PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning

parabrave
03-19-2023, 01:25 PM
in Selmons office. Leomonis thanks for the Ring but I have lost all confidence in you and you are hereby relieved of all duties. Gatrou you are promoted to manager are this is your chance to excel.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 01:28 PM
in Selmons office. Leomonis thanks for the Ring but I have lost all confidence in you and you are hereby relieved of all duties. Gatrou you are promoted to manager are this is your chance to excel.

Hire Jake in the interim, bring Polk back down to the dugout for fielding, and go get Russ McNickle for the pitchers. If we get on a win streak Polk can smoke on the field

Coursesuper
03-19-2023, 01:31 PM
Hire Jake in the interim, bring Polk back down to the dugout for fielding, and go get Russ McNickle for the pitchers. If we get on a win streak Polk can smoke on the field

The Polk, Russ thing will absolutely never happen.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 01:39 PM
The Polk, Russ thing will absolutely never happen.

The Polk part was said in jest. I think Russ probably would come back for a couple of months to help out. He is unemployed at the moment so he has some free time. Regardless, we would need a pitching coach and our staff may be worse under Jay Powell. He has never coached at even the JUCO level, much less the best conference in college baseball. McNickle has done it for over 20 years. The only other option is see if you can pull Roy away from the 44 Prime bar long enough.

Coursesuper
03-19-2023, 01:43 PM
The Polk part was said in jest. I think Russ probably would come back for a couple of months to help out. He is unemployed at the moment so he has some free time. Regardless, we would need a pitching coach and our staff may be worse under Jay Powell. He has never coached at even the JUCO level, much less the best conference in college baseball. McNickle has done it for over 20 years. The only other option is see if you can pull Roy away from the 44 Prime bar long enough.

Russ will not be a part of this.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 01:59 PM

Well then we better hope 44 Prime pushes back Happy Hour til after practices and games.

Coursesuper
03-19-2023, 02:01 PM
Well then we better hope 44 Prime pushes back Happy Hour til after practices and games.

I?m not going disagree with that.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 02:02 PM
I?m not going disagree with that.

It is bad my friend. It is bad that we are looking at that option and seriously considering it.

Coursesuper
03-19-2023, 02:07 PM
It is bad my friend. It is bad that we are looking at that option and seriously considering it.

Im not considering it I?m living it. I?m here also and I can?t make myself go to a game. I?m just a better person if I stay away. Looks like that?s going to be an extended thing.

State82
03-19-2023, 02:09 PM

Obviously, none of this will happen. But, come July 1, everything needs to be in place. I know Dr. Keenum has a plate full, but he needs to stress to Selmon that this Charlie Foxtrot will NOT be tolerated and he has about 3 months to right this ship and get the best staff in place. Selmon isn't dumb. All he has to do is look at DNF to know we don't play around with this program.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 02:09 PM
Im not considering it I?m living it. I?m here also and I can?t make myself go to a game. I?m just a better person if I stay away. Looks like that?s going to be an extended thing.

Thankfully I moved to DFW a couple of years ago so I am not right next to it. Unfortunately I have to be in Starkville this weekend and will unfortunately be at the games. Oh well, at least I have a good reason to get hammered.

Cowbell
03-19-2023, 02:11 PM
Thankfully I moved to DFW a couple of years ago so I am not right next to it. Unfortunately I have to be in Starkville this weekend and will unfortunately be at the games. Oh well, at least I have a good reason to get hammered.

Where you live man? I'm right north of the DFW

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 02:12 PM
Obviously, none of this will happen. But, come July 1, everything needs to be in place. I know Dr. Keenum has a plate full, but he needs to stress to Selmon that this Charlie Foxtrot will NOT be tolerated and he has about 3 months to right this ship and get the best staff in place. Selmon isn't dumb. All he has to do is look at DNF to know we don't play around with this program.

You know I was not for a mid season firing until yesterday but now I am 100% on board with it. This team is not getting better. They need a breathe of fresh air around the program. Maybe Jake can provide that. Do I believe he can? No. But I had low expectations for Henderson too so what do I know.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 02:13 PM
Where you live man? I'm right north of the DFW

Live right across the bridge from downtown in Trinity Groves. Across the street from St. Rocco’s.

maroonmania
03-19-2023, 02:14 PM

Baseball is the one sport on the entire campus that State fans will not put up with a subpar product. It's really the only sport historically we can take pride in. This BS we are watching now is just plain embarrassing.

parabrave
03-19-2023, 02:17 PM
You know I was not for a mid season firing until yesterday but now I am 100% on board with it. This team is not getting better. They need a breathe of fresh air around the program. Maybe Jake can provide that. Do I believe he can? No. But I had low expectations for Henderson too so what do I know.

Not a fan either but now we are talking about the future of the program not only just this one year,

maroonmania
03-19-2023, 02:27 PM

Given this happened on the road in poor weather I would like to see how we look against Vandy at home next weekend but if it's a repeat of this weekend then I'm good to make the change whenever. It's not like we could do any worse. Thanks Cohen. now I'm even more glad your butt is at Auburn because if you were still here I would be ready to fire you too.

Cooterpoot
03-19-2023, 02:29 PM

Jay Powell

Patrick Tibbons
03-19-2023, 02:32 PM
Good thing Kentucky did not have to play in the bad weather like we did.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 02:33 PM
Jay Powell

Jay has never coached at the JUCO level and he is also not going to leave JA high and dry to be an interim pitching coach. He has zero shot at the full time job and will not leave his job to do that.

The only reason I am remotely comfortable with broaching Roy’s interest in the job is the fact that he does not have a full time job. And the fact that he was in the bigs for 12 years and around a couple of the best pitchers of all time for a few of those years.

dawgday166
03-19-2023, 02:35 PM
Good thing Kentucky did not have to play in the bad weather like we did.

I was thinking same thing.

sandjunky
03-19-2023, 02:37 PM
Given this happened on the road in poor weather I would like to see how we look against Vandy at home next weekend but if it's a repeat of this weekend then I'm good to make the change whenever. It's not like we could do any worse. Thanks Cohen. now I'm even more glad your butt is at Auburn because if you were still here I would be ready to fire you too.

Get the 17ing excuses out of here - UK had the same 17ing weather we had - it just highlighted which team is mentally weaker than the other

Cowbell
03-19-2023, 02:46 PM

Live right across the bridge from downtown in Trinity Groves. Across the street from St. Rocco?s.

We ranch for a living so a little further out of that traffic thankfully / you are in it!

Cowbell
03-19-2023, 02:48 PM

I could live with this as long as the next 5 days us spent putting a plan in place by our AD.

Cooterpoot
03-19-2023, 02:49 PM
Jay has never coached at the JUCO level and he is also not going to leave JA high and dry to be an interim pitching coach. He has zero shot at the full time job and will not leave his job to do that.

The only reason I am remotely comfortable with broaching Roy?s interest in the job is the fact that he does not have a full time job. And the fact that he was in the bigs for 12 years and around a couple of the best pitchers of all time for a few of those years.

It's an interim deal. Do what you have to do. He played here. He knows enough and the babying will stop.

maroonmania
03-19-2023, 03:01 PM
I could live with this as long as the next 5 days us spent putting a plan in place by our AD.

Well, really won't matter. We all know that unless something is going on with Lemonis off the field we won't make a move until the season ends if we even make one then.

Dawgface
03-19-2023, 03:14 PM

I would go for this. Maybe Lemonis will resign with an agreed upon settlement.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 03:15 PM
It's an interim deal. Do what you have to do. He played here. He knows enough and the babying will stop.

I would love to hear that convo. “Hey Jay, we need you to quit your job and come coach pitchers for a month and a half on an interim basis. You have zero chance at the full time job though.”

CaptainObvious
03-19-2023, 03:27 PM
Hell, I?ll take that offer. I cannot be any worse than what we have now!

RockyDog
03-19-2023, 04:00 PM
Stop wasting money on club sports and give it to Arnett and Jans. Problem solved. Let Dudy Noble become the best intramural field in the country.

Todd4State
03-19-2023, 04:32 PM

The only reason I am remotely comfortable with broaching Roy’s interest in the job is the fact that he does not have a full time job. And the fact that he was in the bigs for 12 years and around a couple of the best pitchers of all time for a few of those years.

If you have played MLB baseball for 10 years you are qualified to be an interim pitching coach for a SEC baseball team.

Mjoelner34
03-19-2023, 04:37 PM
Stop wasting money on club sports and give it to Arnett and Jans and we would still be hind-tit and far, far from the tallest midget in either of those sports.

BulldogBear
03-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Lemons will be the head baseball coach in 2024 regardless of what happens this year. I'm also not convinced Slowthrow will be canned either. I just don't believe we will do anything about it.

BuckyIsAB****
03-19-2023, 05:26 PM
Lemons will be the head baseball coach in 2024 regardless of what happens this year. I'm also not convinced Slowthrow will be canned either. I just don't believe we will do anything about it.

Youre going to be surprised

CaptainObvious
03-19-2023, 09:08 PM
Stop wasting money on club sports and give it to Arnett and Jans. Problem solved. Let Dudy Noble become the best intramural field in the country.

There?s a great big world out there away from topics about State baseball. Go enjoy it! You opinion is worth less than a half a penny on this topic.

Dawgface
03-19-2023, 09:09 PM

I don't believe anyone in their right mind believes that.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 09:17 PM
I don't believe anyone in their right mind believes that.

Yea if we don't show MASSIVE improvement I don't think he's here next year. And let me say this because I've been very vocally against Lemonis for about 10 months now, but he truly is a great guy. A quick story, I was at Boardtown on a Sunday back in 21 and was just enjoying my afternoon and a guy came up and asked was anyone sitting beside me, it was Lemonis. We sat there and talked for an hour or so about everything, baseball, life, etc. He stopped to take pictures with kids and talked to them, not just blow them off. I saw all that to say that, although I may be tough on him, he really is a great ambassador for our university and our program.

Commercecomet24
03-19-2023, 09:49 PM
Yea if we don't show MASSIVE improvement I don't think he's here next year. And let me say this because I've been very vocally against Lemonis for about 10 months now, but he truly is a great guy. A quick story, I was at Boardtown on a Sunday back in 21 and was just enjoying my afternoon and a guy came up and asked was anyone sitting beside me, it was Lemonis. We sat there and talked for an hour or so about everything, baseball, life, etc. He stopped to take pictures with kids and talked to them, not just blow them off. I saw all that to say that, although I may be tough on him, he really is a great ambassador for our university and our program.

Every positive thing you just said about Lem is 100% true. He's just a good dude and approachable and personable and that's why this hurts so bad. It's not like he's a butthole who people can't stand and want him gone.

Todd4State
03-19-2023, 09:50 PM

At this point I wouldn't say that. He is embarrassing us right now- and the cigar boys are not going to put up with this for much longer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foxhall is fired soon. If that happens they're putting Lemonis on notice. Turn this around now or you're next.

There are going to be some changes regardless.

CaptainObvious
03-19-2023, 09:51 PM
Every positive thing you just said about Lem is 100% true. He's just a good dude and approachable and personable and that's why this hurts so bad. It's not like he's a butthole who people can't stand and want him gone.

I?d take a butthole if he could get these clowns to perform up to their press clippings.

Todd4State
03-19-2023, 09:52 PM

I still haven't changed my attitude towards him. You can't win a National Championship and not know what you're doing.

His problem is he is too nice- that has led to unearned loyalty and that's the root of our problems right now.

Most coaches would have fired Foxhall in June.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 09:55 PM

Exactly. And that's why it hurts to just have this feeling that it isn't going to work because I want to really bad. He's far more approachable than any coach we've had in my lifetime. Cann was cool, but I always felt like I was talking to a car salesman. Cohen was just a dick. I have no way of sugarcoating it. And Polk may have been different in the early days and he was never mean or anything but he just couldn't carry a conversation that didn't center around baseball. Lemonis is just real. He'll sit there and have a beer with you and just shoot the s***. He really is one of us in that way.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2023, 09:59 PM
I still haven't changed my attitude towards him. You can't win a National Championship and not know what you're doing.

His problem is he is too nice- that has led to unearned loyalty and that's the root of our problems right now.

Most coaches would have fired Foxhall in June.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a too nice thing. I think it's too loyal. And again, there's times that loyalty has paid off. Dubrule, Yeager, Rowdey in 19, Kam James in 21.

I think the Foxhall thing is truly just he thought it was injuries that screwed everything up and no coach could've been ready for that. And in a way that's not false. I mean going into last year the prevailing was we got Landon, Preston, and Stone who can be the workhorses. Two of those three are done 3 weeks into the year. Fristoe was a head case, KC was never fully healthy, and then just when we thought Brooks Auger was coming along he goes out for the year.

Commercecomet24
03-19-2023, 10:06 PM
Exactly. And that's why it hurts to just have this feeling that it isn't going to work because I want to really bad. He's far more approachable than any coach we've had in my lifetime. Cann was cool, but I always felt like I was talking to a car salesman. Cohen was just a dick. I have no way of sugarcoating it. And Polk may have been different in the early days and he was never mean or anything but he just couldn't carry a conversation that didn't center around baseball. Lemonis is just real. He'll sit there and have a beer with you and just shoot the s***. He really is one of us in that way.

100%. Coach Polk was a cool guy and just awesome to pick his mind about baseball but Lemonis is just one of us. Yeah this hurts.

Activated Alpha
03-19-2023, 10:59 PM
I don?t know if it?s complacency or what, but I remember when Lemonis stormed out of the dugout and threw his hands in the air to keep everyone from coming to the mound only to chew the pitchers ass off while calling in the reliever. I know he wants to win and I agree with Todd in that he knows what he?s doing if he can get us to supers/Omaha/CAS multiple times. I believe he is a good coach, but I want Foxhall gone now. Honestly we could do better with cheese being the pitching coach because fox has done nothing

Todd4State
03-20-2023, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a too nice thing. I think it's too loyal. And again, there's times that loyalty has paid off. Dubrule, Yeager, Rowdey in 19, Kam James in 21.

I think the Foxhall thing is truly just he thought it was injuries that screwed everything up and no coach could've been ready for that. And in a way that's not false. I mean going into last year the prevailing was we got Landon, Preston, and Stone who can be the workhorses. Two of those three are done 3 weeks into the year. Fristoe was a head case, KC was never fully healthy, and then just when we thought Brooks Auger was coming along he goes out for the year.

Well, loyalty = being too nice in this instance.

I can understand why he would stay with Foxhall. He has a track record of success and was the Assistant of the year in 2021.

But from where I sat in my seat I just saw too much that concerned me.