PDA

View Full Version : While we are all eating crow- Nikoe Whitley

Todd4State
11-29-2013, 11:43 AM
I know there were some fans that wanted him benched. But the reality is he is a lot like Ty'ran Mathieu when he was at LSU. He is a bull in a china cabinet. And sometimes he is going to get a personal foul- but sometimes he is going to make a big play. This is the second week in a row where he has saved us near the goal line.

You have to take the good with the bad from him.

SheltonChoked
11-29-2013, 11:46 AM
I too. Shall eat my crow gladly.

I was done with Nikoe, but he has played well the past few weeks. Graduated Early, Working on his masters, and delayed surgery to benefit the team. He is still one of the great what if's, but he is true maroon.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2013, 11:48 AM
I know there were some fans that wanted him benched. But the reality is he is a lot like Ty'ran Mathieu when he was at LSU. He is a bull in a china cabinet. And sometimes he is going to get a personal foul- but sometimes he is going to make a big play. This is the second week in a row where he has saved us near the goal line.

You have to take the good with the bad from him.
He is also playing on one good knee because he loves this team. Just like people giving Tyler hell for coming out of the Bama game, you dont know the whole story. Nikoe and Tyler gave everything they had for this team.

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm eating a big plate of it right now. I had no idea that he's been battling a knee injury all year long. Props to him.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-29-2013, 11:57 AM
I was about to make this thread. He deserves much more than our fan base gave him, but then again no one knew he needed knee surgery until last night. His knee has probably been bummed all season and the fact that he a) turned down surgery until after the season and b) remained serviceable with the bummed knee should get him a great deal of respect from us.

SignalToNoise
11-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Yep two consecutive weeks of nikoe crow for me.

Those were big time plays.

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2013, 12:07 PM
A lot of us have been critical of the way Mullen has handled the whole SR vs underclassman personnel decisions. Some of those have been legit, and some haven't.

Having been a SR on a team whose coach gave up on a group to "build for next year" - nothing sucks worse. Mullen didn't give up on those guys when a lot of us did, and it paid off these last few weeks.

ckDOG
11-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Crow be tasty.