PDA

View Full Version : Colby Holcombe

Todd4State
03-16-2023, 12:32 AM
Since no one has said it- and I feel like I should after watching us in Biloxi and eating way too much seafood for my own good- anyone else think he should be considered for one of the weekend spots? Like the Sunday spot?

We could go Loo Fri, Gartman Sat, and Holcombe Sun.

That would allow us to ease Cade back in by starting him midweek. Also, KC Hunt coming back strong out of the pen helps with this IMO.

I thought Holcombe looked really good as a starter tonight. And ULL is no slouch. He threw 57 pitches tonight. I could see him doing something similar on Sunday pitch count wise and then maybe stretch him out from there.

TNDawg35
03-16-2023, 01:17 AM
I thought he was fantastic. Yea, I would also try him in the rotation. Give him the Sat or Sunday spot, but I would also have Dohm in there, but that’s just me.

KB21
03-16-2023, 02:24 AM
I thought he was fantastic. Yea, I would also try him in the rotation. Give him the Sat or Sunday spot, but I would also have Dohm in there, but that’s just me.

Agree with this. Dohm and Holcombe have your prototype arms for SEC Friday and Saturday rotation spots.

AlSwearengen
03-16-2023, 07:22 AM
He surprised me and looked really good. That said, I need to see it for several starts before I trust him. We have been thru this song and dance too many times.

IngomarDawg
03-16-2023, 08:57 AM
What is wrong with Cade? Know it was said he was sick during his last start. Been on vacation the last week, so I haven't heard anything since then.

basedog
03-16-2023, 09:30 AM
I'm all for whoever the best 3 weekend starters prove to be. Last few years has been tough on our rotation.

confucius say
03-16-2023, 09:38 AM
Cade
Pico
Nixon
Stinnett

Any of them not expected back by April 1?

magrooder
03-16-2023, 09:39 AM
He certainly looked good last night. Some guys are just better suited to start instead of relieve.

Todd4State
03-16-2023, 01:51 PM
Cade
Pico
Nixon
Stinnett

Any of them not expected back by April 1?

Base knows more than me but Cade should be back soon. The issue with him is going to be building his stamina back up because he was dealing with an illness as opposed to an arm injury.

Nixon should be back soon but isn't quite ready.

Pico also should be back soon but I'm guessing Nixon is closer to being ready.

Stinnett is available from what I have heard but he's a meltdown waiting to happen so not sure it matters that much with him.

He certainly looked good last night. Some guys are just better suited to start instead of relieve.

Yep. I think Holcombe is better suited as a starter but he has had a lot of bad luck as a reliver for us.

R2Dawg
03-16-2023, 03:20 PM
I want to see more from Holcomb. He has looked so so in other outings this year.

Dohm is my closer and I pitch him twice likely on the weekend. Nixion comes back we got another closer or mid relief to Dohm. We get some guys back, I'm really starting to like our pitching all of a sudden.

KOdawg1
03-16-2023, 03:54 PM
I think you use Dohm, Nixon (when he's back), and Holcombe as your high leverage relievers on the weekends. None of them are Landon Sims, but between the 3 of them, we can get that production.

Cooterpoot
03-16-2023, 03:58 PM
One good midweek outing doesn't equal a rotation spot. Show me more and then we can talk.

Todd4State
03-16-2023, 04:56 PM
One good midweek outing doesn't equal a rotation spot. Show me more and then we can talk.

I mean we're starting Graham Ynetema this weekend.

Cowbell
03-16-2023, 05:29 PM
I mean we're starting Graham Ynetema this weekend.

I mean he's had some positive starts