PDA

View Full Version : Fire lemonis!

msstate7
03-04-2023, 05:05 PM
Since the natty, he's 32-35. He's a clown.

msstate7
03-04-2023, 05:08 PM
Are we blue blood in baseball or not? Bluebloods don't put up with this crap. If we lose again tomorrow, I'd fire him Monday.

Activated Alpha
03-04-2023, 05:13 PM
I keep saying to myself that LSU has had some tough years with PM after their natty run, but man back-to-back losing seasons is a tough pill to swallow. I would definitely fire Foxhall and Lemonis firmly on the hot seat next season

ScoobaDawg
03-04-2023, 05:16 PM
I keep saying to myself that LSU has had some tough years with PM after their natty run, but man back-to-back losing seasons is a tough pill to swallow. I would definitely fire Foxhall and Lemonis firmly on the hot seat next season

If we don't make post season (it's a long season... But not liking what I'm watching) Lemon has to make a pitching coach change.

I hope we are all wrong and they blossom with experience...

msstate7
03-04-2023, 05:16 PM

He never had a losing record at lsu. LSU doesn't accept losing like us

The closet PM came to a losing record was 29-26-1 his 1st season.

PGHBulldogBG
03-04-2023, 05:23 PM
Yea my patience is definitely running low here. I gave him a pass last year because of the natty, but at the very least he needs to make a pitching coach change. It’s a long season, but it’s not looking good

Activated Alpha
03-04-2023, 05:24 PM
Yeah true. I looked it up. For some reason I thought he had a losing record a couple of seasons, but might just me wanting to wish it was true since we are sucking it worse these two seasons. Yeah we should never accept a losing season in baseball

msstate7
03-04-2023, 05:25 PM
Yeah true. I looked it up. For some reason I thought he had a losing record a couple of seasons, but might just me wanting to wish it was true since we are sucking it worse these two seasons. Yeah we should never accept a losing season in baseball

Last year, I give him a pass. This season isn't acceptable, and I'd send his ass packing

Quaoarsking
03-04-2023, 05:30 PM
I said before the season that Lemonis should be fired if we don't make the NCAA tournament. That is still my opinion m

Activated Alpha
03-04-2023, 05:33 PM
Are the recruiting classes coming up good enough to put up with Lemonis for another year?

Pancho
03-04-2023, 05:33 PM
gotta long season and more to come

msstate7
03-04-2023, 05:36 PM
Are the recruiting classes coming up good enough to put up with Lemonis for another year?
We've had players here my whole life. We don't need an underperforming coach to get players.

msstate7
03-04-2023, 05:37 PM
gotta long season and more to come

This season will be awful, and the only thing that will salvage it is aborting lemonis

Quaoarsking
03-04-2023, 05:38 PM

Unless there is some weird circumstance, no.

dawgday166
03-04-2023, 05:46 PM
Not watching just reading but I will say that I can tolerate struggling at the plate some, but giving up tons of runs due to walking bunches of batters while also playing horrible defense is hard to swallow. That's mostly on the coaching staff IMO.

ETA: Combine that with last year's debacle and it's not good. In fact it's pretty damn bad.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-04-2023, 05:58 PM
MSU got a kewl stadium tho.

IMissJack
03-04-2023, 06:02 PM
Based on the crowd today, we have a blue blood fan base. We had more fans than any other team there, and OU has a LOT of alumni and fans in N Texas. We need to go what a blue blood in football would do and get it fixed.

Activated Alpha
03-04-2023, 06:04 PM
Based on the crowd today, we have a blue blood fan base. We had more fans than any other team there, and OU has a LOT of alumni and fans in N Texas. We need to go what a blue blood in football would do and get it fixed.

Yep I agree and if our recruiting classes aren't what we were sold to be then I say we part ways with Lemonis if we have another losing season and miss the NCAA tournament two years in a row

parabrave
03-04-2023, 06:06 PM
If we don't make post season (it's a long season... But not liking what I'm watching) Lemon has to make a pitching coach change.

I hope we are all wrong and they blossom with experience...

Hey Scoob maybe the hitting will blossom but the Pitching is crap/ Every Pitcher that Foxhall has had time with has gotten worse. Our defense is Bad News Bears bad. The Biloxi game is dam near sold out from what I hear but I know a few are regretting buying tickets and they will let the staff know if they play this bad. The Stands at MGM park are close to the field as is the dugout and the bullpen.

TNDawg35
03-04-2023, 06:23 PM
You have got to get rid of Foxhall at this point. I would do it now. No use in waiting. Then after the season, you clean house roster wise. Use the portal and get the best bullpen Money can buy. You have starters in Lo, Loftin, Forsythe. But go out and get someone who throws gas and strikes. Hell go get the Ohio State kid we faced last night. Dude was nasty…

We should have a scout literally watching games for kids who want to play in the sec. There are plenty out there. Kid from Ball State right now, there is a kid from Wright State who is blowing up. You go get who you have to…

If Lemonis doesn’t want to, you fire his ass and I mean literally hand Vitello a blank check. Then would be Burroughs but I doubt he would leave La Tech. After that, it’s a crap shoot unless you wanted to try and lure Schloss or McDonnell away
again.

Something has to change, and change now or we are going to be the laughing stock 2 years in a row after coming off 4 straight Omaha trips and a Natty…

Mjoelner34
03-04-2023, 06:49 PM
You have got to get rid of Foxhall at this point. I would do it now. No use in waiting. It should have happened last year and it was obvious for anyone who wanted to see but most people blamed injuries and having to put pitchers in different roles. Different roles? The plate is still 60'6" from the rubber and 17" wide no matter when or where you pitch. If you cant throw a strike, then you cant throw a strike. It doesnt matter when your name is called. Foxhall has been stealing money since around the first week of March last year.

TheLostDawg
03-04-2023, 07:24 PM
Right now it comes down to this, could we improve if we fire foxhall now. Because the way its going it will be
A - we don't make the tournament and the whole staff goes
B- we get in but that's it. Then you keep Lemonis and gut part of the staff that isn't performing

Lemonis has to know the end of the season is what matters. He plays the long game. Looks like he betting on these players and staff figuring out out towards the end of the year. Last year should have been a wake up call but so far I don't see it

Lord McBuckethead
03-04-2023, 08:00 PM
Look guys, there are two possible ways to look at this. First, the coach has failed to field a team that can compete. For whatever reason, guys can?t hit, throw strikes, throw out runners, or field. Those are some serious issues that have costed us every loss except one.

Or you can choose to be happy watching our boys go out there and compete regardless of outcome and be excited to watch these young players get better and get hungrier, so that in the future they will have a great team a couple years from now.

Lord McBuckethead
03-04-2023, 08:02 PM
One could argue that firing Fox and getting a new guy right now could only help the team. Seriously, they can?t pitch worse. Why not mix it up and see if the guys can respond.

BuckyIsAB****
03-04-2023, 08:16 PM
Ive seen enough. Its culture problems

Leroy Jenkins
03-04-2023, 08:19 PM
Flashback 2018:

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?67884-Coaching-Style

Cowbell
03-04-2023, 08:36 PM
You guys know I've defended him. I got to watch this awful mess in person this weekend. It's bad. Honestly the fielding is worse than anything. I saw less errors and mistakes in two 3A high school games this week than I saw in our two games this weekend - no exaggeration. And these players have talent. We aren't running a bunch of two stars out there. We are more impressive in person than all the teams we have faced so far and been out-coached in all of them. I'm for giving Lemon this season to try and turn it around by any means necessary but if we aren't in the postseason he is no longer in our dugout (on a bucket) next season.

Saltydog
03-04-2023, 08:44 PM
You have got to get rid of Foxhall at this point. I would do it now. No use in waiting. Then after the season, you clean house roster wise. Use the portal and get the best bullpen Money can buy. You have starters in Lo, Loftin, Forsythe. But go out and get someone who throws gas and strikes. Hell go get the Ohio State kid we faced last night. Dude was nasty?

We should have a scout literally watching games for kids who want to play in the sec. There are plenty out there. Kid from Ball State right now, there is a kid from Wright State who is blowing up. You go get who you have to?

If Lemonis doesn?t want to, you fire his ass and I mean literally hand Vitello a blank check. Then would be Burroughs but I doubt he would leave La Tech. After that, it?s a crap shoot unless you wanted to try and lure Schloss or McDonnell away
again.

Something has to change, and change now or we are going to be the laughing stock 2 years in a row after coming off 4 straight Omaha trips and a Natty?

Two things........First, we're not getting rid of Foxhall during the season........Ain't happening.......Secondly, Lane Burroughs wouldn't be the second call and in the event he was, he'd walk thru broken glass and hot coals to get back here........

Goldendawg
03-04-2023, 08:45 PM
Ive seen enough. Its culture problems

Croom - wore cap crooked.
Lemonis - often wears cap crooked.

Croom - often coached from golf cart.
Lemonis - coaches sitting on empty bucket.

Croom - "I didn't see that coming" in 48 -0 loss to OM.
Lemonis - I'm afraid he did see this coming after last year.

Croom - Former RB coach.
Lemonis - Former Indiana Baseball HC ( Mid-tier Big 10).

Croom - Woody.
Lemonis - Foxhall?

Coincidences? - Getting worried.**

BuckyIsAB****
03-04-2023, 08:54 PM
Croom didn?t have culture problems. He had an offense problem. Lemonis has wrecked the Porsche

Leroy Jenkins
03-04-2023, 08:58 PM
I've come full-circle on Lemonis. When the hire was made I was apprehensive, then I was a Lem fan-boy, now I'm back to square one.

He's definitely not getting much help from leadership within the team. This lack of player leadership is a situation he's not used to.

ScooterDog
03-04-2023, 09:03 PM
I?d like to get R Polk?s take on all this. For sure this team isn?t practicing routine plays enough.

Goldendawg
03-04-2023, 09:04 PM
Croom didn?t have culture problems. He had an offense problem. Lemonis has wrecked the Porsche

I would call a gunfight on campus with a couple of starters kicked off the team a culture problem. Agree Lemonis doesn't seem to even know how to service the Porsche after other coaches" mechanics (players ) left.

maroonmania
03-04-2023, 09:19 PM
My question is this, do ANY players ever get better under Lemonis and his staff? Pitchers go without saying but is Forsythe better? Kellum Clark? Hancock? Our best players appear to be guys that are new to the team. Something is definitely not right within the program. We have more talent than all the teams we have lost to so far IMO. Its almost unreal that we are this bad at so many different basic things.

KOdawg1
03-04-2023, 09:22 PM
Or you can choose to be happy watching our boys go out there and compete regardless of outcome and be excited to watch these young players get better and get hungrier, so that in the future they will have a great team a couple years from now.

Yeahhh screw all that, I just want to win

Cooterpoot
03-04-2023, 10:34 PM
***** ass, partying culture. Lemonis is lazy and Foxhall is cat vomit. Gotro looking less than great. Cheese just riding the cheese wagon. It's disgusting what's going on. I warned everybody about Foxhall for 3 years.

Bothrops
03-04-2023, 10:35 PM
Are we blue blood in baseball or not? Bluebloods don't put up with this crap. If we lose again tomorrow, I'd fire him Monday.

If we are a blue blood it's barely. Lots of programs have done far more where it counts.

SPMT
03-04-2023, 10:48 PM
Not watching just reading but I will say that I can tolerate struggling at the plate some, but giving up tons of runs due to walking bunches of batters while also playing horrible defense is hard to swallow. That's mostly on the coaching staff IMO.

ETA: Combine that with last year's debacle and it's not good. In fact it's pretty damn bad.

Well, the players have to catch and throw?..so, they have responsibility as well.

But this is on the coaches, I agree. They recruited these dudes and they coach them.

Get it done or get the **** out!

RockyDog
03-04-2023, 11:03 PM
We are Omaha bound. - Todd

Pancho
03-04-2023, 11:19 PM
what year?

Goldendawg
03-04-2023, 11:26 PM
We are Omaha bound. - Todd

Yep, we are lulling the SEC teams into a false sense of security before conference games begin. It is part of our master plan.****

SpaceBully
03-04-2023, 11:29 PM
Ole Miss ain't gonna fall off like we did.

Todd4State
03-05-2023, 01:09 AM
I've come full-circle on Lemonis. When the hire was made I was apprehensive, then I was a Lem fan-boy, now I'm back to square one.

He's definitely not getting much help from leadership within the team. This lack of player leadership is a situation he's not used to.

In college you can not rely on your players to lead all the time. The adults have to be in charge- at least to a large degree.

I?d like to get R Polk?s take on all this. For sure this team isn?t practicing routine plays enough.

Eh. He would probably just say "that's baseball" and move on.

BuckyIsAB****
03-05-2023, 08:08 AM
I would call a gunfight on campus with a couple of starters kicked off the team a culture problem. Agree Lemonis doesn't seem to even know how to service the Porsche after other coaches" mechanics (players ) left.

When he walked into it there was a lot more going on than that

Leroy Jenkins
03-05-2023, 11:58 AM
In college you can not rely on your players to lead all the time. The adults have to be in charge- at least to a large degree.

That was my point. He doesn't know how to keep the ship tight on his own, that is, without players keeping each other in line.