PDA

View Full Version : Cintje replaces Cade Smith in Rotation

Leeshouldveflanked
03-02-2023, 03:17 PM
Maybe a little motivation to older players

ZedFedder
03-02-2023, 03:32 PM
Let's go! It won't surprise me to see Cade back at some point. Someone said he was sick last weekend, perhaps that is holding over and playing a part.

Commercecomet24
03-02-2023, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking Cades still not 100%. There's no reason for one bad start to pull him from the rotation. I don't know that he's still not feeling well, but it makes the most sense.

Tater
03-02-2023, 04:10 PM
I'm thinking Cades still not 100%. There's no reason for one bad start to pull him from the rotation. I don't know that he's still not feeling well, but it makes the most sense.

Agreed. But I'm excited for Jurrangelo Unchained.

Hope I don't have to fire Lemonis again after the game tomorrow lmao.

WinningIsRelentless
03-02-2023, 04:14 PM
Not surprised. It had been rumored Cade could be moved to the pen for long relief.

Commercecomet24
03-02-2023, 04:15 PM
Agreed. But I'm excited for Jurrangelo Unchained.

Hope I don't have to fire Lemonis again after the game tomorrow lmao.

Yeah Jurrangelo is fun to watch, no doubt! Hey if it keeps us winning you keep firing him, lol!

DownwardDawg
03-02-2023, 04:16 PM

I agree. Fully expect him back in the weekend rotation. Imagine if Cade gets moved to Saturday because of how good Cintje is.

Schultzy
03-02-2023, 04:33 PM
Whos starting Saturday/Sunday ?

StarkVegasSteve
03-02-2023, 04:40 PM
Whos starting Saturday/Sunday ?

Yntema-Saturday
Gartman-Sunday

The Federalist Engineer
03-02-2023, 05:12 PM
Cade is probably getting rest.

I am rooting for this team and want them to win every game, but I would super happy if Florida "stole" Lemonis and Foxhall this weekend.

Then MSU promotes Gautreau to Interim-HC and Bob Tewksbury as the PC.

Yes, Bob Tewksbury, one of the all time great control and location pitchers in baseball history. He is actually rehab-artist for MLB pitchers with mentality issues. Hell, he could keep that business going at the Palmeiro center. It would be a great draw for players to see the MSU PC coaching MLB players at the same time.

https://elitebaseballperformance.com/author/bobtewksbury/

Tewksbury's book "Ninety Percent Mental: An All-Star Player Turned Mental Skills Coach Reveals the Hidden Game of Baseball" is very interesting book.

StarkVegasSteve
03-02-2023, 06:23 PM
Cade is probably getting rest.

I am rooting for this team and want them to win every game, but I would super happy if Florida "stole" Lemonis and Foxhall this weekend.

Then MSU promotes Gautreau to Interim-HC and Bob Tewksbury as the PC.

Yes, Bob Tewksbury, one of the all time great control and location pitchers in baseball history. He is actually rehab-artist for MLB pitchers with mentality issues. Hell, he could keep that business going at the Palmeiro center. It would be a great draw for players to see the MSU PC coaching MLB players at the same time.

https://elitebaseballperformance.com/author/bobtewksbury/

Tewksbury's book "Ninety Percent Mental: An All-Star Player Turned Mental Skills Coach Reveals the Hidden Game of Baseball" is very interesting book.

Ok since none of those things are happening, lets try to be realistic. Maybe someone poaches Foxhall at the end of the year, and my poach I mean we tell him to find another job so we will not have to fire him, and we can go get a realistic pitching coach. A guy like Josh Macdonald at UCONN. Was the D1 baseball asst of the year in 2022

confucius say
03-02-2023, 07:05 PM
We have to have the most difficult Friday and Saturday guys names to annunciate in America

msstate7
03-02-2023, 07:33 PM
Help me out with pronouncing that

Todd4State
03-02-2023, 07:51 PM
Lots of rumors that Cade is injured.

The Federalist Engineer
03-02-2023, 07:53 PM
Ok since none of those things are happening, lets try to be realistic. Maybe someone poaches Foxhall at the end of the year, and my poach I mean we tell him to find another job so we will not have to fire him, and we can go get a realistic pitching coach. A guy like Josh Macdonald at UCONN. Was the D1 baseball asst of the year in 2022

Foxhall was the assistant of the year in 2021. Seems Florida should want to take him from MSU.***

AlSwearengen
03-02-2023, 08:01 PM

Yeah, he has been a good steady pitcher since he has been here, so I can’t imagine him being removed from the rotation after one bad outing. Lemonis was talking about him being the Friday guy and ace of the staff preaseason. You don’t talk like that and then demote him that quickly. If we don’t see him at all this weekend, I think there is fire to the smoke that he may not be totally healthy.

State82
03-02-2023, 09:15 PM

Sin-jay I believe

Cowbell
03-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Why we listening to rumors on Cade of all players? Where you at Base?

PMDawg
03-02-2023, 09:48 PM
Why we listening to rumors on Cade of all players? Where you at Base?

Yeah, this!

Quaoarsking
03-02-2023, 10:40 PM

In this video they say it like "SAIN-ja" and he confirms that it's correct. (Or maybe the second syllable is something in between -ja and -tcha, something we just don't really say in English.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGo2q8IoJVA

SpaceBully
03-03-2023, 01:29 AM
Cintje "Right" or Cintje "Left" ?? Ohio St. is 3-5 but have played some good teams. Split with UCONN who I think was in a Super last year. And Grand Canyon losses weren't bad losses. GC is a small school, but a pretty good baseball school like most West Coast area teams. All 3 of these games in Frisco should be very competitive.

Ari Gold
03-03-2023, 07:15 AM
Not surprised. It had been rumored Cade could be moved to the pen for long relief.

Your rumor was incorrect

Ari Gold
03-03-2023, 07:17 AM
Cade has some arm soreness .. shutting him down for a little while to get checked out

basedog
03-03-2023, 08:07 AM
Cade has some arm soreness .. shutting him down for a little while to get checked out

Wrong, he has had upper respiratory junk, letting him get completely over this and he will be back. I'm trying not to say much about Cade, I do read what many have said about his pitching not only on ED but another board. Pretty hard to stay in my lane but I will, maybe one day some of you guys will be lucky to have a son or daughter who will be a Msu athlete, then many would understand what life is all about for your family.

Enough from me, Cade is no doubt when healthy one of our better pitchers.

Todd4State
03-03-2023, 08:45 AM
Wrong, he has had upper respiratory junk, letting him get completely over this and he will be back. I'm trying not to say much about Cade, I do read what many have said about his pitching not only on ED but another board. Pretty hard to stay in my lane but I will, maybe one day some of you guys will be lucky to have a son or daughter who will be a Msu athlete, then many would understand what life is all about for your family.

Thanks for the update. I hope he gets well soon!

SilentSteel16
03-03-2023, 08:50 AM
Base you have to realize 90 percent of these posters on GP or ED never even sniffed a college locker room. They don’t know what these kids go through with balancing school, practice and off season workouts. It is a full time job and always has been. Don’t let these people say anything to bother you. Just like what I was told by a guy that coached in professional baseball (MLB not milb) “don’t let it bother you, little peoples voices about you don’t matter” by giving them your attention you make their voices bigger.

Hope Cade gets to feeling better. We NEED him !!

basedog
03-03-2023, 09:06 AM
Base you have to realize 90 percent of these posters on GP or ED never even sniffed a college locker room. They don’t know what these kids go through with balancing school, practice and off season workouts. It is a full time job and always has been. Don’t let these people say anything to bother you. Just like what I was told by a guy that coached in professional baseball (MLB not milb) “don’t let it bother you, little peoples voices about you don’t matter” by giving them your attention you make their voices bigger.

Hope Cade gets to feeling better. We NEED him !!

Thanks, doesn't really bother me as much as my daughter. I've coached and played sports and understand the "arm chair" coaches. I understand the critics take and many times they can be right.
The thing with someone like Cade, he bleeds maroon, when he was being recruited he wouldn't even take a visit. Said he knows where he wants to go to school.
Great guy also!

It's just best I stay in my lane. I'm ok and can take the bashing.

MaroonFlounder
03-03-2023, 09:15 AM
Thanks, doesn't really bother me as much as my daughter. I've coached and played sports and understand the "arm chair" coaches. I understand the critics take and many times they can be right.
The thing with someone like Cade, he bleeds maroon, when he was being recruited he wouldn't even take a visit. Said he knows where he wants to go to school.
Great guy also!

I know Cade wanted to pitch last Friday, because he may be the most competitive guy we have.

I just question our coaches for putting him out there when it was obvious he was not feeling right.

Resulted in a blowout loss.

MaroonFlounder
03-03-2023, 09:18 AM

Looks like your rumor was also incorrect.

Saltydog
03-03-2023, 09:31 AM

Thanks for the update Base.....We need Cade and we need him healthy too....Hopefully he's back soon........

BTW, I feel your pain....I grew up in a family of coaches on both sides of my family......I've had to bite my tongue a lot over the years and that's usually not a strength of mine..........

Commercecomet24
03-03-2023, 09:49 AM

I had heard Cade was still not feeling well with URI and if anyone has had it this year it aint going away easy. I had the flu with URI about 3 weeks ago and I'm still coughing up crap and just starting to feel better. Praying he recovers quickly! And he's done a great job for us. I admire him for going out there and trying to help his team when he wasn't 100%. Team player. He's always seemed like a gutty competitor to me and he's gonna help us a ton this year. Hope he's back in the rotations soon.

Commercecomet24
03-03-2023, 09:51 AM
Great guy also!

Have some rep, Base!

basedog
03-03-2023, 09:53 AM
I had heard Cade was still not feeling well with URI and if anyone has had it this year it aint going away easy. I had the flu with URI about 3 weeks ago and I'm still coughing up crap and just starting to feel better. Praying he recovers quickly! And he's done a great job for us. I admire him for going out there and trying to help his team when he wasn't 100%. Team player. He's always seemed like a gutty competitor to me and he's gonna help us a ton this year. Hope he's back in the rotations soon.

Very competitive, very cool inside but don't let that fool you. LOL

I had some upper respiratory problems a few weeks ago as well. Just now getting over cough and fatigue. Weather has been crazy.

Commercecomet24
03-03-2023, 09:56 AM
Very competitive, very cool inside but don't let that fool you. LOL

I had some upper respiratory problems a few weeks ago as well. Just now getting over cough and fatigue. Weather has been crazy.

I love his demeanor on the mound and his presence. You can see the confidence and competitivness in him! Tell him we support him and hope he feels better soon!

State82
03-03-2023, 10:13 AM
Looks like your rumor was also incorrect.

Yeah that rumor did not age too well. If you make mental notes of all these so called "rumors" they rarely turn out to be true when all is said and done. Actually that one was not a rumor. It was stated as fact like so many on here. And they are usually wrong also.

PMDawg
03-03-2023, 10:55 AM
Great guy also!

Cade is a great pitcher. He had a bad outing, it happens. I don't know what Foxhall does/says to our pitchers, but something is going on that is leading to way too many walks across the entire pitching staff. I don't think it falls on the pitchers so much as it does him. That said, I expect Cade to bounce back and pound the strike zone all year.

Cooterpoot
03-03-2023, 11:12 AM
Cade was sick his last start. He'll be in the rotation unless AmbiLo just wipes out folks a couple starts. I don't care who starts. Just pitch it well.

Todd4State
03-03-2023, 11:21 AM
Cade was sick his last start. He'll be in the rotation unless AmbiLo just wipes out folks a couple starts. I don't care who starts. Just pitch it well.

He shouldn't have pitched at all with an upper respiratory infection.

662dawg
03-03-2023, 02:41 PM

I think the rotation ends up being Lo then to Dohm/Tapper on Friday nights, Cade then to Ynetma/Harding/Siary on Saturday & Gartman then to Pico/Davis/Gibbs/Dohm on Sunday. Of course Nixon closing them. Holcombe, Hunt, Stinnett & Cheatam when up/down big. And if Holcombe progresses like we hope & the freshmen continue on their current projectory this could be an explosive staff.

Loftin & wholesale relief staff during the week.

The Federalist Engineer
03-03-2023, 05:25 PM

There we go. He's alright, will be back, and we are all super happy to have Cade on the team.

Basebog, I think most folks on this board know that Cade is an elite National player. But we probably got some dudes on ED that get pretty catty.

basedog
03-03-2023, 05:57 PM
There we go. He's alright, will be back, and we are all super happy to have Cade on the team.

Basebog, I think most folks on this board know that Cade is an elite National player. But we probably got some dudes on ED that get pretty catty.

LOL but true. I get it's a message board and understand how fans can get. Let me add, I'm not gonna get into disagreements with what is said about Cade in message boards. I want was is best for him and MSU. Everyone has to earn their spot and playing time. I'm pretty hard core, ask my family, LOL.

Pancho
03-03-2023, 09:52 PM
hope when he comes back he can pitch and somehow make the catcher able to throw down and the others not commit errors then.