PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead at our next severe threat

starkvegasdawg
03-26-2023, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately, we're entering that time of year, when these posts will start to become more frequent. Next severe threat looks to be next Friday for the NW part of the state. Still too far out to make any accurate predictions on how bad it will be and types of severe weather. Early GFS forecast soundings show parameters favorable for tornadoes, particularly back over south central AR. The numbers, while impressive, weren't as solid once it entered the NW delta, but this far out I'm not getting hung up on any of that as that will change numerous times between now and then. As of right now I'm not expecting a repeat of last Friday. There are still some failure mode items that have to be resolved. So just keep it in mind as you're planning your late week activities.

www.patreon.org/NMSCAS

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/partners/outlooks/state/images/MS_swody6_PROB.png?1679819167

Dawgology
03-26-2023, 08:26 AM
What about this afternoon in south Mississippi. I have to travel down to Gulfport today for work and my family is freaking out.

starkvegasdawg
03-26-2023, 08:47 AM
What about this afternoon in south Mississippi. I have to travel down to Gulfport today for work and my family is freaking out.

South MS is expected to see some severe weather. Main threat is large hail.

parabrave
03-26-2023, 10:41 AM

Looks like it is setting up for the Pine Belt area, TW is now for Alabama.