PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Golden Egg Edition

Coach34
11-29-2013, 01:04 PM
1. We got OUR TROPHY back. 4 out of 5 boys- 1st time since 1939-1944. Enjoy our current dominance. Only Dawggeezer was alive to see it the last time it happened.

2. Give it up for Damien Williams. He didnt play badly. We were conservative with him in there to protect him some- which is common sense, but he did an ok job. They got some rush in his face and put pressure on him- but he never backed down or folded. He made some good throws that were dropped (Morrow and Wilson come to mind). For all the flak Mullen gets about recruiting- I wouldnt trade the heart and will Dakota and Damien have for anything right now.

3. Was there any doubt we would win once Dakota entered the game? I didnt have any. He is a special player. I've said it many times and I'll say it again- I could tell how talented he was when I went and watched him in HS- but there was no way to measure the character, heart, and leadership this guy brings. This is HIS team. I dont blame Mullen for protecting him as long as possible- but you just cant keep a guy like him off the field. Gets us a FG. Then picks up 4th and 10 to get us another FG attempt that we miss. And then the 4th down in OT- wow.

4. How about the brass balls on Mullen? Going for it on 4th down like that in OT? We dont get that and the entire fanbase is calling for his head today. We make it though- and I think it was the right call. If you cant get a yard you don't deserve to win anyway. Thought the playcalling was ok last night except for that cluster that led to the blocked punt. That was a terribly called series. He protected Damien most of the night and kept us in the game. Then when Dakota entered we went back to the regular offense and moved the football.

5. No idea why somebody on our staff isnt checking fumbles and stuff on TV. Mullen cant see that stuff from the field. Somebody has got to tell him from upstairs. The 1st problem was the officials not seeing anything and making the damn calls themselves. But then we didnt have anyone checking those things behind them. Could have been big for us. Mullen redeemed himself a little with challenging that Treadwell spot and winning it- then we stuffed that ass on 3rd and 1.

6. Special Teams have to get better next season. I dont know if Mullen is coaching them or each one is delegated to a different coach-but they have to get better. Mullen cant kick it for them, or handle the snap. They are told not to catch punts at the ****ing 5 yard line- but we do dumb shit like that anyway. Our kickers are a mental mess. We just have to get better here. Stricklin needs to tell Mullen he is hiring a ST coach. Tell Dan to go pick one out and we will put him on staff. That part of our team has to improve next year to get that 9th or 10th win we covet.

7. JRob had 7 carries/38 yards. Perkins had 12 carries- 5 yards. I DONT ****ING UNDERSTAND. I understand rewarding hard working, do what is asked guys- I dont understand why Perkins gets more carries. At worst it should be 50/50. At worst.

8. Cant say enough about the defensive plan, effort, intensity, and heart last night. PAY THAT MAN. I can handle losing Collins to a HC job somewhere- I couldnt handle losing him to another program because they are gonna pay him 500K more than us. Get it done. The defense has gotten better all season- and has looked damn good once it got healthy. Bama and Ole Miss are convinced. So am I.

9. Nickoe Whitley- you finished your career like a warrior should my man. Alot of us have given you shit- which was deserved- but you have come up bigtime here at the end of the season. A great pick last night and then the forced fumble was greatness. Get healthy and good luck making a team next year.

10. Great job in the Secondary last night. Paidwell is the best Freshman WR I've seen in awhile and he got his catches- but we tackled well when we had to. Moncrief didnt get fed shit. Just a really good job of coverage, tackling, and forcing Wallace into turnovers.

11. We held the Ole Miss offense to 3 points last night- cant really say more than that.

12. Now, thanks to Florida, only 6 SEC teams out of 14 have been to 4 straight bowls. We are one of those 6. It's not as damn easy to make a bowl apparently as some like to make it out to be. Schedule, injuries, recruiting, luck- all plays a part. Got to give Mullen credit for that.

13. So after all the whining, moaning, and Freezus love from February to now. "Ole miss has passed us by"...."Our program is slipping, we are headed to the bottom of the SEC!!!!!"...etc...Ole Miss has 20 starters returning coming into 2013- we had only 12 starters returning this year- after allllllllll of that:

Mullen STILL managed to finish ahead of Ole Miss in the SEC aGAIN. The great Freezus and all his recruiting splendor- finished 6th in the SEC West.

As I said- Let it play out.

Enjoy the bowl game guys- and with 16-17 starters returning next year- the expectations raise a little in 2014.

Saltydog
11-29-2013, 01:14 PM
was also an interception that we weren't awarded that should've been challenged........I'm like you, why in the hell don't we have someone watching the TV and listening to the announcers.......Also, it took 10 minutes from the time the TV announcers noticed that Nkemdiche and the other RB had the same number before Mullen and company picked up on it.......

Todd4State
11-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Nicely done Coach! I don't think there is anything I would add or change- but I will say this about Collins. Scott needs to make increasing assistant salaries priority number one in the offseason.

Ronny
11-29-2013, 01:31 PM
...are going to sink us next year (& possibly in the bowl game) if they are addressed soon:

1. As you mentioned, Mullen refusing to throw the red flag. That shit cost us a game vs. Houston (2009?) when the refs claimed Tyson Lee had crossed the line of scrimmage when he completed a pass to the 2 yd line.

Where the **** was Mullen & the red flag? TV ran it back & Lee was nowhere near the line of scrimmage when he made that pass. That bullshit cost us a bowl bid.

5 years later Mullen is still reluctant about tossing the red flag. Dan, grow some balls. The refs usually don't have a clue & **** up 50% of the time. You've got to step up & challenge their incompetence.

2. The special teams are indescribably horrible.

I hope Mullen possesses the capacity to be embarrassed about his special teams. Because they sure as hell embarrass the hell out of me.

Other than that, it's all positives. Over the last month Mullen has taken a lazy squad of bums & transformed them into fierce competitors. I've bitched about the stupid shit Mullen has pulled this season, but when it starts to come together I'm the first hypocrite to voice what a great job Dan Mullen is doing.

BogeyGolfer
11-29-2013, 01:57 PM
GTHOM!

OldFatDog
11-29-2013, 02:16 PM
...are going to sink us next year (& possibly in the bowl game) if they are addressed soon:

1. As you mentioned, Mullen refusing to throw the red flag. That shit cost us a game vs. Houston (2009?) when the refs claimed Tyson Lee had crossed the line of scrimmage when he completed a pass to the 2 yd line.

Where the **** was Mullen & the red flag? TV ran it back & Lee was nowhere near the line of scrimmage when he made that pass. That bullshit cost us a bowl bid.

5 years later Mullen is still reluctant about tossing the red flag. Dan, grow some balls. The refs usually don't have a clue & **** up 50% of the time. You've got to step up & challenge their incompetence.

I hope Mullen possesses the capacity to be embarrassed about his special teams. Because they sure as hell embarrass the hell out of me.

Other than that, it's all positives. Over the last month Mullen has taken a lazy squad of bums & transformed them into fierce competitors. I've bitched about the stupid shit Mullen has pulled this season, but when it starts to come together I'm the first hypocrite to voice what a great job Dan Mullen is doing.

Dan doesn't have a red flag. But I get your point. Has to be better and quicker communication from upstairs.

messageboardsuperhero
11-29-2013, 02:19 PM
While everyone is rightfully praising Collins, Deshea Townsend has done a phenomenal job with our young CBs this year. We've seen tremendous improvement from those guys- particularly Calhoun.

Turner has been great as well and turned us into one of the best D-Lines in the SEC this year. I'd really like to see us keep this entire defensive staff together this offseason, if that's possible.

DawgsBite34
11-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Great Post

Coach34
11-29-2013, 02:25 PM
DT has done a good job of coaching- but word is he hates recruiting and would rather be back in the NFL. I cant swear this to be gospel- just what is making the rounds. We will see.

I think Turner has done a good job also. Eulls is a much better player this year under him than he has been. PJ had a good year. Our DL has really been playing some good ball the 2nd half of the season.

UMCDawg16
11-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Don't forget about Chris (THE BEAST) Jones. Dude bent Robert Kimdashian and Wallace over his knee all night!

hailmari
11-29-2013, 02:55 PM
#9: I may have to name my next dog after Nickoe. He totally redeemed himself these past few weeks. We may not be going to our 4th straight bowl and I know this board would have a totally different tone today if not for him.

dawgoneyall
11-29-2013, 03:06 PM
This one of the faults with the hurry up offense. The review officials don't have time to decided something is reviewable. This gives a tremendous advantage to the offense. The offense simply slows down if they think more time is needed for the review decision to be made. Don't know how this is fixable but something needs to be done.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Mullen coached a good game other than calling for a spike on our final drive of regulation. No need to waste a down there with 2 timeouts.

I really hope we can hire a full time special teams coach. And we may have to use another scholarship on a FG kicker. Surely there's a tested Juco out there somewhere.

I'm excited about next year if Mullen can make a few "tweaks".

mic
11-29-2013, 03:18 PM
1. We got OUR TROPHY back. 4 out of 5 boys- 1st time since 1939-1944. Enjoy our current dominance. Only Dawggeezer was alive to see it the last time it happened.

2. Give it up for Damien Williams. He didnt play badly. We were conservative with him in there to protect him some- which is common sense, but he did an ok job. They got some rush in his face and put pressure on him- but he never backed down or folded. He made some good throws that were dropped (Morrow and Wilson come to mind). For all the flak Mullen gets about recruiting- I wouldnt trade the heart and will Dakota and Damien have for anything right now.

3. Was there any doubt we would win once Dakota entered the game? I didnt have any. He is a special player. I've said it many times and I'll say it again- I could tell how talented he was when I went and watched him in HS- but there was no way to measure the character, heart, and leadership this guy brings. This is HIS team. I dont blame Mullen for protecting him as long as possible- but you just cant keep a guy like him off the field. Gets us a FG. Then picks up 4th and 10 to get us another FG attempt that we miss. And then the 4th down in OT- wow.

4. How about the brass balls on Mullen? Going for it on 4th down like that in OT? We dont get that and the entire fanbase is calling for his head today. We make it though- and I think it was the right call. If you cant get a yard you don't deserve to win anyway. Thought the playcalling was ok last night except for that cluster that led to the blocked punt. That was a terribly called series. He protected Damien most of the night and kept us in the game. Then when Dakota entered we went back to the regular offense and moved the football.

5. No idea why somebody on our staff isnt checking fumbles and stuff on TV. Mullen cant see that stuff from the field. Somebody has got to tell him from upstairs. The 1st problem was the officials not seeing anything and making the damn calls themselves. But then we didnt have anyone checking those things behind them. Could have been big for us. Mullen redeemed himself a little with challenging that Treadwell spot and winning it- then we stuffed that ass on 3rd and 1.

6. Special Teams have to get better next season. I dont know if Mullen is coaching them or each one is delegated to a different coach-but they have to get better. Mullen cant kick it for them, or handle the snap. They are told not to catch punts at the ****ing 5 yard line- but we do dumb shit like that anyway. Our kickers are a mental mess. We just have to get better here. Stricklin needs to tell Mullen he is hiring a ST coach. Tell Dan to go pick one out and we will put him on staff. That part of our team has to improve next year to get that 9th or 10th win we covet.

7. JRob had 7 carries/38 yards. Perkins had 12 carries- 5 yards. I DONT ****ING UNDERSTAND. I understand rewarding hard working, do what is asked guys- I dont understand why Perkins gets more carries. At worst it should be 50/50. At worst.

8. Cant say enough about the defensive plan, effort, intensity, and heart last night. PAY THAT MAN. I can handle losing Collins to a HC job somewhere- I couldnt handle losing him to another program because they are gonna pay him 500K more than us. Get it done. The defense has gotten better all season- and has looked damn good once it got healthy. Bama and Ole Miss are convinced. So am I.

9. Nickoe Whitley- you finished your career like a warrior should my man. Alot of us have given you shit- which was deserved- but you have come up bigtime here at the end of the season. A great pick last night and then the forced fumble was greatness. Get healthy and good luck making a team next year.

10. Great job in the Secondary last night. Paidwell is the best Freshman WR I've seen in awhile and he got his catches- but we tackled well when we had to. Moncrief didnt get fed shit. Just a really good job of coverage, tackling, and forcing Wallace into turnovers.

11. We held the Ole Miss offense to 3 points last night- cant really say more than that.

12. Now, thanks to Florida, only 6 SEC teams out of 14 have been to 4 straight bowls. We are one of those 6. It's not as damn easy to make a bowl apparently as some like to make it out to be. Schedule, injuries, recruiting, luck- all plays a part. Got to give Mullen credit for that.

13. So after all the whining, moaning, and Freezus love from February to now. "Ole miss has passed us by"...."Our program is slipping, we are headed to the bottom of the SEC!!!!!"...etc...Ole Miss has 20 starters returning coming into 2013- we had only 12 starters returning this year- after allllllllll of that:

Mullen STILL managed to finish ahead of Ole Miss in the SEC aGAIN. The great Freezus and all his recruiting splendor- finished 6th in the SEC West.

As I said- Let it play out.

Enjoy the bowl game guys- and with 16-17 starters returning next year- the expectations raise a little in 2014.

#5..
yes we need to have someone watching this better. but this is ALL on the officials.. They had plenty of time to review that before the next snap was made. It is on them to buzz down on turnovers that are questionable.. This isn't all on Mullen and the staff. And the RN number situation is ALL on the officials.. I am not sure the exact ruling on that I am waiting for a text or call back.
I think its a 15 yrd unsportsmanlike and one of the players have to be ejected.
And I know for a fact that this crew ( esp the guy upstairs) got some heat from the SEC officials office ...

Dog316
11-29-2013, 03:33 PM

---------------------------
Well, I impressed that you called yourself a hypocrite. You obviously shave one each morning. The mirror doesn't lie.