PDA

View Full Version : Two Days in Frisco Observations

StarkVegasSteve
03-05-2023, 10:54 AM
So I have been in the ballpark both days, unfortunately, and will unfortunately be going back today. I have not seen a State team make the type of mistakes we make on a regular basis in a very long time.

1. Foxhall should not be employed by 6 PM tonight. I am 50/50 on whether I want him back on the plane.

2. The young guys need to take over. Highfill, Chance, Cijntje, Loftin, Yntema, Jordan, Tapper, and co. are the future and they need to be the present. We will take our lumps but it is time to plan for the future.

3. It is time to get Downs and Hujsak some ABs. Just see what they can do. You only have Hujsak for one year anyways and if you keep sitting Downs he is going to transfer.

4. I have actually been pretty impressed with Forsythe this weekend. He has made some uncharacteristic errors but his hitting is night and day. Finally looks like he is seeing the ball.

5. We may need Polk to come hit fungo for us with Sweet Georgia Brown playing. It will be sentimental at the least and there is nothing that could hurt this team fielding wise anyways. Hell we may need to let Ron run practice for the next few weeks.

6. Brighter days are coming, with or without Chris Lemonis.