PDA

View Full Version : Helmet stickers

FlabLoser
11-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Went to the game. Just watched the replay.

My first helmet sticker goes to Calhoun. He was everywhere. Made plays all over the field in coverage and in run support. SLUNG ROBERT NKEMDICHE TO THE GROUND. Calhoun was a monster all night long. Goodness gracious.

My second sticker goes to Coach Collins. That defense was 11 guys functioning as one. They were all on the same page all night. They were very well prepared for the Ole Miss offense and methodically shut them down. We had guys positioned for all of those cross field lateral plays. Our pressure dictated to Ole Miss what we wanted them to do. We gave Ole Miss those lateral plays and then had guys to stop those for minimal gains. A wave a pressure would flow to Wallace, and then a delayed wave of defense would flow to where we knew he would go with the football. It was a thing of beauty. But it all started with controlling the LOS and stopping the run with our DL.

Which brings me to my third sticker to Chris Jones. He is what Ole Miss wished they had in that entitled brat, Robert Nkemdiche. Played like all-SEC star and will only get better.

Fourth, Dak. When he entered the game everybody in the stadium, and most of all Dak, knew he was lead us to victory. Ole Miss players knew it too. They implied as much in interviews. They said our offense has swagger and confidence with Dak in the game and it was "very difficult to stop". With Dak in, the other 21 players on the field all knew the offense was gonna move and that's a big, big plus.

Lots of other players deserve recognition. This was as much of a team win as I've ever seen. Lot of guys executing all over the place. The was the best prepared State team I've ever seen and also a State team that clearly wanted it more than all those out-of-state national recruits on the other side. They were playing in an all-star game while we were playing a damn Egg Bowl.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Gotta give one to a guy I bashed all season. Nickoe MF Whitley. It's as if Whitley realized there was only 3-4 games left and he flipped a switch. Dude played his ass off here at the end of the season, and that one handed INT and strip of Wallace were things of beauty. Well done Nickoe...you hedge pissing, personal foul getting, no wrapping up, sum bitch....you are THE MAN. And knowing you've been hurt all year makes me feel bad for bashing you.

FlabLoser
11-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Totally agree on Whitley.

Oh and lemmie give an example about the D being uber prepared for this game. I saw this live and it was obvious on the replay too..on OM's last possession in regulation, they tried a fake screen to right then threw the screen to the left flat. The DL are rushing as usual, but then they all read screen and in unison they quit rushing and back up a couple steps to block the middle and get ready to run to one side or the other when the screen was thrown. They sniff out where the screen is going and then run that way. Every single one of them read it. The LBs read it too, as they floated towards the flats.

It was like within 1 second of the snap, all 11 guys on D knew what the play ways and then shut it down. Similar stuff happened all night.

Or preparation was off the charts.

Dawg61
11-29-2013, 11:39 PM
The play he made vs Arkansas was very Honey Badger like. They were about to score a most likely game winning TD and he just ripped the ball out and took whatever the **** he wants. That might of been the single biggest play of the year. Even bigger than his forced fumble to end the game last night. He doesn't make that play we lose to Arkansas and lose to Ole Miss because we are deflated from not going to a bowl.

bulldawg28
11-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Gotta give one to a guy I bashed all season. Nickoe MF Whitley. It's as if Whitley realized there was only 3-4 games left and he flipped a switch. Dude played his ass off here at the end of the season, and that one handed INT and strip of Wallace were things of beauty. Well done Nickoe...you hedge pissing, personal foul getting, no wrapping up, sum bitch....you are THE MAN. And knowing you've been hurt all year makes me feel bad for bashing you.

Gotta love it.