PDA

View Full Version : Apathy

KOdawg1
02-25-2023, 12:00 AM
Am I still going to watch tomorrow? Sure.

Am I still going to go to some games when I can? You bet.

But after the season we had last year and now the start we've had this year, this is the least interested/excited I've been about watching Mississippi State baseball in a long time. Hope we can turn it around, but damn, this is ugly.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 12:03 AM
I'm not. I doubt will attend a game until Lemonis is inevitably fired. I may watch one here or there, but I doubt I'll follow very closely. It's a lot to drive from Dallas in the first place, and I sure as hell am not driving to sit there and watch that crap they put on the field.

KOdawg1
02-25-2023, 12:04 AM
I'm not. I doubt will attend a game until Lemonis is inevitably fired. I may watch one here or there, but I doubt I'll follow very closely. It's a lot to drive from Dallas in the first place, and I sure as hell am not driving to sit there and watch that crap they put on the field.

Understandable

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 12:07 AM
Understandable

And the real crappy part is that my ass will be in the stands next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Frisco, TX watching this team. Not because I necessarily want to, but I seriously doubt I could pay someone to take the tickets at this point.

BuckyIsAB****
02-25-2023, 08:19 AM
Its time

basedog
02-25-2023, 08:31 AM
I've probably seen more baseball games than most on ED, going all the way back to Coach Gregory days in very early 70's. No doubt this team so far looks about as bad fundamentally as any I've ever seen. Yesterday was a bad day, I was surprised what I was watching. No doubt, leadership is lacking.

Maroonthirteen
02-25-2023, 10:13 AM
I was just thinking. Lots of freshman are playing. But by the time they take their lumps but get better and better .... should be plenty of tickets for those that waited to see the awesome soph/junior year this class will have.

DawgFromOxford
02-25-2023, 10:19 AM
I was just thinking. Lots of freshman are playing. But by the time they take their lumps but get better and better .... should be plenty of tickets for those that waited to see the awesome soph/junior year this class will have.

This is assuming they stick around. For all we know in todays world of sports is that they could jump ship tomorrow and play for another school thanks to transfer rules and NIL

tcdog70
02-25-2023, 10:55 AM
I've probably seen more baseball games than most on ED, going all the way back to Coach Gregory days in very early 70's. No doubt this team so far looks about as bad fundamentally as any I've ever seen. Yesterday was a bad day, I was surprised what I was watching. No doubt, leadership is lacking.

I too go back to Gregory—what this team lacks is Pitching. I’ll admit-our defense so far has been sub-par.. we have on field talent, although we need some coaching up.but until we find pitchers that will throw strikes, I’m afraid we will continue to suck.

Goldendawg
02-25-2023, 11:44 AM
Build it, (The Dude), and they, (opponents), will come, (and usually beat the crap out of us at this time). How in the world do you drop from National Champs to this in barely over one season? Cohen shot off his smartest guy in the room big mouth and by no means hired a coach for the long haul. No one fears to play us the last year and the few games this season. Got a nice place to play though, and plenty of seats available if this keeps up.

Dawgface
02-25-2023, 12:15 PM
I?m watching roller derby today. Won?t waste my time watching MSU baseball

Goldendawg
02-25-2023, 12:33 PM
I?m watching roller derby today. Won?t waste my time watching MSU baseball

Make sure it's the movie with Raquel Welch, (RIP). Sports entertainment at its best!