PDA

View Full Version : So Let Me Get This Straight

Todd4State
03-26-2023, 05:04 PM
We have a pitcher today who basically shut Vanderbilt down going against what Foxhall wanted to do- and then Foxhall chews him on the mound and in the dugout. And the pitcher was by far our best performer this weekend- BUT I've been told we can't fire Foxhall now because it won't change anything and we don't have anyone else that can call pitches?

Help me out here because it sure sounds like our pitchers are better off on their own than with Foxhall.

And then kudos to Jay Powell for calling out Foxhall on the broadcast. You should NEVER throw six straight sliders in a row and the fact that was called is incompetent.

Todd4State
03-26-2023, 05:05 PM
I'll be honest- I think we can turn this around if we fire Foxhall now.

Who the interim guy is at this point is irrelevant and really always was. There is no way in hell that Foxhall is coming back for 2024 regardless.

Homedawg
03-26-2023, 05:20 PM
We have a pitcher today who basically shut Vanderbilt down going against what Foxhall wanted to do- and then Foxhall chews him on the mound and in the dugout. And the pitcher was by far our best performer this weekend- BUT I've been told we can't fire Foxhall now because it won't change anything and we don't have anyone else that can call pitches?

Help me out here because it sure sounds like our pitchers are better off on their own than with Foxhall.

And then kudos to Jay Powell for calling out Foxhall on the broadcast. You should NEVER throw six straight sliders in a row and the fact that was called is incompetent.

What are you talking about?

magrooder
03-26-2023, 05:51 PM

The "discussion" on the mound between Foxhall and Holcombe and I guess it continued into the dugout after the inning.

Homedawg
03-26-2023, 05:53 PM
The "discussion" on the mound between Foxhall and Holcombe and I guess it continued into the dugout after the inning.
Didn't see the trip to the mound. But I'd love to know how the op knows what was said.... on the field or the dugout

Todd4State
03-26-2023, 05:56 PM

Cooterpoot said that Holcombe and Foxhall got into an argument in the dugout.

RockyDog
03-26-2023, 05:59 PM
We are an Omaha team. - Todd - every year

magrooder
03-26-2023, 06:00 PM
Didn't see the trip to the mound. But I'd love to know how the op knows what was said.... on the field or the dugout

I didn't either, but in the game thread it was mentioned that Foxhall was chewing Holcombe out on the mound and was told to f off by Holcombe. I'm sure that carried over into the dugout after the inning.

Homedawg
03-26-2023, 06:03 PM
Cooterpoot said that Holcombe and Foxhall got into an argument in the dugout.

So you didn't see it, nor heard it, yet posted what you did?? How did you come up w that? Not being an ass just would love to know how you came up w what you posted on cooterpoot said fox and Holcomb got into an argument in the dugout.

Todd4State
03-26-2023, 06:08 PM
So you didn't see it, nor heard it, yet posted what you did?? How did you come up w that? Not being an ass just would love to know how you came up w what you posted on cooterpoot said fox and Holcomb got into an argument in the dugout.

I took Cooter at his word. It's in the game thread

Commercecomet24
03-26-2023, 06:10 PM
I don't know what was said, obviously but Holcombe and fox did have what appeared to be a very heated discussion on the mound. I don't know about the dugout but the mound talk looked extremely heated between the 2

Coursesuper
03-26-2023, 06:12 PM
I don't know what was said, obviously but Holcombe and fox did have what appeared to be a very heated discussion on the mound. I don't know about the dugout but the mound talk looked extremely heated between the 2

It probably was heated and any asshole that calls 6 straight sliders is a dumbass.

parabrave
03-26-2023, 06:14 PM
I like listening to Jay. He didn't sugarcoat anything today/

Homedawg
03-26-2023, 06:16 PM

Everyone can see our pitching has been terrible. That's not debatable. Heck some on here of gotten on fox about being to soft. Now he gets feisty and the player gets feisty back... maybe we need a little fire. Idk what happened. Nobody on here does.

Maroonthirteen
03-26-2023, 06:17 PM
So you didn't see it, nor heard it, yet posted what you did?? How did you come up w that? .

Assumptions

Cooterpoot
03-26-2023, 06:36 PM
I don't know about the dugout. I just saw the mound conversation. Holcombe wanted to throw his pitch. Foxhall didn't like what was said. No idea about the dugout. Possible I guess. But Lemo was happy with the K.
Like I said, there's a lot going on in that pitching room. And it ain't good for Foxy.

Commercecomet24
03-26-2023, 06:50 PM
Everyone can see our pitching has been terrible. That's not debatable. Heck some on here of gotten on fox about being to soft. Now he gets feisty and the player gets feisty back... maybe we need a little fire. Idk what happened. Nobody on here does.

I love to see some fire and you're right we need more of it!

Homedawg
03-26-2023, 07:03 PM
I don't know about the dugout. I just saw the mound conversation. Holcombe wanted to throw his pitch. Foxhall didn't like what was said. No idea about the dugout. Possible I guess. But Lemo was happy with the K.
Like I said, there's a lot going on in that pitching room. And it ain't good for Foxy.

Interesting....... todd????

Todd4State
03-26-2023, 07:12 PM
Interesting....... todd????

My bad. I thought Cooter said it happened in the dugout.

I'll own up to that misunderstanding on my part.

confucius say
03-26-2023, 07:14 PM

I personally would be in favor of some fire. At least there would be signs of life.

confucius say
03-26-2023, 07:15 PM
Did we ever get an answer as to why we went with Hunt down 8-2 in the 7th and Nixon down 16-5?
Because would have been nice to have them today instead of Yntema carrying his gas can to the mound with him

sandjunky
03-26-2023, 07:17 PM
Maybe do what Cannizzaro did with the bats, when he threw them out the dugout to get warm/hot

Place a bench down the left field line and the pitchers, including foxhall, have to sit there to get their arms warm

Todd4State
03-26-2023, 07:17 PM

Difference is one of those who argued has been horrible all year.

The pitcher who argued was successful

Pancho
03-26-2023, 08:31 PM
Now we know why. He sure did struggle after the mound visit

bulldogcountry1
03-26-2023, 09:36 PM
I can definitely confirm that Holcombe was jawing at Foxhall before he even got halfway to the mound. I don?t know what he said, but it wasn?t a good look.

Lord McBuckethead
03-26-2023, 10:06 PM
I like it.