PDA

View Full Version : I hope everyone had a good time yesterday

Behrdawg
11-29-2013, 12:47 PM
My family is from Starkville and we gathered there together on Wednesday to celebrate Thanksgiving. My uncle from Texas was here as well as others from across the southeast. When we arrived Wednesday, my 6 year old son went to wake up Uncle Butch (he is retired and a late sleeper). My son walked into his room and found that he passed away during the night. For starters, it's a really tough subject to approach with a 6 year old. I've been very concerned about the traumatic experience he had. The second worst part was having to tell my cousin, my Uncle's son- that his father passed away in his sleep. He was a die hard MSU fan. He personally funded the "Hank Flick Scholarship" and the "Dr Lyell Behr" (my grandfather) scholarship. He also donated to multiple athletic programs. He was true maroon.

Last nights win was so very bittersweet for my family. I exchanged emails with my uncle on Monday and all he could talk about was seeing my son so he could give him a hug and how bad he wanted to win this eggbowl.

My reason for sharing this with the board is because he was a true Dawg. The man just loved this place and I'm willing to bet that there is someone on this board, if not several, that benefited from his generosity. During this Christmas season- hug your loved ones and never take them for granted. You never know when they will leave you.

Hail State!
And go to Hell Ole Miss...go to hell

Original48
11-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Man Behr...such a tough tough thing to go through. Prayers certainly go out to your family and especially your son.

TheRef
11-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Prayers to you and your family after such a loss. I'm thankful for donors like him for making our program and our University how it is now.

Ronny
11-29-2013, 01:40 PM
..in your time of grieving.

Such is the irionic cruel fate of life that your uncle, a huge MSU fan, passed away before he could witness one of the best Egg Bowls in history.

Coach 57
11-29-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry man. I will pray for you & your family. If you will inbox me your real name I will add you to my family & church's prayer list. God bless.

PassInterference
11-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Sorry to hear that, Behr. Prayers for your family.

TDawg52
11-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Man Behr, tough week.... Thoughts and prayers going up for you and your family. Sounds like he was True Maroon and left a wonderful legacy you all should be proud of!