PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in Red Stick?

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2013, 07:08 PM
I didn't know they were expanding that stadium. But today is the 2nd game I have watched of theirs with big obvious gaps of empty seats through out the stadium. Is the interest fading down there unless they are in the NC picture?

I was a little disappointed in our crowd last night. A 95% filled stadium ain't bad and it was cold and thanksgiving night. I just hope we pack that sob next year with the expansion.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2013, 07:10 PM
I didn't know they were expanding that stadium. But today is the 2nd game I have watched of theirs with big obvious gaps of empty seats through out the stadium. Is the interest fading down there unless they are in the NC picture?

I was a little disappointed in our crowd last night. A 95% filled stadium ain't bad and it was cold and thanksgiving night. I just hope we pack that sob next year with the expansion.

the USM game will be the largest crowd to ever watch a college football game in Miss history., I belive the record now is heald by MSU and USM back in the 80's.

Todd4State
11-29-2013, 07:20 PM
the USM game will be the largest crowd to ever watch a college football game in Miss history., I belive the record now is heald by MSU and USM back in the 80's.

Actually it was the 1980 Egg Bowl.

Dawg61
11-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Early game the day after Thanksgiving vs a very bad Arkansas tends to leave a few seats open.

Coach34
11-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Actually it was the 1980 Egg Bowl.

I think it was the year Valley played Alcorn in Memorial- when Rice played. That was about what- 84-85?? I was there with my Dad and they couldnt have gotten 10 more people in the stadium if they had to

ScottH
11-29-2013, 07:36 PM
I think it was the year Valley played Alcorn in Memorial- when Rice played. That was about what- 84-85?? I was there with my Dad and they couldnt have gotten 10 more people in the stadium if they had to

November 1984. I went to that game.

People were sitting on the steps in the aisles.

Unbelievable crowd.

Political Hack
11-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Arkansas didn't being anyone and the students were on fall break in tiger land. there were a lot of empty seats but the 2nd half was as loud as I've ever heard it in tiger stadium.