PDA

View Full Version : The Embrace...

Sacrifice
11-29-2013, 04:15 PM
The hug between Dak and Dan during the post game interview was very moving and telling to me. This was no ordinary bullshit bro hug. This was like something you would see between a father and a son. At one point Mullen actually pulls his visor down over prescotts shoulder pads to cover his eyes. I think this really shows the type of family environment that is being promoted by the coaching staff and the players and if I'm a recruit I'd wanna be a part of it...

Coach34
11-29-2013, 04:27 PM
between the Bama game and now the Egg Bowl- we have made some headway in recruiting

SignalToNoise
11-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Are you hearing things?

Coach34
11-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Are you hearing things?

I havent talked to anybody behind the scenes yet about last night- just reading twitter comments and Talty's column shows we have opened some eyes.

I hate recruiting and try to avoid those conversations until December

SignalToNoise
11-29-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm the same way. I hate recruiting more than anything.

Sounds like some positives are stirring though.

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Hopefully Mullen has gained back the support of a lot of our boosters.

was21
11-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Unfortunately, some of our boosters with "means" don't know jackshit about what it takes to win in football.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2013, 07:39 PM
The hug between Dak and Dan during the post game interview was very moving and telling to me. This was no ordinary bullshit bro hug. This was like something you would see between a father and a son. At one point Mullen actually pulls his visor down over prescotts shoulder pads to cover his eyes. I think this really shows the type of family environment that is being promoted by the coaching staff and the players and if I'm a recruit I'd wanna be a part of it...

Good post, Sacrifice. This needed to be brought up. I'm almost tempted to say that the hug between Dak and Dan told me more about Dan and that he's still got it, than anything on the field. (As crazy as that sounds)

If you are a recruit or a recruit's parent...you cannot NOT like what you saw in Mullen after the game. An emotional guy whose heart was with his "family" on that field, and was overcome with emotion due to how hard they fought to pull out a W. This win was huge....not just because it gets us a bowl or because we beat ole miss...but because the heart and emotion we showed, is something that can propel us into what could be a HUGE 2014 season.

Dawg61
11-29-2013, 07:53 PM
We may have opened some eyes but I'm not expecting much more in recruiting news. We can only sign a few more this year. I do hope we get Marlon Humphrey and Dontreall Pruitt the Juco QB at EMCC that is putting up ridiculous stats, 3599 passing yards 42 tds and only 6 picks with 500+ rushing.

Btw EMCC is playing for the National Championship Dec. 8th. Can we get their coach on staff please. OC and ST with a nice salary. You gotta think he'd kill it in recruiting with what he's done at EMCC.