PDA

View Full Version : If Cohen were still here would our baseball be better?

bobtail bob
03-26-2023, 09:54 PM
While not a good AD overall he knew the game of baseball. Now that he is gone Lemon looks lost and clueless. . I think John kept Lemons in line and de facto ran the team

Todd4State
03-26-2023, 10:00 PM
Well Cohen was here last year too so maybe not.

AlSwearengen
03-26-2023, 10:05 PM
Cohen was a good coach that seemed to have a good eye for talent and could get the max out of what he had. Some of his better players weren?t rated that highly. It appears that Lemonis is a better recruiter of highly rated talent than cohen was, which makes this whole melt down shitty b/c we have some top tier talent lined up to come in. The rest of the conference will be looking to pick those guys off I?m sure.

CaptainObvious
03-26-2023, 10:05 PM
Is it possible that last year is why Cohen isn?t here now? Not necessarily because he expected a repeat, but because the Cigar Boys met with him and Keenum and told him that crap better not happen again or his Butt is gone. So he had his agent put some feelers out because he saw Fall Baseball practice and said ?Oh Crap!?

Patrick Tibbons
03-26-2023, 10:11 PM
In my opinion, the 2016 team he assembled was one of the best to ever take the field at Dudy Noble.

StarkVegasSteve
03-26-2023, 10:13 PM
Is it possible that last year is why Cohen isn?t here now? Not necessarily because he expected a repeat, but because the Cigar Boys met with him and Keenum and told him that crap better not happen again or his Butt is gone. So he had his agent put some feelers out because he saw Fall Baseball practice and said ?Oh Crap!?

No. Auburn offered him a boatload of money and he left. There is not a President in the country that would fire an AD over baseball.

Cooterpoot
03-26-2023, 10:13 PM
Cohen had a couple pretty bad years too. Just not this bad. Glad he's gone.

StarkVegasSteve
03-26-2023, 10:17 PM
Cohen had a couple pretty bad years too. Just not this bad. Glad he's gone.

In his defense Polk and Raffo had our recruiting efforts stuck in the 1990s so it took him 3 years just to purge the dead weight out of the program and recruit actual baseball players. 2015 was indefensible but he owned it and came back in 2016 and won the SEC.

The Federalist Engineer
03-26-2023, 10:53 PM
In my opinion, the 2016 team he assembled was one of the best to ever take the field at Dudy Noble.

Battleship of a team. Except for the bullpen. Humphries was the closer, that was not a security blanket. It was RHs first pitching duties since HS.

The Arizona games were bad damn luck.

bobtail bob
03-26-2023, 10:54 PM
i think John thought after the title he had done what he came here to do and started looking to GTFO. He let his foot off the gas . Lemonis knew what was going to go down and couldn't swim on his own.
In short we need another John Wayne type to come in and whip the program back into shape. There is no way Mr. Softie will ever get us out of this hole. The team is void of any grit or gameness. That is a leadership issue.

Todd4State
03-27-2023, 01:09 AM
i think John thought after the title he had done what he came here to do and started looking to GTFO. He let his foot off the gas . Lemonis knew what was going to go down and couldn't swim on his own.
In short we need another John Wayne type to come in and whip the program back into shape. There is no way Mr. Softie will ever get us out of this hole. The team is void of any grit or gameness. That is a leadership issue.

I think Cohen wanted more money and tried to use the Auburn job as leverage and Keenum told him to take the Auburn job.