PDA

View Full Version : Hevesy

Bo Darville
04-21-2013, 02:16 PM
What is the story on Hevesy? I know he and Mullen are tight. I know that he cusses a lot. I know the story about he and Deon Mix getting crossed-up. So there is no need to rehash all of that.

Is this guy an asset or a liability? Good coach? Good recruiter? Good judge of talent? Does he get along with other coaches? Just curious what everyone thinks.

Requiem For A Dawg
04-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Terrible recruiter. Doesn't appear to be an overly impressive coach

slickdawg
04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
He's ok as a coach. When he's had talent, he's done pretty well. Our OL is going to be pretty strong this year, one of the best we've had in the Mullen Era. Clausell has developed very well, Jackson is All American this year I think, Day is doing great, Tobias developed very well under him, Malone looked good yesterday, Siddoway looked good at times yesterday. I think Sid had a couple pre-snap penalties. There was one series we ended up first and 30 because of it. Then (Jrob??) got it all back on the next play.

PendingTransaction
04-21-2013, 03:49 PM
He should have been on the train....Chris departed on the mid-night one to GA. Hevesy should have been on the 11:00.

Coach34
04-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Hevesy is a good coach who is one of our ass-chewers on staff. Have to have these types. But he is not Mr. Personality and not a great recruiter by any means.

Truth be known, alot of OL coaches suck at recruiting for the most part- not really that big of a deal.

Homedawg
04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
I get amused by this. We were second in the league in fewest sacks given up.....WITH a QB who, everyone will agree holds the ball too long. Our running game wasn't great but wasn't poor either. So to compare him with the job Wilson did w 2 top 2-3rd corners is pretty absurd. A recruiting guru he's not I'd agree.

Political Hack
04-21-2013, 05:00 PM
he won't shut up on gameday in the headsets and screws up our offensive rhythm. People think it's a Les and CDM issue, and some of it probably is, but I've heard from multiple people that Hev bitches about the calls constantly and is always disrupting the play calling scheme. He also hates recruiting.

All that said, he's a good OL coach and will bust his guys' asses when needed. He's the type of on the field guy you want during practice, but he obviously has areas he needs to improve. I think we'll see some changes with him this year though.

Bo Darville
04-21-2013, 05:19 PM
What about evaluation? We hit gold with Justin Malone and Dillon Day. Nobody wanted them but they have been solid. We missed with Lawson, Nick Redmond, and Daniel Knox. Jury is out on Damien Robinson and Archie Muniz. I'm hearing good things about Desper. I do think OL is one of the tougher positions to evaluate.

hailmari
04-21-2013, 05:30 PM
What is the story on Lawson? Dude has the build and IQ for it. Desire? Injuries?

Political Hack
04-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Agree on Day and Malone, but every fan on the message board was saying to offer Day by the time they pulled the trigger. The hold up was an eligibility/grades issue if I remember, but they were also worried about his weight. Couldn't keep on the lbs.

Homedawg
04-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Lawson was a throw in to get Robinson. Clearly at this point that was a bad combo deal. Robinson has looked much better this spring. Confidence way up. Lets hope.

PendingTransaction
04-21-2013, 08:17 PM
I get amused by this. We were second in the league in fewest sacks given up.....WITH a QB who, everyone will agree holds the ball too long. Our running game wasn't great but wasn't poor either. So to compare him with the job Wilson did w 2 top 2-3rd corners is pretty absurd. A recruiting guru he's not I'd agree.

...and could run block mississippi who had a defensive line made up of safeties and line backers. Two first round corners could help our D last season with the front seven we had.

Homedawg
04-21-2013, 08:51 PM
...and could run block mississippi who had a defensive line made up of safeties and line backers. Two first round corners could help our D last season with the front seven we had.

Huh? I'm not sure what you mean. But considering you want him fired maybe you should add some conjunctions in your post. 2 first round rd corners "couldn't" help our front seven? Is that what you meant? Well if so, then try blitzing instead of sitting on your ass all year. And I'm not talking about one game. I'm talking about an entire year. We got our ass handed to us by everyone on the schedule and best excuse we can come up w is we have a hard time against teams that play fast. Well thanks, it's 2013 and that's what people do! Wilson thanks you for your endorsement though!

Homedawg
04-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Too add, maybe our entire offensive staff did a poor job against the Rebs, bc they sold out against the run. Tough for 5 to block 8. Matter of fact, they did the same against Bama and Bama had their worst rushing game of the year. Bama, however, beat them throwing, which we couldn't do. Or didn't.

Homedawg
04-21-2013, 08:57 PM
If your take on disliking Hevesy is bc he doesn't recruit well or he is an asshole in your eyes, great. To each his own. But to say he can't coach, well, your wrong. I backed my opinion up w stats (second in fewest sacks given up)and gave the misgivings we had(avg running attack, which I don't think is all on the ol, too few to block too many )- now back yours up.