PDA

View Full Version : We probably need to make a change

Cowbell
03-24-2023, 07:47 PM
After this weekend. I'm usually not for that, but we will lose what talent we have to the portal of we don't get something done.

Quaoarsking
03-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Agreed. Never thought we'd get to this point, but we are.

parabrave
03-24-2023, 07:57 PM
They have quit/ No other explanation. The players have lost total confidence in their leadership.

Dawgface
03-24-2023, 08:02 PM
Fire him. Only sensible thing to do.

civildawg
03-24-2023, 08:04 PM
What?s crazy is the whole fanbase is on the same page. Heck people were still wanting to give croom more time. I can?t believe what has happened to our baseball program. It?s like after the championship the whole program stopped working

Leeshouldveflanked
03-24-2023, 08:09 PM
It?s almost like we held over a few bad apples that we should have sent packing during the summer.

Cowbell
03-24-2023, 08:13 PM
We really should build a statue for Tanner and Rowdy. No way we win the championship without their leader ship. I'm beginning to think that's the only reason we won it.

Randolph Dupree
03-24-2023, 08:16 PM
This is the right move at their point. Fire Lemonis, then Fox and GoTro know they're coaching for a job (elsewhere) next year so no choice but to go all in.

I actually have confidence in Jake. I'll probably take some heat in that but I do.

parabrave
03-24-2023, 08:20 PM
We really should build a statue for Tanner and Rowdy. No way we win the championship without their leader ship. I'm beginning to think that's the only reason we won it.

Bednar and Landon need the statues

DownwardDawg
03-24-2023, 08:23 PM
He should absolutely be fired Monday morning. Let's see what our new AD can do.

Cowbell
03-24-2023, 08:27 PM
The Facebook post with the final score from the official baseball page has 480 comments. You don't see that after football losses.

Cowbell
03-24-2023, 08:27 PM
Bednar and Landon need the statues
I agree with that

Pancho
03-24-2023, 08:37 PM
Get er dun

SPMT
03-24-2023, 08:40 PM
I?ve never personally seen anything like it.

Pancho
03-24-2023, 08:45 PM
I think cohen actually saw it coming and this aided his bolt to Auburn. Cohen realized the false bill of goods he's been sold. Is this worse than the JOMO disaster?

Cowbell
03-25-2023, 11:04 AM
Justin Haire at Campbell is worth an interview. They win their conference and show up in regionals annually.

Cowbell
03-25-2023, 11:05 AM
I think cohen actually saw it coming and this aided his bolt to Auburn. Cohen realized the false bill of goods he's been sold. Is this worse than the JOMO disaster?

Yes this is twice the dumpster fire. Jomo didn't have top 5 recruiting. Just an 85 bears defense...

DawgFromOxford
03-25-2023, 12:06 PM
Justin Haire at Campbell is worth an interview. They win their conference and show up in regionals annually.

I could get behind this. Bring an elite pitching coach matched with Haire?s offense

Dolphus Raymond
03-25-2023, 12:27 PM
As much as it pains me, I believe he needs to be let go ASAP. What we have witnessed last year, but particularly this season, is NOT Mississippi State baseball. Something is terribly wrong. Do it and move on.

Santiago
03-25-2023, 12:54 PM
I still cannot forget Cohen on radio shows during that season, telling us about the next HC having multiple trips to Omaha, etc.
I don't care what Rosebowl says about his friend Cohen telling him he never was hiring Schloss. Cohen thought he had a coach wrapped up and was talking big on the radio before the season extended all the way to the CWS. Lemonis was not plan A, B, or C.

And that is the crazy thing back then. We had a team you could literally have some of the players parents coach at 3rd base in games and hit fungo during practices, and that team would still kick you tail in a baseball version of a street fight. I miss that type of team now.

SpaceBully
03-26-2023, 09:44 AM
What?s crazy is the whole fanbase is on the same page. Heck people were still wanting to give croom more time. I can?t believe what has happened to our baseball program. It?s like after the championship the whole program stopped working

I would have given Croom another year had he fired McCorvey and brought in a real OC. Croom's teams played fairly decent defense. We just couldn't score.

Todd4State
03-26-2023, 11:04 AM
I would have given Croom another year had he fired McCorvey and brought in a real OC. Croom's teams played fairly decent defense. We just couldn't score.

Similar issues in a way- Croom waited too long to do anything.

Croom had a large hand in play calling. He should have made McCorvey the AHC/TE coach and hired someone else to run the offense.