PDA

View Full Version : Well, well. Josh Hubbard released from UM

State82
02-28-2023, 08:55 AM
He is re-opening his recruitment. Get after it Jans.

KentuckyDawg13
02-28-2023, 09:05 AM
Seriously, I don't know much about him other than he was the best player in MS and went to um. MSU usually gets those guys.

Leroy Jenkins
02-28-2023, 09:20 AM
You can fit everything I know about basketball on a postage stamp, but Im not worried about defense with Jans. We need guys who can score points and create their own shot. The all-time leading scorer in MS high school history is a good start.

ZedFedder
02-28-2023, 09:38 AM
https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1630559691351752707

Dude can absolutely hoop. Get him now!

Thick
02-28-2023, 09:57 AM
He?s a baller, checks every box we need!

KentuckyDawg13
02-28-2023, 09:58 AM
Based on the article below, it seems he can play both ways. Usually offensive minded players struggle with intense D, see KeShawn Murphy.

https://www.on3.com/college/ole-miss-rebels/news/josh-hubbard-receives-nli-release-from-ole-miss-after-kermit-davis-firing/

Medic601
02-28-2023, 10:08 AM
Doesn?t Dampiers son still play at MRA under Duease and if I remember correctly, Eric helps out some coaching. Maybe that would help in the recruiting.

confucius say
02-28-2023, 10:22 AM
Doesn?t Dampiers son still play at MRA under Duease and if I remember correctly, Eric helps out some coaching. Maybe that would help in the recruiting.

Yes. Erick jr is in 7th grade and is 6'6"

Goldendawg
02-28-2023, 12:50 PM
He?s a baller, checks every box we need!

Did he get much playing time on a terrible OM team this year. I didn't keep up with them.

MaroonFlounder
02-28-2023, 12:53 PM
Did he get much playing time on a terrible OM team this year. I didn't keep up with them.

He's still in High School (MRA)

Goldendawg
02-28-2023, 12:55 PM
He's still in High School (MRA)

Thanks much. My bad.

Thick
02-28-2023, 01:07 PM
He broke the all time scoring record held by our very own Robert Woodard.

shoeless joe
02-28-2023, 01:40 PM
He broke the all time scoring record held by our very own Robert Woodard.

I’m sure he’s an outstanding player, but who all does MRA play on their schedule? The one picture I’ve seen of him playing didn’t lead me to believe he played against the states top athletes.

Not questioning his overall game or skills, just questioning whether his scoring record is as impressive as it sounds on the surface.

SPMT
02-28-2023, 01:43 PM
I?m sure he?s an outstanding player, but who all does MRA play on their schedule? The one picture I?ve seen of him playing didn?t lead me to believe he played against the states top athletes.

Not questioning his overall game or skills, just questioning whether his scoring record is as impressive as it sounds on the surface.

He?s pretty legit

shoeless joe
02-28-2023, 01:47 PM
He?s pretty legit

Not saying he’s not. Im just asking what kind of competition they played that may have helped him get the scoring record. Gotta put the ball thru the hoop either way. And I have zero clue who all MRA plays during a typical season.

Patrick Tibbons
02-28-2023, 01:53 PM
I?m sure he?s an outstanding player, but who all does MRA play on their schedule? The one picture I?ve seen of him playing didn?t lead me to believe he played against the states top athletes.

Biloxi
Gulfport
Starkville
Tupelo
Yazoo City
D?Iberville
Harrison Central

Richard Duease schedules tough every year. They usually go to an out of state tournament every year too. I know they played teams out of GA and Philadelphia, PA this year.

Let?s not act like he broke this scoring record playing REBUL Academy and Woodland Hills Academy 4 times a year.

shoeless joe
02-28-2023, 01:55 PM
Biloxi
Gulfport
Starkville
Tupelo
Yazoo City
D?Iberville

Richard Duease schedules tough every year. They usually go to an out of state tournament every year too. I know they played teams out of GA and Philadelphia, PA this year.

Let?s not act like he broke this scoring record playing REBUL Academy and Woodland Hills Academy 4 times a year.

This is why I asked. I don’t know who they played.

ETA: after a quick search they must have played the teams you mentioned before Dec 30th. Cuz after that it pretty much looks like he did…

StarkVegasSteve
02-28-2023, 01:55 PM
Not saying he’s not. Im just asking what kind of competition they played that may have helped him get the scoring record. Gotta put the ball thru the hoop either way. And I have zero clue who all MRA plays during a typical season.

He plays on the AAU circuit in the summer. That's why he's as highly recruited as he is. He played against DJ Wagner, Bronny James, Isaiah Collier, and Ron Holland. What he does against little Johnny from East Rankin doesn't matter. No different than a lot of these prep school kids.

BankerDog
02-28-2023, 01:59 PM
He plays on the AAU circuit in the summer. That's why he's as highly recruited as he is. He played against DJ Wagner, Bronny James, Isaiah Collier, and Ron Holland. What he does against little Johnny from East Rankin doesn't matter. No different than a lot of these prep school kids.

Hey don?t hate on East Rankin..Mag Heights is a better example..

shoeless joe
02-28-2023, 02:23 PM

Not bashing the kid. I don’t believe for a second he’s being recruited highly because he’s the state scoring champ. But it’s been repeated on here a few times like it’s the main reason we would want him. I want him if he helps us win not because he padded stats against hillcrest.

Thick
02-28-2023, 02:49 PM
He?s better right now then what we have currently.

StarkVegasSteve
02-28-2023, 03:08 PM
Hey don?t hate on East Rankin..Mag Heights is a better example..

We are more of a baseball school anyways.

ZedFedder
02-28-2023, 04:50 PM
Paul Jones with the 9 confidence CB to the good guys.

Cowbell
02-28-2023, 05:03 PM
We are going to have to put out a watch for seven if this works out. He is gonna be on a high of unreal Proportions.

lastmajordog
02-28-2023, 05:20 PM
Eric D had ALL the tools, but he also had the Wiley Peck attitude......He Owned the paint......just an incredible player if memory serves....

CaptainObvious
03-01-2023, 07:50 PM
Hubbard says he ?loves? ole miss and will wait to see who they hire before closing any doors.

wrapit
03-01-2023, 07:57 PM
He is re-opening his recruitment. Get after it Jans.

nm

NCMSTFAN
03-02-2023, 06:08 AM
In years past we typically always got the State's best high school players: Rodney Hood, Renardo Sidney (via California) Malik Newman, Mario Kegler, Quinndary Weatherspoon, Robert Woodard etc...

This is a chance for Jans to show he can recruit, we were supposedly in the running to get him along with Ole Miss, 247 had it 50/50.. hopefully Jans can go get him, we need scoring and he can do that