PDA

View Full Version : Beard it is.... A new low for UM

ScoobaDawg
03-13-2023, 11:20 AM
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35849900/sources-ole-miss-closing-agreement-chris-beard

Jans has his hands full now even more.

msstate7
03-13-2023, 11:31 AM
Strictly looking at it from a basketball perspective, they have the top or 2nd best coach in the sec now imo. Damn.

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2023, 11:36 AM
You guys do realize that without that BGSU stuff Jans would be thought of just like Beard right? Like I said the other day, this will make kicking their ass twice next year all the more sweeter. We just made the tourney with no shooters and a team that is DEAD FN LAST in team 3 pt pct. Give Jans a shooter and we are going to be a rolling ball of butcher knives for years to come.

Jans>Beard

William Tecumsah Sherman
03-13-2023, 11:43 AM
Beard is a hell of a coach. But so is Jans. Let the games begin.

msstate7
03-13-2023, 11:44 AM
Maybe. Beard is quite good though... 3 different programs to the round of 32 in 8-year Div 1 career. Obviously even farther at TT.

I like our coach, but I don't see how you can say he's better at this point. Jans certainly is good though

msstate7
03-13-2023, 11:46 AM
Think beard really leans on transfer portal to build, so hopefully him being a new program and his behavior will hurt him getting big names this cycle

Leroy Jenkins
03-13-2023, 11:48 AM
How well does this go over with mama?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrHD_8HXgAE7rAH?format=jpg&name=small

Lord McBuckethead
03-13-2023, 11:52 AM
You guys do realize that without that BGSU stuff Jans would be thought of just like Beard right? Like I said the other day, this will make kicking their ass twice next year all the more sweeter. We just made the tourney with no shooters and a team that is DEAD FN LAST in team 3 pt pct. Give Jans a shooter and we are going to be a rolling ball of butcher knives for years to come.

Jans>Beard

Agreed. If we had Hubbard this year, we would be a 4 seed or better.

662dawg
03-13-2023, 11:53 AM
I don't understand the Beard love. His first year at Texas he had 3 all big 12 players & one all A10 player transfer in & they went 22-12. That was after he had two very mediocre seasons at Texas Tech. Ole Miss won't even come close to getting that same caliber of talent.

msstate7
03-13-2023, 11:58 AM
How well does this go over with mama?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrHD_8HXgAE7rAH?format=jpg&name=small

Hopefully not well. Every coach will hammer him on it for sure

662dawg
03-13-2023, 12:00 PM
Anyways half of my prediction so far has come true. Let's see if Hubbard recommits to them at 1. I hope my prediction is wrong.

I had a strong gut feeling that this was their play. Announce Beard in the morning & Hubbard at 1. That'll make them feel like the momentum is back with their shatty program. We'll see.

Leroy Jenkins
03-13-2023, 12:05 PM
Anyways half of my prediction so far has come true. Let's see if Hubbard recommits to them at 1. I hope my prediction is wrong.

I had a strong gut feeling that this was their play. Announce Beard in the morning & Hubbard at 1. That'll make them feel like the momentum is back with their shatty program. We'll see.

Meanwhile, we are in postseason play....

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2023, 12:10 PM

If he does, he does. Josh Hubbard is not the end all be all. He is a very good player who can help us, but if we fail to get him we will get a transfer who has done it at the collegiate level.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-13-2023, 12:11 PM

I don't think the reputation matters to the players or their parents that much. It might matter some to high school signees. This is because the kid is going away from home for the first time, and mama wants somebody to watch over their kid. But portal players don't care if the coach murdered someone. They are looking strictly at playing time and a coach who will showcase their talents.

PGHBulldogBG
03-13-2023, 12:20 PM
The SEC just keeps getting loaded with quality coaches. Even Stack really has Vandy trending positive now. I think the SEC teams will do fairly well in the tournament this year, but I think Purdue or Texas will win it all.

662dawg
03-13-2023, 12:27 PM
If he does, he does. Josh Hubbard is not the end all be all. He is a very good player who can help us, but if we fail to get him we will get a transfer who has done it at the collegiate level.

Agree

SmokeyDawg
03-13-2023, 12:56 PM
Just check your baggage at the door.

662dawg
03-13-2023, 01:02 PM

I was half wrong. I'll gladly take it 😜

Commercecomet24
03-13-2023, 01:07 PM
They get beard we get Hubbard, I'll take it!

LC Dawg
03-13-2023, 01:48 PM
I admittingly don't know much about Beard. I've seen his record and he's obviously won but his longest stint was at Texas Tech and it looks like they won big in years 2 and 3 and then trended down some. His one full year at Texas they were ranked #5 preseason and finished 25. The Little Rock year is pretty impressive.
I see quite a few people putting him high on coaching lists. I'm just curious why some of you guys on here think so highly of him. Like I said, my knowledge is limited and he may be the greatest coach in basketball. I just don't know that much about him and took a look at his record which is very good but didn't necessarily scream great.

662dawg
03-13-2023, 02:07 PM
I admittingly don't know much about Beard. I've seen his record and he's obviously won but his longest stint was at Texas Tech and it looks like they won big in years 2 and 3 and then trended down some. His one full year at Texas they were ranked #5 preseason and finished 25. The Little Rock year is pretty impressive.
I see quite a few people putting him high on coaching lists. I'm just curious why some of you guys on here think so highly of him. Like I said, my knowledge is limited and he may be the greatest coach in basketball. I just don't know that much about him and took a look at his record which is very good but didn't necessarily scream great.

You're not wrong. I don't understand it myself. His last two years at Tech was mediocre & his first year at Texas he inherited 3 all big 12 & 1 all A10 player. That's why they were so highly regarded that preseason & he went 22-12. Had Jans had that type of roster at State this year man oh man.

smootness
03-13-2023, 03:34 PM
I don't understand the Beard love. His first year at Texas he had 3 all big 12 players & one all A10 player transfer in & they went 22-12. That was after he had two very mediocre seasons at Texas Tech. Ole Miss won't even come close to getting that same caliber of talent.

Those two ‘very mediocre seasons’ he had them projected to be in the Tourney in 2020 and a ranked 6 seed in 2021. Then Texas was a 6 last year before being ranked #2 when he was suspended this year. All signs point to him being a great coach to this point.

662dawg
03-13-2023, 05:01 PM
Those two ‘very mediocre seasons’ he had them projected to be in the Tourney in 2020 and a ranked 6 seed in 2021. Then Texas was a 6 last year before being ranked #2 when he was suspended this year. All signs point to him being a great coach to this point.

It doesn't change the fact that they were talented yet very mediocre. In fact the Texas team was super talented, hence the preseason top 5 ranking. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, bc he's not, but he isn't Bill Self or Roy Williams or even a top 10 coach in college basketball. He's also about to coach a lot less talent than he's ever had. We'll see.

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2023, 06:35 PM
He has also never recruited during the NIL era with MASSIVE advantages. Texas’ NIL war chest is Top 5. He now goes to OM where Lane had to threaten to leave to get them to pony up addt NIL funds on top of the ones they were already giving to football and baseball.

We will get to see how truly good of a coach and recruiter he is in the next 12 months.

Mjoelner34
03-13-2023, 06:47 PM
He has also never recruited during the NIL era with MASSIVE advantages. Texas’ NIL war chest is Top 5. He now goes to OM where Lane had to threaten to leave to get them to pony up addt NIL funds on top of the ones they were already giving to football and baseball.

We will get to see how truly good of a coach and recruiter he is in the next 12 months.

He could probably drag in some NIL money doing promos for Mugshots.

Leroy Jenkins
03-13-2023, 07:41 PM
Are you saying he's going to have to punch, kick, and claw his way to choking money out of them?

Tripp McNeely
03-13-2023, 08:09 PM
Are you saying he's going to have to punch, kick, and claw his way to choking money out of them?

Well done!

TrapGame
03-13-2023, 08:23 PM
**** Beard and **** ole miss.

That is all.

662dawg
03-13-2023, 08:35 PM

Also when he's won big it was with other coaches recruits. Once his guys started getting in at Tech they became mediocre. Then took over a extremely talented Texas team & was only mediocre with them as well.

Poor Jans, albeit mostly another coaches recruits as well, had to take over a team of brick layers & done a terrific job given the circumstances. We will probably know exactly what we have in Jans by year 3. Beard will probably be their next Kennedy which isn't terrible at all. I certainly believe he'll be better than Kermit but he'll have to do it with lesser talent than he's used to coaching.

Todd4State
03-13-2023, 08:53 PM
The crazy thing is this.

They got him and of course it's going to work out great for them.

It would be nice if one of these redemption stories- which is how they're going to frame it- blows up in their face.

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2023, 09:02 PM
The crazy thing is this.

It would be nice if one of these redemption stories- which is how they're going to frame it- blows up in their face.

Yep, putting a guy with violent tendencies when he drinks in Oxford, MS. No way this could go wrong and blow up in their faces***

662dawg
03-13-2023, 09:03 PM
The crazy thing is this.

I dunno man. There's a really good chance his history makes it very hard to recruit to a place recruits aren't thrilled about in the first place.

smootness
03-13-2023, 09:51 PM
It doesn't change the fact that they were talented yet very mediocre. In fact the Texas team was super talented, hence the preseason top 5 ranking. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, bc he's not, but he isn't Bill Self or Roy Williams or even a top 10 coach in college basketball. He's also about to coach a lot less talent than he's ever had. We'll see.

My point is, those teams weren't all 'very mediocre' at all. There are plenty of people who would say he's a top 10 coach in the sport right now.

662dawg
03-13-2023, 09:58 PM
My point is, those teams weren't all 'very mediocre' at all. There are plenty of people who would say he's a top 10 coach in the sport right now.

His last 3 full seasons he averaged a 19-12 record with tremendous talent. Hardly a top 10 coach. He's obviously a good coach but he isn't anywhere near top 10. I just don't see it. Btw I'm also a Longhorn fan & was never overly excited about him. They had a really talented squad last year that underachieved.

smootness
03-13-2023, 10:15 PM
His last 3 full seasons he averaged a 19-12 record with tremendous talent. Hardly a top 10 coach. He's obviously a good coach but he isn't anywhere near top 10. I just don't see it. Btw I'm also a Longhorn fan & was never overly excited about him. They had a really talented squad last year that underachieved.

2 of those 3 teams were ranked. If you're trying to argue that is 'very mediocre' or somehow incredibly disappointing, then ok. The Big 12 has been easily the best basketball conference in the country for the last several years.

And if you're actually a Texas fan and weren't excited about where Beard clearly had the program headed this year (which they have continued without him), then you seem quite hard to please.

SailingDawg
03-13-2023, 11:04 PM
Probably wasted all their NIL money paying off the accuser.

662dawg
03-13-2023, 11:05 PM
2 of those 3 teams were ranked. If you're trying to argue that is 'very mediocre' or somehow incredibly disappointing, then ok. The Big 12 has been easily the best basketball conference in the country for the last several years.

And if you're actually a Texas fan and weren't excited about where Beard clearly had the program headed this year (which they have continued without him), then you seem quite hard to please.

I felt it was a good hire at the time. I was disappointed after his first year & was hoping for a better second season. When he underachieved with Texas's roster last year & Texas Tech went 27-10, played in the Big 12 championship game & made a sweet 16 it kinda of tempered most of the excitement of the hire. He's a good coach but it's just silly to put him anywhere near the top 10 in college basketball. I expect he may give them similar results as Andy Kennedy which isn't awful for Ole Miss basketball.

smootness
03-13-2023, 11:20 PM
I felt it was a good hire at the time. I was disappointed after his first year & was hoping for a better second season. When he underachieved with Texas's roster last year & Texas Tech went 27-10, played in the Big 12 championship game & made a sweet 16 it kinda of tempered most of the excitement of the hire. He's a good coach but it's just silly to put him anywhere near the top 10 in college basketball. I expect he may give them similar results as Andy Kennedy which isn't awful for Ole Miss basketball.

I don't know why that would be considered silly. You may not agree, but pretending there's no case for it seems ludicrous. What he did in one year at Little Rock was amazing, he had Texas Tech in consecutive Elite 8's and a national title game, and even these 'very disappointing' seasons you point to he had his teams ranked. And you may have been a little disappointed in last year...but take a look at the team he built for year TWO at Texas. It took all of two years for him to have a true contender. Yes, last year may have been a disappointment, but Texas was still ranked all year last year, got a 6 seed, and made the 2nd round. They had been ranked 5th to start the year, but that happens. They actually are 5th this year, so I'm not sure why you keep pointing to his first year at Texas as some sort of clear sign that he's not that great.

He is absolutely a better coach than Andy Kennedy. That's crazy.

662dawg
03-14-2023, 01:04 AM
I don't know why that would be considered silly. You may not agree, but pretending there's no case for it seems ludicrous. What he did in one year at Little Rock was amazing, he had Texas Tech in consecutive Elite 8's and a national title game, and even these 'very disappointing' seasons you point to he had his teams ranked. And you may have been a little disappointed in last year...but take a look at the team he built for year TWO at Texas. It took all of two years for him to have a true contender. Yes, last year may have been a disappointment, but Texas was still ranked all year last year, got a 6 seed, and made the 2nd round. They had been ranked 5th to start the year, but that happens. They actually are 5th this year, so I'm not sure why you keep pointing to his first year at Texas as some sort of clear sign that he's not that great.

But he should have won big instantly with the roster he was left with that finished #9 in the country the year prior & returned essentially the entire roster including 3 all big 12 players & added an all A10 player who transferred in. I would have loved for Jans to had that roster this year lol. Not to mention they were in every top 5 preseason poll.

smootness
03-14-2023, 11:52 AM
But he should have won big instantly with the roster he was left with that finished #9 in the country the year prior & returned essentially the entire roster including 3 all big 12 players & added an all A10 player who transferred in. I would have loved for Jans to had that roster this year lol. Not to mention they were in every top 5 preseason poll.

? They lost 4 of their top 6 scorers from the previous year, 3 of whom were drafted. You sure you're a Texas fan?

Their top 2, 4 of their top 6, and 5 of their top 8 scorers last year were new transfers in. That team looked entirely different from the previous team. And anytime that is the case, you never know quite what you have or how quickly things will gel. The preseason projection was a guess and the team didn't end up being that strong. It was one year, his first year at a new program, and he still ended the year ranked. It wasn't some catastrophic result. Even the best coaches have years like that.

msstate7
03-14-2023, 12:05 PM
Beard is an outstanding coach, and the only reason OM had a shot at him is bc he's a moron. Hopefully beard will sabotage his own career, or he rehabs his image a year before being stolen away

confucius say
03-14-2023, 12:35 PM

Hiring Bears sealed Hubbard for State. When the family learned it was Beard last week, it was over.

confucius say
03-14-2023, 12:48 PM
3 pages and not a post yet about what a piece of crap he is. DV is an epidemic in this country and OM doing this is just emblematic of why: nobody cares and it gets swept under the rug.

There should be a women's protest on the plantation today. But I bet the hard questions won't even get asked.

ScoobaDawg
03-14-2023, 12:59 PM
3 pages and not a post yet about what a piece of crap he is. DV is an epidemic in this country and OM doing this is just emblematic of why: nobody cares and it gets swept under the rug.

There should be a women's protest on the plantation today. But I bet the hard questions won't even get asked.

Exactly. It's a sad day that what happened can just be covered up.

StarkVegasSteve
03-14-2023, 01:06 PM

Nothing will be asked. David Johnson literally came out and said that last week that their media would not have anything negative to say about Beard. It is sad because you have to draw the line somewhere. I am by no means a perfect moral compass because I have often said that media s***storm be damned if a coach wins you hire him. I draw the line before DV though. You do not lay your hands on a woman as man. PERIOD. End of discussion. There is never a scenario where it is acceptable.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2023, 01:12 PM
Hiring Bears sealed Hubbard for State. When the family learned it was Beard last week, it was over.

Exactly what I heard and we've got him a pretty good deal in place too, but family not a fan of beard

Commercecomet24
03-14-2023, 01:13 PM

Beards a complete scumbag and he's going to a cesspool to Coach so he'll fit right in.

TrapGame
03-14-2023, 01:28 PM

If ole miss covers up anything about future DV issues with him in oxford like he's Marshall Henderson or MGK they should be sued back to the Stone Age. And we all know they are more than capable of doing it. If Beards gets them dancing regularly they will sell daughters and cut their own throats to keep him.

Leroy Jenkins
03-14-2023, 01:43 PM
Wokeness failed on this one. Where is the moral outrage and Pearl clutching when it's actually warranted?

Johnson85
03-14-2023, 01:56 PM
If ole miss covers up anything about future DV issues with him in oxford like he's Marshall Henderson or MGK they should be sued back to the Stone Age. And we all know they are more than capable of doing it. If Beards gets them dancing regularly they will sell daughters and cut their own throats to keep him.

Sued for what?

For better or worse, at this point, anybody that is involved with him romantically is going to have to go into it with open eyes. If they roll the dice on that, unless Ole Miss is doing something insane like trying to intimidate victims from coming forward, I don't think that's Ole Miss's problem.

Johnson85
03-14-2023, 01:58 PM

He seems somewhat like a rich man's version of Kiffin prior to Kiffin coming to Ole Miss. Really promising signs so far. Some question as to whether he can maintain a program because he hasn't been in one place long, but not as big because he's already succeeded in a tough conference and he doesn't have the prior record of failure before seemingly figuring things out.

TrapGame
03-14-2023, 02:15 PM
Sued for what?

For better or worse, at this point, anybody that is involved with him romantically is going to have to go into it with open eyes. If they roll the dice on that, unless Ole Miss is doing something insane like trying to intimidate victims from coming forward, I don't think that's Ole Miss's problem.

I meant prosecuted. Covering up domestic abuse will make those coot for croots rumors look like a co-ed mixer at the Baptist Student Union.

Leroy Jenkins
03-14-2023, 02:58 PM
I meant prosecuted. Covering up domestic abuse will make those coot for croots rumors look like a co-ed mixer at the Baptist Student Union.

I hate you for coming up with this before I could.

Activated Alpha
03-14-2023, 03:04 PM
Nothing will be asked. David Johnson literally came out and said that last week that their media would not have anything negative to say about Beard. It is sad because you have to draw the line somewhere. I am by no means a perfect moral compass because I have often said that media s***storm be damned if a coach wins you hire him. I draw the line before DV though. You do not lay your hands on a woman as man. PERIOD. End of discussion. There is never a scenario where it is acceptable.

Let's not go that far now. DV goes both ways and I'll teach my sons to always remove themselves from a situation, but if they absolutely cannot and it is to the point of defending themselves, then gender equality goes out the window....

Goldendawg
03-14-2023, 03:38 PM

PR photos released from OM show him with teenage looking daughters from previous relationship. His recent fiance is no where in $ight. Nationwide articles stating many SEC coaches not happy with hire. Bet that doesn't include Oats, Pearl, Jimbo, Petrino, etc.

Goldendawg
03-14-2023, 03:48 PM
Beards a complete scumbag and he's going to a cesspool to Coach so he'll fit right in.

Told an OM friend at church Sunday, Grove in old testament, pagan place of worship. OM has a Grove. Coincidence, I don't think so!**. He hates it when I tell him this. That OM would hire a coach with recent DV arrest, even though fiance conveniently dropped charge$ is pitiful.

Goldendawg
03-14-2023, 03:52 PM
Wokeness failed on this one. Where is the moral outrage and Pearl clutching when it's actually warranted?

"Pearl clutching" is at Auburn, along with Freeze, another current "win at all costs" scum program. SEC programs racing to the bottom in several low life categories.

Ari Gold
03-14-2023, 04:00 PM
Fear the Beard takes on a whole new meaning.

The chicks bruises haven?t even healed yet...

CaptainObvious
03-14-2023, 05:50 PM
Heck. I was listing to his intro speech in Finebaum on the way home, and I?d run through a wall for that SOB. After they speech,,he should have 13 5 star schollies and 25 4 star Walkons sittting in the bench next year. Crap. Jans should go ask if he can be his basketball washer for after practice!

Seriously, why in hades would a SEC or any sports network carry the dang introduction speech of any coach when there are 13 other conference schools with some sort of sports news going on.

He said he is there to win championships just like every coach who took a job has said more then once for multiple jobs. Heck. I sell RE and hope I make a $1 million this year as do each of the other 155 agents in our office and 4000 other agents in Mississippi. But it ain?t possible cause there isn?t enough talent for Ole Miss and there aren?t enough houses for all 4000 agents to earn a million each this year.

My opening speech as a head coach:

I am here to do a job that you pay me for. I will do my best and if in 3 years we still suck, you can fire my sorry butt. See you at the Games!

QuadrupleOption
03-14-2023, 05:55 PM
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35849900/sources-ole-miss-closing-agreement-chris-beard

Jans has his hands full now even more.

Is this the part of the Ole Miss coaching cycle where everyone freaks out about how they just hired the next big unstoppable coach and now they're going to totally own us and we'll never win again and we just can't compete and they have no morals and if we don't agree with the sky-is-falling mentality then we're just a bunch of blind sheep who are too stupid to see reality only to watch again as the next savior of OM football/basketball flames out and gets run after losing to lowly MSU too many times?

*checks thread*

Yep. It seems to be that part of the cycle, alright.

msstate7
03-14-2023, 05:58 PM
Is this the part of the Ole Miss coaching cycle where everyone freaks out about how they just hired the next big unstoppable coach and now they're going to totally own us and we'll never win again and we just can't compete and they have no morals and if we don't agree with the sky-is-falling mentality then we're just a bunch of blind sheep who are too stupid to see reality only to watch again as the next savior of OM football/basketball flames out and gets run after losing to lowly MSU too many times?

*checks thread*

Yep. It seems to be that part of the cycle, alright.

He's the best basketball coach OM has ever had. They will be good as long as he's there.

Ari Gold
03-14-2023, 06:21 PM
Beard will be at WVU as soon as Huggins retires which could be after next year
What I had heard before this OM coaching job went down
He was going to go to WVa as an assistant next year and take over for Huggins in 2 years

QuadrupleOption
03-14-2023, 06:55 PM
He's the best basketball coach OM has ever had. They will be good as long as he's there.

Texas >>> Ole Miss. He?s about to find out how uncompetitive they are in basketball. He might get Andy Kennedy results. That doesn?t scare me because we got serious about trying to compete again.

Turfdawg67
03-14-2023, 06:55 PM
And Jans might be the best coach State ever had... Beard could flame out like so many "hot" coaches.

msstate7
03-14-2023, 07:20 PM
Texas >>> Ole Miss. He?s about to find out how uncompetitive they are in basketball. He might get Andy Kennedy results. That doesn?t scare me because we got serious about trying to compete again.

Are you really saying he and AK are equals?

msstate7
03-14-2023, 07:22 PM
And Jans might be the best coach State ever had... Beard could flame out like so many "hot" coaches.

I love our coach. Both teams have outstanding coaches. Not sure why state fans have a problem admitting what's the entire college basketball world's option - beard is really good

was21
03-14-2023, 07:22 PM
So he has baggage. So did Lane Kiffin. So did Jackie Sherrill....strike while the iron is hot. Buy undervalued stock.....whatever.

Turfdawg67
03-14-2023, 07:27 PM
Del

BiscuitEater
03-14-2023, 07:27 PM
Maybe. Beard is quite good though... 3 different programs to the round of 32 in 8-year Div 1 career. Obviously even farther at TT.

I like our coach, but I don't see how you can say he's better at this point. Jans certainly is good though

Jans is two for two vs OM! Can't do better!o

Turfdawg67
03-14-2023, 07:30 PM
I love our coach. Both teams have outstanding coaches. Not sure why state fans have a problem admitting what's the entire college basketball world's option - beard is really good

And we don't know why you get so amped up at every single up-and-coming coach.

Also... No mention of my new signature?!? Thumbs down... LOL

msstate7
03-14-2023, 07:33 PM
And we don't know why you get so amped up at every single up-and-coming coach.

Also... No mention of my new signature?!? Thumbs down... LOL

Haha, just noticed it. Figure you coulda found something more damning by me than that; I've said much dumber things than that

ETA... I wouldn't consider beard and up-and-coming coach. This will be his 9th year in div 1, and his 12th year as a HC

TrapGame
03-15-2023, 10:21 AM
A guy on SEC Radio this morning said Beard ain't outta woods yet with the DV incident. Although his girlfriend dropped the charges the DA still might opt to prosecute. DV laws have changed a lot over the last ten years. He was absolutely stunned ole miss hired him.

662dawg
03-15-2023, 10:56 AM

If he gets Andy Kennedy results then he would have done a pretty good job. I'm betting he doesn't come close to getting the same results before he leaves. People forget that AK had several pretty good years at OM. & Andy is winning 23-25 per year since he left. Screenshot this & I'll ban myself if I'm wrong. I predict it's gonna be a circus up there for a few years bc it's gonna be very hard to recruit players with his record & he dang sure won't ever have a 1/4 of the talent he had at Tech or Texas.

LC Dawg
03-15-2023, 07:14 PM
A guy on SEC Radio this morning said Beard ain't outta woods yet with the DV incident. Although his girlfriend dropped the charges the DA still might opt to prosecute. DV laws have changed a lot over the last ten years. He was absolutely stunned ole miss hired him.

Ole Miss has the best law school in Lafayette County so I'm sure they fully vetted him.***