PDA

View Full Version : Foxhall- Gotta Give Credit

Todd4State
03-12-2023, 12:25 AM
He managed today pretty well. And the weekend for that matter.

Loo is our best guy. We need to keep him on Friday. May melt down later in the year but it is what it is. Good move to use Siary and get him some work- same with Will Gibbs in game three.

Good move to bump up Gartman to game 2. Gave us an advantage. And good move to go to Dohm in a tight game instead of "saving him". That's how you are supposed to manage a pitching staff.

And while I don't like starting Ynetema- I get it. But the best thing was Ynetema gets into some trouble in the first inning and instead of sitting on his ass as usual Foxhall actually went out to talk to him. And lo and behold not only did Ynetema get out of the inning- he gives us a quality start. Amazing what happens when you actually coach your staff!** And sure Tyler Davis didn't do his job but we didn't let him rot out there. And then KC Hunt looks like a guy that can help us out in the bullpen. Which could make a huge difference for us.

What a game by Ross Highfill! Has to work on his defense some- especially blocking balls- but he's our best option there.

Mershon has settled down the infield defense. If he slumps we can always go back to Alford and then bring in Mershon late. We have a good infield with Hancock, Larry, Forsythe, and Mershon.

Kellum had a huge walk-off home run which was big because we can not afford anymore OOC losses. This team is young and SEC play is not going to be forgiving especially to our freshmen. Speaking of that- Bryce Chance is looking good still and Ledbetter will get back on track soon. I would maybe platoon Clark and Jordan. Hunter Hines is starting to hit better too. Once he uses the whole field he is so much more dangerous.

Big home run by Hujsack too.

Gotta win these two in Biloxi. No idea who starts other than Loftin. If Cade Smith is healthy we may see him. May see one of the other freshmen like Siary or Gibbs get the start in the other game. If we're smart we'll start Loftin on Weds but I reserve the right to take that back if Cade Smith is available.

Ranchdawg
03-12-2023, 07:50 AM
I have no idea if our pitchers are totally commanded to pitch the pitch that shows up on there electronic device. If they are required to pitch exactly what Foxhall sends them, then Foxhall is a complete idiot. During our second game yesterday our pitcher threw a change up pitch and missed badly making it 3balls and 2strikes. Pitchers next pitch was called and he threw another change again missing badly forcing a walk to the batter. Prior to this sequence our pitcher had been striking out the batters with a dominating fast ball.

schddog72
03-12-2023, 05:02 PM
He managed today pretty well. And the weekend for that matter.

Loo is our best guy. We need to keep him on Friday. May melt down later in the year but it is what it is. Good move to use Siary and get him some work- same with Will Gibbs in game three.

Good move to bump up Gartman to game 2. Gave us an advantage. And good move to go to Dohm in a tight game instead of "saving him". That's how you are supposed to manage a pitching staff.

And while I don't like starting Ynetema- I get it. But the best thing was Ynetema gets into some trouble in the first inning and instead of sitting on his ass as usual Foxhall actually went out to talk to him. And lo and behold not only did Ynetema get out of the inning- he gives us a quality start. Amazing what happens when you actually coach your staff!** And sure Tyler Davis didn't do his job but we didn't let him rot out there. And then KC Hunt looks like a guy that can help us out in the bullpen. Which could make a huge difference for us.

What a game by Ross Highfill! Has to work on his defense some- especially blocking balls- but he's our best option there.

Mershon has settled down the infield defense. If he slumps we can always go back to Alford and then bring in Mershon late. We have a good infield with Hancock, Larry, Forsythe, and Mershon.

Kellum had a huge walk-off home run which was big because we can not afford anymore OOC losses. This team is young and SEC play is not going to be forgiving especially to our freshmen. Speaking of that- Bryce Chance is looking good still and Ledbetter will get back on track soon. I would maybe platoon Clark and Jordan. Hunter Hines is starting to hit better too. Once he uses the whole field he is so much more dangerous.

Big home run by Hujsack too.

Gotta win these two in Biloxi. No idea who starts other than Loftin. If Cade Smith is healthy we may see him. May see one of the other freshmen like Siary or Gibbs get the start in the other game. If we're smart we'll start Loftin on Weds but I reserve the right to take that back if Cade Smith is available.

And then KC Hunt looks like a guy that can help us out in the bullpen. Which could make a huge difference for us.

Is his twin brother Michael still on campus?