PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys know about the Cowbells Bar vs Anthony Dixon situation?

CadaverDawg
04-21-2013, 01:59 PM
What a joke.

Dixon was denied entry to Cowbells Bar last night, and he tweeted about it. Cowbells sent a tweet back to him saying, "we're sorry you think you are more special than everyone else" or some shit like that. Apparently they were at capacity and didn't let him in.

This is what's wrong with Starkville. Do you think Ole Miss bars keep NFL players from getting in?

That shit needs to be brought to Mullen and Stricklins attention. They need to at least find out which bars are in support of MSU athletics and start getting "students" to direct recruiting and alumni traffic to specific bars. I hope everybody quits going to Cowbells and it shuts down bc of this shit. How embarrassing.

engie
04-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Yep -- Ridiculous.

Side note: Dixon was talking about opening his own bar in Starkville. Get him, McPhee, Fletcher, and ideally Smoot and some of the older guys to pool some money and BUY State Theater(not rent -- the overhead and maintenance is ridiculous). That would be the best possible thing that could happen for MSU football going forward -- and THAT bar would recruit for MSU...

CadaverDawg
04-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Yep -- Ridiculous.

Side note: Dixon was talking about opening his own bar in Starkville. Get him, McPhee, Fletcher, and ideally Smoot and some of the older guys to pool some money and BUY State Theater(not rent -- the overhead and maintenance is ridiculous). That would be the best possible thing that could happen for MSU football going forward -- and THAT bar would recruit for MSU...

Wow, that would be Huge. Please let this happen.

Coach34
04-21-2013, 02:16 PM
What a joke.

Dixon was denied entry to Cowbells Bar last night, and he tweeted about it. Cowbells sent a tweet back to him saying, "we're sorry you think you are more special than everyone else" or some shit like that. Apparently they were at capacity and didn't let him in.

but ummm Cowbells- he is

bluelightstar
04-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Cowbells is shit.

hailmari
04-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Cox & Boobie's.

Dallas_Dawg
04-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Cox & Boobie's.
That would be perfect...
I also agree with Boobie, **** Cowbells. I had a friend get jumped there and then dragged out by the bouncers and beaten. The bouncers all have bad attitudes and look to start fights. Will never set foot in that shit hole again

FlabLoser
04-21-2013, 07:00 PM
I've been retweeted by @Boobie24Dixon. My weekend is complete.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-21-2013, 07:16 PM
I dont have a big problem with this. Fire marshall is fire marshall. rick welch aint out to hurt msu. He is all about msu. Sorry Boobie didnt know the person to text to get snuck in from the back.

hailmari
04-21-2013, 07:18 PM
I've heard of this happening there. They truly are the type to spank it to Roadhouse. (Ron White joke)

FlabLoser
04-21-2013, 07:23 PM
I dont have a big problem with this. Fire marshall is fire marshall. rick welch aint out to hurt msu. He is all about msu. Sorry Boobie didnt know the person to text to get snuck in from the back.

They should made it happen. Politely ask somebody to leave so both the fire marshal and Boobie can be happy. Or keep a few spots open for VIPs.

This is not rocket science. Except is Starkville. We are Em State.

CadaverDawg
04-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Are you guys watching this on twitter? Ha, apparently Boobie could run for Mayor of Starkville and win.

One thing's for sure...This will end up being a good thing, because we will either get a new bar out of it, or we can at least be sure it will never happen again. Because nobody wants the kind of negative pub that @CowbellsSports is getting today.

MSUDawg4Life
04-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Are you guys watching this on twitter? Ha, apparently Boobie could run for Mayor of Starkville and win.

One thing's for sure...This will end up being a good thing, because we will either get a new bar out of it, or we can at least be sure it will never happen again. Because nobody wants the kind of negative pub that @CowbellsSports is getting today.

True.

Could get both.

Cowbells made a serious error in judgment here. Clubs and bars all over the world let in VIPs. Some of the most popular ones in places where VIPs hang out may have to define who is a VIP, but, in Starkville, Mississippi, Boobie Dixon is definitely a VIP.

Will James
04-21-2013, 11:24 PM
I wonder if this really will hurt them financially any? I know we wander there once a month or so but that's over now.

biscuit
04-22-2013, 07:57 AM
That place sucks....You ALWAYS let in former MSU football heros, great pub for the bar....what dumasses

dickiedawg
04-22-2013, 08:03 AM
I wonder if this really will hurt them financially any? I know we wander there once a month or so but that's over now.

Highly doubt it. The place was at capacity with a waiting list- not everyone hates it as much as our message board gurus, apparently. In a week, no one outside of the message board crowd will remember. They regret their decision, I'm sure, but it won't have any lasting impact.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-22-2013, 08:04 AM
exactly. This will impact cowbells ZERO. Of course, maybe it gets a new business in starkville if boobie pulls the trigger on opening his own place.

col. forbin
04-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Highly doubt it. The place was at capacity with a waiting list- not everyone hates it as much as our message board gurus, apparently. In a week, no one outside of the message board crowd will remember. They regret their decision, I'm sure, but it won't have any lasting impact.

I am willing to bet the only reason it was at capacity was because of all the scooba tech folks migrating over for SBW. Terrible bar and this will hurt business for sure.

With that said somebody should have opened up the back door for him to get in, we did it all the time at the old Mugs. You take care of your players.

fishwater99
04-22-2013, 02:05 PM
It's just stupid... Take him around back.

I wonder if it had been a white player, would they have let him in. Did they even know who he was?

WeWillScrewItUp
04-22-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm just curious how big his entourage was and if that played into the decision of not letting him slip in the through the back.

Goat Holder
04-22-2013, 03:22 PM
I wonder if it had been a white player, would they have let him in. Did they even know who he was?

Typically, it's liberals saying this type crap, but now it's me. Do you seriously think that there is discrimination going in Starkville in this day and age? REALLY?????

GTAdawg
04-22-2013, 07:18 PM
I've been followed by him, my weekend was more complete.

/one up'ed yah

mic
04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
If a PRO athlete wants to get in your bar he gets in period... Hell every bar out there no matter where Vegas, LA, NYC.. if you walk up with a MLB card which means you play or played in the bigs, you dont even have to be good, you get in bar for free and who ever is with you gets in as well unless its a ridiculous number. Cowbells dropped the ball big time..