PDA

View Full Version : Thatcher Hurd

TNDawg35
03-06-2023, 08:05 PM
We?re we never in on him in the portal? What LSU did in the portal this year pitching wise was impressive? Hurd, Skenes, Little, the other kid I can?t think of his name. Plus of course Tommy Tanks.

I also like how they have the freshman that was like the #1 recruit and they are letting him play even tho he has been struggling per their announcers. You got to let those guys figure it out and take their lumps.

maroonmania
03-06-2023, 09:13 PM
I also like how they have the freshman that was like the #1 recruit and they are letting him play even tho he has been struggling per their announcers. You got to let those guys figure it out and take their lumps.

That's essentially what we are trying to do with Dakota Jordan. He is struggling right now but has loads of talent. My only concern, and I've said this since the first weekend, is that you don't need a guy trying to adjust to college pitching while hitting in the 3 hole. He should be well down in the order until he shows he is ready for prime time. Only FR we have ever had to start off batting in the 3 hole is Palmeiro and he is one of the best college hitters of all time and came in much more college ready than Jordan.

ZedFedder
03-06-2023, 09:23 PM
I believe we wanted Hurd and Skenes.

KOdawg1
03-06-2023, 09:27 PM
Him or Skenes would completely change the complexion of our team

The Federalist Engineer
03-06-2023, 09:53 PM
Probably watching Mississippi schools win back to back National Championships made LSU fans motivated to buy players.

Thatcher Hurd is probably the visible spokesman for several Baton Rouge headshops, tattoo parlers, immigration attorneys, and bail bonds offices.

"When I am ready to file citizenship papers for my Haitian fianc?, I am calling my Friends at ABC Immigration Services. And so should all the other Tiger fans."

ZedFedder
03-06-2023, 10:27 PM
And the thing is, he?s their midweek guy.

WSOPdawg
03-06-2023, 10:42 PM
Him or Skenes would completely change the complexion of our team

or either of the SoMiss All-Americans from LY (Hurston Waldrep who transferred to Florida or Tanner Hall who stayed in Hattiesburg).

Homedawg
03-06-2023, 10:46 PM
or either of the SoMiss All-Americans from LY (Hurston Waldrep who transferred to Florida or Tanner Hall who stayed in Hattiesburg).

Waldrep was going to Fla no matter. That was done

Pancho
03-06-2023, 11:14 PM
Stinnette got NIL $ instead of hurd or skenes at msu. skenes had an apartment in starkville til L$U made contact

StarkVegasSteve
03-06-2023, 11:15 PM
Stinnette got NIL $ instead of hurd or skenes at msu. skenes had an apartment in starkville til L$U made contact

Our NIL package was as good as LSU. The difference was he wanted to play for Wes Johnson. It's that simple.

Pancho
03-06-2023, 11:16 PM
Judging by how Fox manages pitchers, Skenes made a helluva good choice.

Cowbell
03-06-2023, 11:45 PM
Judging by how Fox manages pitchers, Skenes made a helluva good choice.

The jury is still out. Let's see if his arms survives the season...

Todd4State
03-07-2023, 12:17 AM

I kind of wonder about the timing on all of that. I was pretty surprised when I heard Stinnett was coming back.

Our NIL package was as good as LSU. The difference was he wanted to play for Wes Johnson. It's that simple.

Having Foxhall doesn't help us. Especially when guys see people like Andrew Walling flame out.

StarkVegasSteve
03-07-2023, 01:18 AM
I kind of wonder about the timing on all of that. I was pretty surprised when I heard Stinnett was coming back.

Having Foxhall doesn't help us. Especially when guys see people like Andrew Walling flame out.

I think the plan was to shoot for guys like Skenes, the kid from LBSU, Hurd, etc. and if it didn't work out we always knew we could pivot back to Stinnett.

TNDawg35
03-07-2023, 08:44 AM
I think the plan was to shoot for guys like Skenes, the kid from LBSU, Hurd, etc. and if it didn't work out we always knew we could pivot back to Stinnett.

So that figures. We finally have a dang good offense and we walk 20 people a game…

I heard a stat in the Oklahoma game. We average 9 walks, 2 HBP, and 2 errors when we loose… Thats insane…

Todd4State
03-07-2023, 10:27 PM

I would have brought back Tepper or Tullar before I brought back Stinnett.

Pancho
03-08-2023, 07:33 AM
Amen, and that is one reason why folks question Fox's evaluation ability.