PDA

View Full Version : Hujsak-Downs-Mershon

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 08:58 AM
Have to play 3B, Alford has had plenty of time

Leroy Jenkins
03-17-2023, 09:05 AM
I have a longer leash with hitters than most, but we are rapidly approaching the limit to "let him play through it ".

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 09:09 AM
Alford should be the guy. Just hasnt. Not trying to be overly negative but it just kinda personifies our problems we have had, looks good but for one reason or the other not up to the standard

MetEdDawg
03-17-2023, 10:04 AM
Alford'a fielding percentage as of the other day was .760.

You aren't going to play for Lemonis if you can't complete a defensive play 1 out of every 4 chances.

At 3B that's a guaranteed error once a game.

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 10:20 AM
I would really love to see Hujsak get a chance at third. He's played SS for the last 3 years and wasn't great defensively but heck it really can't be much worse than Alford and Mershon have been and the guy seems to make a play everytime we use him. He's got tons of power and speed. Give him a shot.

HoopsDawg
03-17-2023, 10:33 AM
I would really love to see Hujsak get a chance at third. He's played SS for the last 3 years and wasn't great defensively but heck it really can't be much worse than Alford and Mershon have been and the guy seems to make a play everytime we use him. He's got tons of power and speed. Give him a shot.

Absolutely. I'd love to get his bat in the lineup.

KOdawg1
03-17-2023, 10:47 AM
Yeah I know conference play is here, but Hujsak needs a chance at 3B. He had a bunch of errors at VCU, but like CC said, it can't get much worse. But he's gonna hit, which Alford isn't doing

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 10:58 AM
Yeah I know conference play is here, but Hujsak needs a chance at 3B. He had a bunch of errors at VCU, but like CC said, it can't get much worse. But he's gonna hit, which Alford isn't doing

Yeah we're getting an error a game at 3B anyways might as well put a guy in there that can hit and run.

ETA and for a guy that has been a starter his whole career and has 20 hrs and 26 sbs, he hasn't pouted and seems to have a great attitude and energy and just makes plays when we use him(hits, hrs, sb, threw out runner at the plate). I love the fact he's seems like a cheerleader when he's not playing and he's ready to go every time we need him.

Homedawg
03-17-2023, 11:03 AM
Have to play 3B, Alford has had plenty of time

The first two can't play a better third or even close to Alford. Mershon has had his struggles as well. I'm sure Mershon will get some time there though.

Leroy Jenkins
03-17-2023, 11:12 AM
Yeah we're getting an error a game at 3B anyways might as well put a guy in there that can hit and run.

ETA and for a guy that has been a starter his whole career and has 20 hrs and 26 sbs, he hasn't pouted and seems to have a great attitude and energy and just makes plays when we use him(hits, hrs, sb, threw out runner at the plate). I love the fact he's seems like a cheerleader when he's not playing and he's ready to go every time we need him.

No matter how much loyalty you have, you have to reward this with PT. He's forcing your hand at this point.

NWADAWG
03-17-2023, 11:20 AM

How do you pronounce his name?

It looks like it would be pronounced huge sack and that would have to go on an all names list.

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 11:23 AM
How do you pronounce his name?

It looks like it would be pronounced huge sack and that would have to go on an all names list.

The best I can tell it is prounounced highshack

Leroy Jenkins
03-17-2023, 11:27 AM
Hi Zack

The one that gets me is "eye-ta-ma"

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 11:34 AM
Hi Zack

The one that gets me is "eye-ta-ma"

I never get Yntema name prounced right! I think you're right to that it is hizack, i think, lol

Heck add in Jurrangelo and we've got some serious pronounciation challenges.

Saltydog
03-17-2023, 03:02 PM
Mershon has been booting the ball around too so there's that......

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 04:41 PM
One of them has to do one or the other well. You cant play someone who is bad at both. I like Mershon a lot I think he is a gamer. Cody brown type

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 05:05 PM
We are starting Alford tonight.

Commercecomet24
03-17-2023, 05:21 PM
Alford is very talented and could be huge help for us but he's gotta start getting it together.

msstate7
03-17-2023, 05:45 PM
This is approaching a start for the ages... not in a good way

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 05:46 PM
This may be the coldest weather Jurrangelo has ever been in his life

RockyDog
03-17-2023, 05:46 PM
Club ball team still worst in the SEC

State82
03-17-2023, 06:18 PM

Time to can this shtick. Enough already.

Bothrops
03-17-2023, 09:00 PM

And we've improved

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 09:02 PM
Time to can this shtick. Enough already.

We are in fact the worst team in the SEC for about 2 years now

State82
03-17-2023, 09:15 PM
We are in fact the worst team in the SEC for about 2 years now
I'm talking about the "club ball" bullshit. That's some of the dumbest shit I've seen. If it was "club ball" then NOBODY would even know it existed. That's just dumb as hell. But, I shouldn't be surprised.

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 09:21 PM
I'm talking about the "club ball" bullshit. That's some of the dumbest shit I've seen. If it was "club ball" then NOBODY would even know it existed. That's just dumb as hell. But, I shouldn't be surprised.

Oh well yeah that is just stupid. I didnt get that part. I agree with you

State82
03-17-2023, 09:41 PM
Oh well yeah that is just stupid. I didnt get that part. I agree with you
Yeah I know we are worst in the league right now. But, I think you would agree that this club sport bullshit that several people like to throw around is just that. Trolling bullshit. What I would like to know is, if it is a "club sport", then why are these yahoos posting on a baseball thread?

Lord McBuckethead
03-19-2023, 05:44 AM
Highsack is I think how you pronounce it.