PDA

View Full Version : Our fans are WAY to quick on baseball.

cheewgumm
02-25-2023, 10:53 AM
We are going to be pretty good.

We have some really good pieces. Lemonis has to figure out who to play, but we have talent and they will come around.

I think it?s good to put pressure on Lemonis as he is not going to have a choice but to play who has to play for us to win.

However, to think he won?t do it is a mistake imo.

Mjoelner34
02-25-2023, 11:04 AM
So a year and 6 games is WAY quick? Ok.

Cowbell
02-25-2023, 11:12 AM
So a year and 6 games is WAY quick? Ok.

6 games into a baseball season is a little fast to want to fire a coach that won a natty two years prior

Lord McBuckethead
02-25-2023, 11:21 AM
Disagree. 6 games tells you a lot. First, in our loses we are not competitive. We allow subpar pitchers look like Cy Young out there. We are not smart in the batters box, and everyone looks to be in it for themselves as in swinging for the fence when a single would do what needs to be done. Then there area the obvious areas that have been known for a long time.... Lane is almost a total bust at the plate and now in the field.

Pitching, they can't 17n throw strikes. Yesterday it felt as if our pitcher were behind in the count, as in first pitch called ball, in like 20 hitters in a row. They scored 13 runs on 9 Fn hits. And this isn't the only time this has happened. Errors extending innings on routine plays. Seriously, that is coaching and execution. No other team we have played, including the amazing blue blood team VMI (who is from an area in the country where they do not get many outside practice days leading up to the opening series) has exhibited anything close to the 17n SUCK we have shown. We cannot field. We cannot pitch to contact for easy outs. We consistently spend 30+ pitches in the first damn inning. Other than short periods of time, our hitters are not making solid consistent contact. We have a catcher that cannot throw out a little leaguer. We have another catcher that has issues blocking the plate. The left side of our infield has a total of 10 errors, 3 of which mysteriously disappeared from the official scoresheet.

Here it is. Here is the summary. We are not applying any pressure on the opposing team. Not hitting and definitely not pitching.

Bunch of Pussies out there.

Lord McBuckethead
02-25-2023, 11:23 AM
And when I mean a bunch of pu$sies out there, I mean no one other than our freshmen have a nut sack.

99jc
02-25-2023, 11:34 AM

We have some really good pieces. Lemonis has to figure out who to play, but we have talent and they will come around.

I think it?s good to put pressure on Lemonis as he is not going to have a choice but to play who has to play for us to win.

chew less gum watch more games

parabrave
02-25-2023, 11:38 AM
Disagree. 6 games tells you a lot. First, in our loses we are not competitive. We allow subpar pitchers look like Cy Young out there. We are not smart in the batters box, and everyone looks to be in it for themselves as in swinging for the fence when a single would do what needs to be done. Then there area the obvious areas that have been known for a long time.... Lane is almost a total bust at the plate and now in the field.

Pitching, they can't 17n throw strikes. Yesterday it felt as if our pitcher were behind in the count, as in first pitch called ball, in like 20 hitters in a row. They scored 13 runs on 9 Fn hits. And this isn't the only time this has happened. Errors extending innings on routine plays. Seriously, that is coaching and execution. No other team we have played, including the amazing blue blood team VMI (who is from an area in the country where they do not get many outside practice days leading up to the opening series) has exhibited anything close to the 17n SUCK we have shown. We cannot field. We cannot pitch to contact for easy outs. We consistently spend 30+ pitches in the first damn inning. Other than short periods of time, our hitters are not making solid consistent contact. We have a catcher that cannot throw out a little leaguer. We have another catcher that has issues blocking the plate. The left side of our infield has a total of 10 errors, 3 of which mysteriously disappeared from the official scoresheet.

Here it is. Here is the summary. We are not applying any pressure on the opposing team. Not hitting and definitely not pitching.

Bunch of Pussies out there.

And this is a continuation from last year. BTW about the Pitching Coach and his developmental skills about every pitcher he has coach has regressed instead of progressed. It maybe the changing strikezone or the inconsistency of strikezones, which is worse, but its his job to teach the kids how to adapt to that. And apparently he isn't doing that. BTW the same thing is happening in the minors with the computerized SZ and it's affecting pitchers there also.

Todd4State
02-25-2023, 11:38 AM
Why would the guys who haven't been performing change at this point?

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 11:46 AM

You don't give them a chance to change. You bench their ass and then you cut them. But our coach wants to pat them on the back and tell them to try again tomorrow. This is college baseball. If they can't hack it, which a majority can't, you cut their ass. It's not a hard thing to figure out.

Cowbell
02-25-2023, 11:52 AM

Why would we suck in an SEC tournament just to turn around and lose only two games total in the rest of the postseason, not giving up an entire error in the CWS

Cowbell
02-25-2023, 11:54 AM
You don't give them a chance to change. You bench their ass and then you cut them. But our coach wants to pat them on the back and tell them to try again tomorrow. This is college baseball. If they can't hack it, which a majority can't, you cut their ass. It's not a hard thing to figure out.

This same mentally would have benched Kellum Clark last weekend instead of playing him the next day and him hitting two bombs that were the ultimate jumpstart we needed. Wasn't it you that overreacted and made that statement last week?

SaintDawg
02-25-2023, 11:58 AM
We have one of the most well educated fanbases when it comes to baseball. Moreso than any other sport I would argue. We know shit when we see it. If they were anywhere close to their worth, these coaches should have had the aforethought to know what they were losing after the Natty season and taken the steps to have equal caliber players and plans in place. Additionally, they are well aware of the responsibilty that they owe the school, the fans and the players themselves to coach and develop a quality team on the field. They have failed and done so in spectacular fashion.

I’m not mad about the losses. It’s how we lose and there is no excuse for it. We all had the wool pulled over our eyes and we bought it all. The whole thing and the Natty was the bow on top. Some would say Cohen knew it was coming and left for AU because of it. We are seeing what these coaches really are. Do-nothing hacks riding on the coatails of what others before them put together. Cue the posters that will say I dont know what I’m talking about. I know for a fact many of you share the same opinion. I wanted Lemonis to be the guy. I really did, but he isnt.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 12:01 PM
This same mentally would have benched Kellum Clark last weekend instead of playing him the next day and him hitting two bombs that were the ultimate jumpstart we needed. Wasn't it you that overreacted and made that statement last week?

Yep. It was. And I'll continue to do it because more times than not I'm going to be right. And if I'm not then that's great too because it means their playing better. Also, what kind of jumpstart did he give us exactly? We didn't blow it open until the 8th and he had no part in that except a walk.

Offshore Dawg
02-25-2023, 12:08 PM
And this is a continuation from last year. BTW about the Pitching Coach and his developmental skills about every pitcher he has coach has regressed instead of progressed. It maybe the changing strikezone or the inconsistency of strikezones, which is worse, but its his job to teach the kids how to adapt to that. And apparently he isn't doing that. BTW the same thing is happening in the minors with the computerized SZ and it's affecting pitchers there also.
About time they stopped calling a pitch in the opposite batters box a strike.

Cowbell
02-25-2023, 12:10 PM
Yep. It was. And I'll continue to do it because more times than not I'm going to be right. And if I'm not then that's great too because it means they're playing better. Also, what kind of jumpstart did he give us exactly? We didn't blow it open until the 8th and he had no part in that except a walk.
Hitting is contagious and it started with him. No different than the TA effect.

It's easy to say you would be right when you have an imaginary bench full of better ball players.

Dawgface
02-25-2023, 12:12 PM
We suck. It?s not turning around.

cheewgumm
02-25-2023, 12:31 PM
Hahah.

?I?ve seen 6 games. I?ve seen enough!?

cheewgumm
02-25-2023, 12:41 PM
Our fans also think they know everything about baseball.

They don?t.

They?re just as dumb and emotional as all other fans.

Mjoelner34
02-25-2023, 12:53 PM
Hahah.

?I?ve seen 6 games. I?ve seen enough!?

So we're just to dismiss a pitching staff that led the SEC in walks and HR's allowed last year and are continuing that trend through 6 games this year?

CaptainObvious
02-25-2023, 01:05 PM

They don?t.

Spoken like a person who?s son or grandson is one of the crappy players who should be playing in JUCO or American Legion. We coddle 8-12 year old baseball players. We don?t coddle 18-22 year old baseball players who are old enough to vote or fight in a war. They are men now. Not kids as Polk likes to call them.

Activated Alpha
02-25-2023, 01:06 PM

They don?t.

How would you feel if our football program kept throwing multiple interceptions in a game or made numerous defensive blunders? What about if our football program lost to Milsaps or MC? People who follow and watch our baseball program can get a genuine feel of how the season will play out by how we perform in these games. I can tell you that we are shite, but do have bright spots in our young players

Goldendawg
02-25-2023, 01:10 PM
So we're just to dismiss a pitching staff that led the SEC in walks and HR's allowed last year and are continuing that trend through 6 games this year?

Don't know near as much about baseball as many of you guys as I last played in 7th grade in 1968, but even I can see these two things are bad.

cheewgumm
02-25-2023, 01:18 PM
?Too?.

Anyway. I think Lemonis (due to the heat) will be forced to try everything (play different people, etc) to put us in the best spot.

That is good.

We had a down year last year no doubt. And I agree we should Put pressure on him and he has to perform.

However, 6 games in is not enough to know yet.

I agree losing the games we have is disgusting but they can still turn it around and there are a LOT of bright spots.

I can see the potential. You can too if you just open your eyes.

Coursesuper
02-25-2023, 01:27 PM

I think there is good reason for a great deal of concern among the fan base and alumni. What has been seen so far is a continuation of a garbage year from before with almost no signs of improvement clearly visible. Is this a result of coaching changes back to back to back, or is this a misappropriation of limited NIL funds, or missed evaluation of talent / just poor coaching, maybe to all of the above. But what is evident is that what is being exhibited is not fixed by honing an already sharp edge. There are massive issues to rectify. And this isn?t an easy or quick fix.

starkvegasdawg
02-25-2023, 01:36 PM
Lemonis has to figure out who to play, but we have talent and they will come around.

If only there was some time set aside for coaches to evaluate who can play and who can't. An opportunity when the players could...practice the skills required to play baseball at the college level and our coaches evaluate their performances, and then based on those performances, decide who should play in games.

State82
02-25-2023, 01:43 PM
6 games into a baseball season is a little fast to want to fire a coach that won a natty two years prior
It is NOT 6 games. It is an ENTIRE season plus 6 games. Same soup just a different bowl with different, consecutive years stamped on the bottom.

Todd4State
02-25-2023, 01:48 PM

Problem is we can't replace them because of the NCAA 35 man roster rules for this season. So we might as well keep them around.

Todd4State
02-25-2023, 01:50 PM
Why would we suck in an SEC tournament just to turn around and lose only two games total in the rest of the postseason, not giving up an entire error in the CWS

That was two years ago with almost completely different players.

One of those two games we lost was because Foxhall decided to put in Stinnett instead of Sims but thankfully it worked out in the end.

parabrave
02-25-2023, 02:05 PM
If only there was some time set aside for coaches to evaluate who can play and who can't. An opportunity when the players could...practice the skills required to play baseball at the college level and our coaches evaluate their performances, and then based on those performances, decide who should play in games.

Isn't that what Fall Ball is for?

Ranchdawg
02-25-2023, 02:14 PM
Yes we have some pieces to be a good team. Don?t won?t argue that. But we also have a screwed up hitting philosophy. The same problem as last year. Our fielding is atrocious to be this level of baseball. Our pitching has this year and last year thrown way too many walks not challenged the zone how many pass balls did we have last year. Give me one example of a pitcher that truly developed last year and this year. We look terrible with a broad brush. We look totally unprepared.

My question with all the above listed who?s fault is it? One and only one IMO Lemonis. We are paying top dollar for sub par coaching. That should never happen

DownwardDawg
02-25-2023, 02:48 PM

They don?t.

State baseball fans are very educated on baseball. We have a smart baseball fanbase.

DownwardDawg
02-25-2023, 02:51 PM
Isn't that what Fall Ball is for?

That was his point. The sarcasm was thick in that post.

BuckyIsAB****
02-25-2023, 02:55 PM
Name one player who has gotten better under this staff. I will wait. We dont compete. We dont do anything consistent with except be cute. 5-17 in our last 22 and there have been several that are all time low losses. One of them the worst defeat in the history of the program. These kids have quit responding to this staff

Lord McBuckethead
02-25-2023, 03:29 PM
At some point, the staff has to lay down the law. Hell, only play freshmen and the new transfers.

CoachT14
02-25-2023, 03:52 PM
We have one of the most well educated fanbases when it comes to baseball. Moreso than any other sport I would argue. We know shit when we see it. If they were anywhere close to their worth, these coaches should have had the aforethought to know what they were losing after the Natty season and taken the steps to have equal caliber players and plans in place. Additionally, they are well aware of the responsibilty that they owe the school, the fans and the players themselves to coach and develop a quality team on the field. They have failed and done so in spectacular fashion.

I?m not mad about the losses. It?s how we lose and there is no excuse for it. We all had the wool pulled over our eyes and we bought it all. The whole thing and the Natty was the bow on top. Some would say Cohen knew it was coming and left for AU because of it. We are seeing what these coaches really are. Do-nothing hacks riding on the coatails of what others before them put together. Cue the posters that will say I dont know what I?m talking about. I know for a fact many of you share the same opinion. I wanted Lemonis to be the guy. I really did, but he isnt.

Fans in general are stupid. Ours are no different. No fan has any idea the time and effort put in by coaches to actually succeed. If you?ve never actually coached at a high school level or higher then it?s pretty arrogant of you to actually act like you know more. I don?t show up at your job telling you how to do it.

Now this isn?t to say that all coaches are perfect and do their jobs or specifically Lemonis. There are plenty who are lazy and don?t put in the time and effort. Simply saying that, it?s easy to sit behind a message board or the fence and criticize when it?s not your ass on the line.

There?s obviously a ton of issues going on here. I nor you know them. But we can easily discuss them. That?s what this place is for.

Trust me, I know plenty of coaches who deserve every bit of critical word sent their way. But there are plenty who don?t.

Santiago
02-25-2023, 03:59 PM
We saw an entire season of pitchers not able to throw strikes, walking every inning. We are picked last in the preseason SEC West for a reason, and we should not be in this situation.
So far, this season is worst in pitching and defense than last year.

Seems only if we pitch the freshmen, and the transfer pitcher can we have a chance.

SaintDawg
02-25-2023, 04:38 PM
Fans in general are stupid. Ours are no different. No fan has any idea the time and effort put in by coaches to actually succeed. If you?ve never actually coached at a high school level or higher then it?s pretty arrogant of you to actually act like you know more. I don?t show up at your job telling you how to do it.

Now this isn?t to say that all coaches are perfect and do their jobs or specifically Lemonis. There are plenty who are lazy and don?t put in the time and effort. Simply saying that, it?s easy to sit behind a message board or the fence and criticize when it?s not your ass on the line.

There?s obviously a ton of issues going on here. I nor you know them. But we can easily discuss them. That?s what this place is for.

Trust me, I know plenty of coaches who deserve every bit of critical word sent their way. But there are plenty who don?t.

There’s the push back I was waiting on. I knew someone would bite. Our fans are stupid? You had to have coached to know what you’re talking about? It is easy to sit on a message board and criticize. That’s what its for. Season ticket holders and others pay thousands of dollars and drive thousands of miles in a season and expect a good team to be put out there to play. When it doesn’t happen we have a right to complain and raise hell. These coaches deserve every bit of hell coming their way. But since you have “coach” in your handle, you must know more. I’ll just go 17 myself. Our fanbase isnt stupid.

RockyDog
02-25-2023, 05:59 PM
We have one of the most well educated fanbases when it comes to baseball.

Not really. We have a fan base that thinks they know more than the club coach and that the team will make Omaha every year.

MoreCowbell
02-25-2023, 06:09 PM

I am usually not one to jump the gun this early but we really do suck. At least our pitching does. I mean no disrespect because I know he has family that post on here but our Friday night guy is maybe a midweek starter for most SEC teams