PDA

View Full Version : 2 blown calls last night

Dawg61
11-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Why on earth didn't we call timeouts to give the booths enough time to call for a review? We had 2 more turnovers if those plays get reviewed. The one time we do challenge is over a bad spot.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Why on earth didn't we call timeouts to give the booths enough time to call for a review? We had 2 more turnovers if those plays get reviewed. The one time we do challenge is over a bad spot.

I disagree. Mullen shouldn't have to risk timeouts to do the replay official's job. There was plenty of time between both of those plays for the replay official to watch the video, but he must've been in the bathroom. Completely unacceptable from the SEC's point of view. To much at stake nowadays for incompetence with instant replay.

Coach34
11-29-2013, 10:53 PM
No idea on the 1st one- but on the 2nd one, Calhoun didnt even act like he picked it. He has got to tell the sideline he picked it instead of acting like he didnt

OurState
11-29-2013, 10:56 PM
I disagree. Mullen shouldn't have to risk timeouts to do the replay official's job. There was plenty of time between both of those plays for the replay official to watch the video, but he must've been in the bathroom. Completely unacceptable from the SEC's point of view. To much at stake nowadays for incompetence with instant replay.

I thought the first fumble that they missed may have been whistled dead after the fumble but enough to make calling a record unclear. I wasn't sure it was reviewable.

PassInterference
11-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Lots of missed pass interference calls against Ole Miss on offense and defense.

Real obvious offensive PI when Wallace threw a ball to Logan near the goal line. Logan wasn't looking for it. Our DB jumped to try and catch it while Logan was pushing the DB. Logan's hands all over the DB like he was run blocking (because he didn't know the ball was on the way). Real obvious offensive PI. Two refs within 10 yards watched it. I really think they didn't call PI because Logan, not knowing the ball was coming, didn't mean to commit PI.....like Hugh didn't mean to violate the jersey number rule so they didn't call it. Awe shucks.

Lots of uncalled defensive PI throughout the game.

Makes me sick. I hate botched PI calls and non-calls. Its a damn good thing CFB doesn't have NFL PI rules. SEC refs can't handle the responsibility of penalizing a team more than 15 yards.