PDA

View Full Version : Football - why I ultimately believe in Arnette

Cowbell
03-17-2023, 10:08 AM
https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1578903923079139329?s=20

Somebody please embed for me. Turn the volume up. This is why I believe in Arnett. He's going to make some mistakes, But we finally have a coach that brings the fire, the intensity, the passion. And it bleeds through his players. If you can't feel it watching this, you never had one of these kind of men coaching you while you were younger. It makes me want to suit back up.

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 10:16 AM
Great post and i agree.

Leroy Jenkins
03-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Quick Arnett story: It was late January/early February and CZA was on a HS visit just hanging out with the coaches. Unbeknownst to Arnett they were having a little get-together/pizza party thing that day. The pizza arrives and the coaches send some football players out to the delivery guy, to help him bring in 40-50 pizzas. Arnett gets up from his seat and says, (paraphrasing) "hey I'm not doing anything I'll help". Goes out and helps the guys bring in stacks of pizza. Jokingly, the comment was made "highest paid pizza delivery guy in the state (probably on earth)". I cant name very many SEC HC's who would do that, organically, without it being disingenuous and fake. The guy honestly doesn't know that he is a big deal now.

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 11:10 AM
Quick Arnett story: It was late January/early February and CZA was on a HS visit just hanging out with the coaches. Unbeknownst to Arnett they were having a little get-together/pizza party thing that day. The pizza arrives and the coaches send some football players out to the delivery guy, to help him bring in 40-50 pizzas. Arnett gets up from his seat and says, (paraphrasing) "hey I'm not doing anything I'll help". Goes out and helps the guys bring in stacks of pizza. Jokingly, the comment was made "highest paid pizza delivery guy in the state (probably on earth)". I cant name very many SEC HC's who would do that, organically, without it being disingenuous and fake. The guy honestly doesn't know that he is a big deal now.

Work ethic, humble, loves what he's doing and driven. Yeah I think ol Zach gonna be just fine.

Cowbell
03-17-2023, 11:31 AM

Arnette probably realizes he's a big deal but doesn't like it and will probably go out of his way not to be that way. That's an awesome story and thanks for sharing.

Coursesuper
03-17-2023, 12:13 PM

Somebody please embed for me. Turn the volume up. This is why I believe in Arnette. He's going to make some mistakes, But we finally have a coach that brings the fire, the intensity, the passion. And it bleeds through his players. If you can't feel it watching this, you never had one of these kind of men coaching you while you were younger. It makes me want to suit back up.

There are some things that are going to happen that I think a lot of y'all will like very much. Bringing back a few things from the past.

BHildreth3
03-17-2023, 12:15 PM

Somebody please embed for me. Turn the volume up. This is why I believe in Arnette. He's going to make some mistakes, But we finally have a coach that brings the fire, the intensity, the passion. And it bleeds through his players. If you can't feel it watching this, you never had one of these kind of men coaching you while you were younger. It makes me want to suit back up.

Wait, who is Arnette? Do you mean our coach, Arnett?

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 12:22 PM
There are some things that are going to happen that I think a lot of y'all will like very much. Bringing back a few things from the past.

That's good to hear. I love the guys energy!

Cowbell
03-17-2023, 12:43 PM

Arnette is my nickname for him*

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 04:45 PM

He really is one of us. Had conversations with him myself at clinics, just me and him for 15-20 mins. More detailed than just about any other coach I have met. Im a Arnett guy. 22 was his best year yet, partly bc the safeties group was just better and the fact that he coached them, it made him tweak a little bit realizing what we asked them to do in 20 and 21 was good on paper but really hard on the field

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 04:59 PM
He really is one of us. Had conversations with him myself at clinics, just me and him for 15-20 mins. More detailed than just about any other coach I have met. Im a Arnett guy. 22 was his best year yet, partly bc the safeties group was just better and the fact that he coached them, it made him tweak a little bit realizing what we asked them to do in 20 and 21 was good on paper but really hard on the field

I appreciate your take on this because you know this stuff better than most of us.

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 05:06 PM
I appreciate your take on this because you know this stuff better than most of us.

It ain?t about me brotha but I appreciate that. If Arnett fails it won?t be bc he doesn?t work hard for us and go the extra mile.

Homedawg
03-17-2023, 05:28 PM
It ain?t about me brotha but I appreciate that. If Arnett fails it won?t be bc he doesn?t work hard for us and go the extra mile.

Perfectly said

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 05:35 PM

Good stuff!

HeCannotGo
03-17-2023, 07:41 PM

Arnett isn't officially our head coach until our fans start adding an "s" to his name. See, e.g., Crooms, Sylvester and Mullins, Dan.

Dawgface
03-18-2023, 04:45 PM
He's got me pretty fired up about football and it takes a lot to fire me up. After all....I'm a geezer.

TheLostDawg
03-18-2023, 07:08 PM

They putting boobie on the road recruiting?

Cowbell
03-18-2023, 07:35 PM

Man that guy is a dawg fo life

Coursesuper
03-18-2023, 07:37 PM

Sadly no, but I really like what?s coming.

Commercecomet24
03-18-2023, 07:38 PM
He's got me pretty fired up about football and it takes a lot to fire me up. After all....I'm a geezer.

Right there with ya!

Cowbell
03-18-2023, 07:42 PM
Sadly no, but I really like what?s coming.

If you got some good info, we could use it today man lol

SpaceBully
03-18-2023, 08:57 PM
Don't know much at all about Zach other than the time he has spent here. I will always do what I've always done. Buy my tickets. Go to all the games that I can. Cheer for the team. And see for myself what kind of football team we have. Then I'll know.