PDA

View Full Version : 2014 starting lineup...

HoopsDawg
11-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Offense

QB: Dak
RB: J-Rob

TE: M. Johnson
WR: Rojo
Slot: Jameon
WR: D. Wilson

LT: Clausell
LG: Price/Clayborn
C: Day
RG: Malone/Beckwith
RT: J. Johnson

No real holes there. We have 4 quality guards competing for 2 spots. Need a RT to emerge. Jocquell will be there in the spring, so that's huge.

Defense

DE: Preston Smith/Coleman
DT: Chris Jones/Eulls
DT: PJ Jones/Nick James/Adams
DE: Ryan Brown/Jefferson

OLB: Wells/Jackson
MLB: McKinney/R. Brown
OLB: B. Brown

CB: Calhoun/Cox
CB: Love/Redmond
SS: Market/Arrington
FS: Hughes/Coman

Pretty legit 2 deep

The Croom Diaries
11-29-2013, 06:48 PM
I think CJ moves back to DE and Cox back to safety....assuming the talent we have at DT and CB allows them to.

cbrunt29
11-29-2013, 06:52 PM
That's a lineup capable of getting an upset or two next year.

DawgsBite34
11-29-2013, 06:52 PM
What about Kent Flowers and Jake Thomas on the o line?? Quay Evans will play in the bowl game, or he will be off his suspension anyway. More D Line depth. Ferlando Bohanna will be back at LB. Expect Dezmond Harris to play some at OLB too. Brandon Hill and Artimas Samuel back at TE. Gabe Myles, Ced Jiles, Irvin-Sills at DB. Plenty of talent and experience now coming back. Manageable schedule too, can contend for the West next year barring injuries

Todd4State
11-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Some minor tweaks.

I would use Robinson and Shumpert at RB and then work in Aeries Williams some.

One thing I would like to see us do in the off season is bulk up Griffen and Milton and move them to FB. And this may sound crazy, but if we got a JUCO FB like a Hanrahan I would not complain one bit.

I would also like to see Robert Johnson in the slot some along with Jameon, and I have hope that Morrow will continue to make progress. Morrow is not bad- but he does need to be a little bit more consistent and probably needs to add some more muscle himself.

I think that Devon Desper will continue to progress and be a solid back-up center next year before taking over for Day. Cole Carter will be in the mix at tackle, and I wouldn't be surprised if Malone is moved to tackle at some point as well.

I want to see Chris Jones move back to DE and Nick James and Quay to play more. Eulls graduated I believe.

I want us to move Cox to safety and start Love and Redmond at the CB spots. I want Calhoun on the field and maybe teaching him to play safety will make us that much better and versatile.

dawgoneyall
11-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Ross

HoopsDawg
11-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Some minor tweaks.

Eulls graduated I believe.

I want us to move Cox to safety and start Love and Redmond at the CB spots. I want Calhoun on the field and maybe teaching him to play safety will make us that much better and versatile.

Nope, Eulls has another year.

Clayborn will probably be our starting center after Day graduates.

Malone is a guard all the way.

I want Cox at S too, but if he doesn't get some work there in bowl prep, then you can put that hope to bed.

I don't see Flowers or Desper playing next year. Thomas, maybe, if they move him to RT.

RoJo will not be moved to the slot. I would like to see Ross moved there after he recovers from injury.

BankerDog
11-29-2013, 07:14 PM
I think you'll see Justin Senior compete for a tackle spot. He has really good feet.

I think Chappelle will challenge with DeRunnya for that other Split End spot.

Eulls graduated.

Arrington over Market. Possibly Cox back there and move Arrington down to LB. I was told he couldn't real well last year that's why we didn't see him much.

Bohanna is done for. Too many concussions and I hate it for him.

We have a fullback in Harrison-Gay. Had a few others transfer out after the Gator Bowl last year.

Coach34
11-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Eulls is back- only DL guy we lose is Autry

Political Hack
11-29-2013, 07:36 PM
sign a Juco kicker. please.

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2013, 07:39 PM
If we can get James and Evans to get their heads out of their asses and work up to their ability level, our defense could be down right nasty next year.

MarketingBully01
11-29-2013, 07:54 PM
With the way the schedule sets up next year, we could have a shot at a BCS bowl. I know it sounds far fetched but if we can win that LSU game we could possibly have 10 wins going into the Egg Bowl.

BankerDog
11-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Don't forget about Tolando Cleveland. He came in for Redmond when he got hurt and had a huge pass break-up on Moncrief the very next play.