PDA

View Full Version : 13 straight SEC losses for Lemonis

Cooterpoot
03-18-2023, 03:43 PM
Is that correct? Jesus...

Activated Alpha
03-18-2023, 03:45 PM
Unacceptable. Imagine if LSU had 13 straight SEC losses or Alabama football had 13 straight. I'm sorry, but Lemonis has to go

Cooterpoot
03-18-2023, 03:50 PM
We'll sit on our hands and stick our thumbs up our butts. Fire Foxhall and send a message to the bucket boss.

basedog
03-18-2023, 03:53 PM
I was wrong saying it was early a little while back. Culture or Chemistry looks to be really bad. No consistency is a sign of poor coaching and recruiting. I can’t name one elite baseball player Lemonis has signed at MSU.

Yep, I’ve jumped off the ship with this situation. I have followed MSU baseball all the way back to Paul Gregory days. This is has gotten out of hand.
I’m just happy Cohen want be making our next baseball hire.

Ranchdawg
03-18-2023, 04:00 PM
According to some idiots on this message boards that we alum fans have absolutely lost our minds for even pointing out how bad our coaching is. They?ll come up with every excuse they can muster up. My favorite excuse is that we shouldn?t point out how bad coaching is or even discuss firing coaches because we didn?t individually contribute to the NIL.

EdwardDrayton
03-18-2023, 04:01 PM
Starting to wonder if this is the beginning of the end for all us second tier D1 programs and not just in baseball. Just will not be enough money to compete for enough talented players. Either we dial back our competitive expectations or move on to some other form of entertainment.

Coursesuper
03-18-2023, 04:03 PM
Starting to wonder if this is the beginning of the end for all us second tier D1 programs and not just in baseball. Just will not be enough money to compete for enough talented players. Either we dial back our competitive expectations or move on to some other form of entertainment.

You just might be on to something here.

Turfdawg67
03-18-2023, 04:04 PM
Just came to see Cowbell and TNDawg defend this pathetic sh*tshow. They get it.

Ranchdawg
03-18-2023, 04:10 PM

I just don?t buy that attitude. Look at USM. They have terrible facilities play at at high school park have don?t have close to fan base as us and darn don?t have much NIL. Yet they have hosted regional played in regionals. And that has been in just recent years.

The Federalist Engineer
03-18-2023, 04:14 PM
I was wrong saying it was early a little while back. Culture or Chemistry looks to be really bad. No consistency is a sign of poor coaching and recruiting. I can’t name one elite baseball player Lemonis has signed at MSU.

Yep, I’ve jumped off the ship with this situation. I have followed MSU baseball all the way back to Paul Gregory days. This is has gotten out of hand.

Basedog has spoken, this is real folks.

The Federalist Engineer
03-18-2023, 04:17 PM
Just came to see Cowbell defend this pathetic sh*tshow.

We don't need a unanimous vote of ED posters to declare "Chernobyl!" It's ok to have free thought.

But I do want know what Shotgun and Beardo think.

basedog
03-18-2023, 04:19 PM
I just don?t buy that attitude. Look at USM. They have terrible facilities play at at high school park have don?t have close to fan base as us and darn don?t have much NIL. Yet they have hosted regional played in regionals. And that has been in just recent years.

Yes to what you say. It ain’t all about NIL money in baseball. 35 players on a team, not all or demanding tons of money.

EdwardDrayton
03-18-2023, 04:23 PM

Of course there will be a few that can overcome the hurdles at times but not consistently. So overall those who have the most money will win. Now have a governing body with teeth (the NCAA is dead) implement some 'salary cap' type rules to level the field for everyone, then we have a relevant body of entertainment again. But sure don't see anyone taking the lead on making it happen.

BeardoMSU
03-18-2023, 04:23 PM
We don't need a unanimous vote of ED posters to declare "Chernobyl!" It's ok to have free thought.

But I do want know what Shotgun and Beardo think.

I've started drinking, so please pardon me for not putting coherent thoughts forward here, lol.

Though, if you read my posts from the game 2 thread, and the end of game 1 thread....its probably clear I'm not brimming with hope.

msstate7
03-18-2023, 04:28 PM
Please get rid of him

msstate7
03-18-2023, 04:31 PM
I didn't even listen/watch today! I listen/watch every game!! This is the ultimate indictment against lemonis... he's turned state baseball into an afterthought for me.

maroonmania
03-18-2023, 04:31 PM
Is that correct? Jesus...

It's really hard to lose 13 straight baseball games. Oh well, we will luck up and eventually win an SEC game.

Skydawg1
03-18-2023, 04:32 PM
That is hard to comprehend. Damn.

HoopsDawg
03-18-2023, 04:34 PM
Of course there will be a few that can overcome the hurdles at times but not consistently. So overall those who have the most money will win. Now have a governing body with teeth (the NCAA is dead) implement some 'salary cap' type rules to level the field for everyone, then we have a relevant body of entertainment again. But sure don't see anyone taking the lead on making it happen.

This team has almost nothing to do with NIL or lack of NIL funds except for Skenes. Lemonis has done a poor job of evaluating and developing talent- particularly at key positions and on the mound.

BeardoMSU
03-18-2023, 04:38 PM
Hmmm...

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1637200459638120448?t=cDleWj1Eq5r_VZYffJj2WA&s=19

Dawgface
03-18-2023, 04:40 PM
It's really hard to lose 13 straight baseball games. Oh well, we will luck up and eventually win an SEC game.

What the over or under on 5 sec wins? I say less.

EdwardDrayton
03-18-2023, 04:40 PM
This team has almost nothing to do with NIL or lack of NIL funds except for Skenes. Lemonis has done a poor job of evaluating and developing talent- particularly at key positions and on the mound.

Well we certainly hope that view is the correct one. At least we can DO something about that. Time will tell.

sandjunky
03-18-2023, 04:41 PM
Hmmm...

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1637200459638120448?t=cDleWj1Eq5r_VZYffJj2WA&s=19

He doesn?t know what to do

msstate7
03-18-2023, 04:46 PM
Lemonis is trash. Take it out, and let it be disposed

Dawgface
03-18-2023, 04:48 PM
He's in denial.

TNDawg35
03-18-2023, 04:48 PM
Just came to see Cowbell and TNDawg defend this pathetic sh*tshow. They get it.

Shit. I have been asleep. I work nights and am on day 9 or 17. To hell with him. I?m done with Lemonis? fire his ass.

WSOPdawg
03-18-2023, 04:53 PM
Shit. I have been asleep. I work nights and am on day 9 or 17. To hell with him. I?m done with Lemonis? fire his ass.

Can't really see how it's gonna get any better as win or lose tomorrow (probably lose), we face Vandy's pitching next weekend that just held Bianco's Bitches to 4 runs in their 3-game sweep (outscoring them 27-4).

Starting out 1-5 or 0-6 in SEC is a mighty big hole with LSU, Arky, Tenn, aTm still to come.

EdwardDrayton
03-18-2023, 04:53 PM
Hmmm...

Apparently he started drinking before we did.

Goldendawg
03-18-2023, 04:56 PM
I have hesitated to mention this, but has anyone noticed he's beginning to wear his cap crooked just like croom?***

civildawg
03-18-2023, 04:56 PM
I hate it because Lemonis seems like a really good dude but you can?t lose 13 straight at MSU. You just can?t. Time to start putting a short list together

msstate7
03-18-2023, 04:58 PM
I hate it because Lemonis seems like a really good dude but you can?t lose 13 straight at MSU. You just can?t. Time to start putting a short list together

I'd fire him Monday if he loses tomorrow.

Goldendawg
03-18-2023, 05:04 PM
Lemonis says in his interview that the sec losing streak is only 2. The 11 in a row last year doesn't count. Spin it anyway you want, I guess. Maybe we should start paying him by sec wins this year.

Turfdawg67
03-18-2023, 05:05 PM
I have hesitated to mention this, but has anyone noticed he's beginning to wear his cap crooked just like croom?***

LOL!

WinningIsRelentless
03-18-2023, 05:07 PM
Lemonis says in his interview that the sec losing streak is only 2. The 11 in a row last year doesn't count. Spin it anyway you want, I guess. Maybe we should start paying him by sec wins this year.

Flip it on him and say ok it?s 13 straight sec losses by this coaching staff.

Activated Alpha
03-18-2023, 05:07 PM
Who's on your list as of right now?

TNDawg35
03-18-2023, 05:10 PM
Who's on your list as of right now?

Depends on if we’re gonna play to win or play like we always have… if we’re gonna play to win, there is only one name… Vitello and you write him a blank check…

Turfdawg67
03-18-2023, 05:13 PM

What if it balloons to 17 straight losses after next weekend?!? Holy schnikes!

KOdawg1
03-18-2023, 05:20 PM
"Last year is last year."

That's where you're wrong Lem. Last year is this year. It's the same shit. The same issues. The same crappy play. It's the same thing.

The Federalist Engineer
03-18-2023, 05:22 PM

That's the IQ 200 response, total genius.

I am going to say that at home to my wife when she yells at me about going to the hardware store for PVC and Electrical Tape, but spending the entire 3 hours at Ace and Home Depot to bring home industrial strength Velcro and Alien Tape.

"I've only done that twice this year, 'Mam. Those other times. They, happened last year."

Turfdawg67
03-18-2023, 05:29 PM
Depends on if we’re gonna play to win or play like we always have… if we’re gonna play to win, there is only one name… Vitello and you write him a blank check…

Why in the world would he leave UT when he's got things rolling? Money? I'm sure UT will match whatever we offer. Hell, we couldn't pull a big name sitting coach 5 years ago.

TNDawg35
03-18-2023, 05:43 PM
Why in the world would he leave UT when he's got things rolling? Money? I'm sure UT will match whatever we offer. Hell, we couldn't pull a big name sitting coach 5 years ago.

Cohen ain’t here this time around… we can pull a big name. Hell go after Schloss again…

basedog
03-18-2023, 05:51 PM
Cohen ain’t here this time around… we can pull a big name. Hell go after Schloss again…

Big no for me.

The Federalist Engineer
03-18-2023, 05:55 PM
I've started drinking, so please pardon me for not putting coherent thoughts forward here, lol.

Though, if you read my posts from the game 2 thread, and the end of game 1 thread....its probably clear I'm not brimming with hope.

I am watching Friday night again, with a glass of Bourbon myself.

I just consider you and Shotgun (where ever he may be), to be the cats to provide us all another perspective.

Saltydog
03-18-2023, 06:52 PM
Apparently he started drinking before we did.

Wow, talking about turning lemons into lemonade.

DownwardDawg
03-18-2023, 07:09 PM
Hmmm...

The end is near

Todd4State
03-18-2023, 07:30 PM

We need to continue to grow our NIL regardless and keep donating to the Bulldog Initiative. I'm fairly confident that the big fish like Skenes are going to have to be donations from former players like Adam Frazier and Brandon Woodruff.

We could have pulled Scloss but things got weird when we went to Omaha. TCU started to pressure him into making a call about whether he was leaving or staying and Cohen wasn't going to make an announcement while we were still playing in Omaha. Which was the right way to handle that on Cohen's part.

Commercecomet24
03-18-2023, 07:36 PM
We need to continue to grow our NIL regardless and keep donating to the Bulldog Initiative. I'm fairly confident that the big fish like Skenes are going to have to be donations from former players like Adam Frazier and Brandon Woodruff.

We could have pulled Scloss but things got weird when we went to Omaha. TCU started to pressure him into making a call about whether he was leaving or staying and Cohen wasn't going to make an announcement while we were still playing in Omaha. Which was the right way to handle that on Cohen's part.

Schloss was coming here. He told a couple of our top recruits he was coming. I saw the texts. As you said things got weird.

Cowbell
03-18-2023, 07:41 PM

Ok y'all can count me in the fire him group if this is base saying this. What's really going on man?

basedog
03-18-2023, 08:15 PM
Ok y'all can count me in the fire him group if this is base saying this. What's really going on man?

It’s what I’m seeing more than any inside information. It’s just ugly baseball. I hate the thought about firing a MSU baseball coach. How many times has this ever happened, think about that. But if Ron Polk can be fired…..LOL

Btw Cowbell, if we get swept next Weekend, then imagine the discussions moving forward. LOL

sandjunky
03-18-2023, 08:40 PM
It’s what I’m seeing more than any inside information. It’s just ugly baseball. I hate the thought about firing a MSU baseball coach. How many times has this ever happened, think about that. But if Ron Polk can be fired…..LOL

Btw Cowbell, if we get swept next Weekend, then imagine the discussions moving forward. LOL

Next week will be pound town by Vandy

SpaceBully
03-18-2023, 08:50 PM

And the Dores' are looking forward to it. If they can run rule us every game, they'll try like hell to do it.

Cooterpoot
03-18-2023, 08:54 PM
We're near last in the SEC in hitting and pitching and are last in fielding. We can't beat our meat.
Bad recruiting, bad coaching, bad player development, bad program. We're soft and lack discipline/toughness. We aren't focused on being a great program. But we can party!

BeardoMSU
03-18-2023, 08:55 PM

And in the words of Tenacious D, Vandy is going to "bend us over and take us to brown town".....

It sounds terrible, not gonna lie.***

DownwardDawg
03-18-2023, 08:58 PM

Cohen couldn't pull a big name coach. Lots of coaches don't want to work with Cohen.
I'm thinking money would be same either here or Tennessee. Stadium and facilities isn't comparable. Tradition isn't comparable. Who knows what he would do though. He's a total douche bag and will end up in some sort of controversy sooner or later but how bad do we want to win???

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-18-2023, 09:10 PM
Cohen couldn't pull a big name coach. Lots of coaches don't want to work with Cohen.
I'm thinking money would be same either here or Tennessee. Stadium and facilities isn't comparable. Tradition isn't comparable. Who knows what he would do though. He's a total douche bag and will end up in some sort of controversy sooner or later but how bad do we want to win???

I live in Vol country. They ain't letting him go. He already got a $56M commitment to rebuild the stadium so facilities aren't going to be a difference. The boosters will nut up $3M if that's what it takes to be elite in baseball. They just want to win and don't care what sport

He 100% will be fired even by TN for some sexual assault of coeds or for trying to kill a recruits dad or some shit. Guy is a "win at all costs" hothead douche that doesn't own up to his mistakes. That's going to catch up at some point

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-18-2023, 09:16 PM
I'll say it. At what point do we root to get blown out to force Selmons hand? I'd rather lose big now and have a chance next year than go another year of Lemo. You would too. Until we feel confident Lemo is gone, why should we not want to be getting run ruled? It's what's best for the baseball program long term and we all know it

Goldendawg
03-18-2023, 09:41 PM
We're near last in the SEC in hitting and pitching and are last in fielding. We can't beat our meat.
Bad recruiting, bad coaching, bad player development, bad program. We're soft and lack discipline/toughness. We aren't focused on being a great program. But we can party!

JoMo knows a good waterpark to visit. Says it may break the team out of the funk.***

CaptainObvious
03-18-2023, 09:46 PM
In the words of the Irishman in Braveheart:

< We?re Fooked >

KOdawg1
03-18-2023, 09:48 PM

We also tap our chest with 2 strikes with the best of them

Cooterpoot
03-18-2023, 09:58 PM
No swagger is a problem too. You show me a baseball team without some swagger and I'll show you a bad team. We just look miserable on the field. No fire, no looking like we'd just assume beat your ass as look at you. We just show up and go through the usual motions as a team. During our run the previous years, we had it. Lemonis has killed it. He won't get off the bucket to argue a call. Foxy won't even give a mound visit.

TNDawg35
03-18-2023, 10:17 PM
No swagger is a problem too. You show me a baseball team without some swagger and I'll show you a bad team. We just look miserable on the field. No fire, no looking like we'd just assume beat your ass as look at you. We just show up and go through the usual motions as a team. During our run the previous years, we had it. Lemonis has killed it. He won't get off the bucket to argue a call. Foxy won't even give a mound visit.

If we’re gonna throw them under, may as well be all 3. Gotro doesn’t leave his dugout corner either now. And isn’t he the recruiting cordinator… We had the #2 transfer and #4 freshman class and this is what we put on the field/mound… If it wasn’t for Hunter Hines, we get run ruled today…

maroonmania
03-18-2023, 10:26 PM
Schloss was coming here. He told a couple of our top recruits he was coming. I saw the texts. As you said things got weird.

We are MState. Even when we win we lose. Go to Omaha with Henderson and it cost us getting a more proven coach. Go to back to back national championship games in WBB and then lose our HC and fall off the map for a few years. Win a national championship in baseball and follow that up with a losing season and what looks to be another disappointing season this year. You cant even make this stuff up. We are the epitome of NOT building on success.

Cowbell
03-18-2023, 10:31 PM
We are MState. Even when we win we lose. Go to Omaha with Henderson and it cost us getting a more proven coach. Go to back to back national championship games in WBB and then lose our HC and fall off the map for a few years. Win a national championship in baseball and follow that up with a losing season and what looks to be another disappointing season this year. You cant even make this stuff up. We are the epitome of NOT building on success.

Schloss ain't winning no nattie. A&M is worse than us. College baseball has changed drastically the last two years and the ones not changing are going to get left in the dust.

Cooterpoot
03-18-2023, 10:34 PM
If we’re gonna throw them under, may as well be all 3. Gotro doesn’t leave his dugout corner either now. And isn’t he the recruiting cordinator… We had the #2 transfer and #4 freshman class and this is what we put on the field/mound… If it wasn’t for Hunter Hines, we get run ruled today…

Hitting coaches don't generally go on the field. But yeah, recruiting has been more about ratings than actual players.

bobtail bob
03-19-2023, 12:00 AM
And that what angers me even more at MSU is we put up with mediocrity more than any other University in the SEC. We are poor we in located Starkville blab blab blab All excuses

https://media.giphy.com/media/ylrR5oFlbGT7BJQAWU/giphy.gif

R2Dawg
03-19-2023, 07:26 AM

Not buying. We got boat raced by UK and others at bottom of barrel in baseball. Got nothing to do with NIL or money.

I agree I don't like what has happened with it but that ain't why we look like we do. OM won NC last year. UK don't put more money in baseball than we do, nor Mizz, nor whomever.

R2Dawg
03-19-2023, 07:28 AM

Yep, too true. On top of that we win NC and then let OM win one the next year.

Cooterpoot
03-19-2023, 08:46 AM
Nm

Really Clark?
03-19-2023, 10:34 AM
Yep, too true. On top of that we win NC and then let OM win one the next year.

We let them win?

WSOPdawg
03-19-2023, 10:47 AM
We let them win?

Well, I think we can honestly say that had WE done what WE were supposed to do and make the tourney, OM definitely would not have been in. But Lemonis allowed us to sh!t the bed and finish dead 17n last (so OM gets in and goes on a magical carpet ride all the way to the Championship).