PDA

View Full Version : I'll say it:

War Machine Dawg
02-24-2023, 09:38 PM
Foxhall has to go. Outside of the two freshmen, this pitching staff is a disaster. Time to find out how much Lemonis really wants it. Fire Foxhall and hire a PC who knows what he's doing or GTFO. What you did two years ago was two years ago. This is MSU baseball, not MSU football. Expectations are, and should be, different.

Pinto
02-24-2023, 09:44 PM
IMO you get rid of one, you have to get rid of all 3.

Cooterpoot
02-24-2023, 09:50 PM
It really does suck to be right about Foxhall. But you could see this coming.
I've defended Lemo, but he better get shit straight, because he's looking pretty bad too right now.
We suck! And this year, there aren't injuries to blame. Just coaches and players.

TNDawg35
02-24-2023, 09:55 PM
IMO you get rid of one, you have to get rid of all 3.

Shit Gotro has actually done a decent job so far. We brought in good hitters. He can’t help we are down double digits before the offense even gets a chance.

At very least, Foxhall should be gone. Lemonis is on the hot seat officially. You go out and get a pitching coach as good as we possibly can no matter the money. I don’t care if we have to take it from Tulu. Just do it.

Then you start sitting some of these guys who don’t give a shit and start the youth movement. Play for the future.

Dawghouse
02-24-2023, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure you'll get a suitable pitching coach to come here under Lemo. They have to know it's a one year get it done or you're all fired type deal. Same as forcing a coach to hire a new OC. Rarely turns out ok.

Might be better off cleaning house.

Todd4State
02-24-2023, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure you'll get a suitable pitching coach to come here under Lemo. They have to know it's a one year get it done or you're all fired type deal. Same as forcing a coach to hire a new OC. Rarely turns out ok.

Coaches don't think like that. I don't think Lemonis would be a lame duck if we fired Foxhall.

Homedawg
02-24-2023, 11:09 PM
Shit Gotro has actually done a decent job so far. We brought in good hitters. He can’t help we are down double digits before the offense even gets a chance.

At very least, Foxhall should be gone. Lemonis is on the hot seat officially. You go out and get a pitching coach as good as we possibly can no matter the money. I don’t care if we have to take it from Tulu. Just do it.

Then you start sitting some of these guys who don’t give a shit and start the youth movement. Play for the future.

I like goat, like fox. But to play along, why does goat get a pass? We got 6 hits. We shit the bed tuesday against shitty pitching. We didn't have a good offense last year and didn't have injuries .... so he gets a pass??and trust me I'm a huge goat fan.

BuckyIsAB****
02-24-2023, 11:37 PM
Football hasnt been this bad in a long long time. Our football team has 10x the nuts this bunch has

OBDawg
02-24-2023, 11:55 PM
They are just taking on the identity of their coach. He is super anxious at all times in the dugout and it shows. The players are only as confident as their coach and he just doesn't demonstrate confidence. I have been teaching and stress and anxiety recovery strategies for 15 years and have worked with numerous college athletes and even more former athletes. They all have similar personalities and are very driven but don't have any strategies to calm down the nervous system. I reached out to Lemonis a few years ago and he said the sports psychologists handled that. Cohen did have them email me but they suggested they had it covered. Cbt alone won't cut it. You have use healthy self talk but also understand the physiology of how to calm the nervous system down. I can assure you No one on staff, including any of our sports psychologist, know how to teach that very effectively. Saban brings his in from outside. They are not on staff.

Homedawg
02-24-2023, 11:56 PM
Football hasnt been this bad in a long long time. Our football team has 10x the nuts this bunch has

It's two totally different games.

CaptainObvious
02-24-2023, 11:59 PM
In the words of Ron White: ? BULL SHI ITE!!!!?

This is Lemonis Turd! If he doesn?t get this turned around THIS year, he needs to be coaching an 8 year old coach pitch team next year. I don?t know how many times I have to emphasize this but one more damn time: Lemonis won in 21 with somebody else?s players. No way to give him any credit more than Bednar figuring crap out the last half of the season and I sure as crap ain?t giving Lemonis credit for that!! There are numerous case examples of coaches in every sport having great success with the previous guys players! Everybody here knows that unless you are under 16 years old!

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 12:02 AM
Coaches don't think like that. I don't think Lemonis would be a lame duck if we fired Foxhall.

He would be. I've been trying to tell you this crap for almost a week. STOP DEFENDING THE FATASS ON THE BUCKET. HE IS THE PROBLEM. Foxhall is a part of the problem, but he isn't the main problem. Tonight in that press conference summed it all up. He said they didn't need to be yelled and screamed at. Hell yes they did. They needed to be dog cussed like Cohen used to do. Put their ass on the steps on the dugout, kick every kid out of stadium, and dog cuss them. Every last one of them. Cause I can guarantee you if John Cohen was stilll AD he would've done it. And then he would've dog cussed the coaches. He did a lot wrong, but this shit wouldn't have flown with him.

Cowbell
02-25-2023, 12:18 AM
He would be. I've been trying to tell you this crap for almost a week. STOP DEFENDING THE FATASS ON THE BUCKET. HE IS THE PROBLEM. Foxhall is a part of the problem, but he isn't the main problem. Tonight in that press conference summed it all up. He said they didn't need to be yelled and screamed at. Hell yes they did. They needed to be dog cussed like Cohen used to do. Put their ass on the steps on the dugout, kick every kid out of stadium, and dog cuss them. Every last one of them. Cause I can guarantee you if John Cohen was stilll AD he would've done it. And then he would've dog cussed the coaches. He did a lot wrong, but this shit wouldn't have flown with him.

Yet what did he win...

CaptainObvious
02-25-2023, 12:18 AM
I?m wondering if Selmon even gives a big enough crap about baseball to have a sit down with Lemonis. This might have to go to the President to say this crap is unacceptable. I was at the game and I am literally embarrassed by what I witnessed. There was a point I thought we could have the umpire place the ball on a Tee for ASU and we would have a better chance of getting them out. Think about it. Our supposed BEST two pitchers gave up 8 walks, 1 hit batter, 8 hits, had 3 bad defensive plays behind them, 2 of which the damn score keeper gave hits on, and 13 runs in their 5 plus innings of work.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 12:21 AM
Yet what did he win...

You could argue he won a national championship. Almost half those players were recruited by him. But enlighten me how Gene Chizik of college baseball is a better coach.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 12:25 AM
https://twitter.com/BaseballCentraI/status/1327069676862644231?s=20

For anyone asking....this is what we want to see. Like show some intensity. Act like you give a F that we're paying you 7 figures to coach baseball.

CaptainObvious
02-25-2023, 12:30 AM
Yet what did he win...

He built most of the team that fat Louie won a championship with. Swinger Loverboy Cannizaro built the rest of it. Lemonis deserves little to no credit for what happened in 2021. Remember 2020 before the season was cancelled. We had a couple or three of these WTF losses to fall to 6-4 before they beat a couple of patsies and then found a horseshoe up their ass in Biloxi against Texas Tech in 2 games to get to what, 10-4 before the season was shut down. Who else coaches from the dang ball bucket that has real success? Corbin coaches 3rd base. Doesn?t Vitello coach a base. Most head coaches are standing on the dugout steps watching every pitch and sending some sort of signal to the other coaches and players. Heck! I wish Lemonis was sexting a girlfriend in the dugout. It might explain why our guys play and pitch so crappy!
Give me a sexting recruiting asshole every time over the crap I see. He acts like he is surprised at the suckage when he walks to the mound to take the baseball. I guarantee you tonight, KC Hunt was ready for him to come get his butt long before he did. KC gave up. He knew he couldn?t get a strike past them. He just looked defeated on the mound from the time he got out there.

TNDawg35
02-25-2023, 12:33 AM
I like goat, like fox. But to play along, why does goat get a pass? We got 6 hits. We shit the bed tuesday against shitty pitching. We didn't have a good offense last year and didn't have injuries .... so he gets a pass??and trust me I'm a huge goat fan.

I tend to agree with you, and to be honest I wanted Gotro gone last year. we have way too many games where the opposing pitcher gets to throw 80 pitches and win. Hell how many times have we been no hit to break it up in the 7/8th innings.

We missed our opportunity to hire Schloss. He would have made us a legit contender year in and year out. Right now, if you fire Lemonis, I'm not really sure who you look at unless you can lure Vitello away. Godwin isn't leaving ECU, Schloss is set at A&M, I don't want Butch, FSU got the ND coach, so do you realistically go for....

The days of having a young team mature is over. The portal is making where you go to the lower ranks and get the best players to reload and do it quickly or get passed up. We are very young, but getting passed up by literally everyone. We should have completely retooled our bullpen and starters last year. You throw the book at the 2 USM pitchers and then you go get another one or let Cade take that spot. (Honestly though, why would any pitcher come here under Foxhall) Then you could get the freshmen feet wet in the midweek and slowly get them ready for the run at the end.

Todd4State
02-25-2023, 01:12 AM

No he is not THE problem. The only way he is part of the problem is because he brought Foxhall back and IF he won't get rid of him. Which I believe he will when he has to. Which hopefully will be sooner than later. Lemonis will be on the hot seat next year if this continues with a different pitching coach. Which as long as we make a good solid hire - it won't. So no I'm not totally defending him.

Yelling at this team really won't help. That isn't the solution. This team has talent and isn't being developed on the mound at all. Yelling at them isn't going to fix their mechanics and throw strikes. And it's not going to make the players take themselves out after they've gotten shelled. It's not going to keep them from getting injured either.

What we need to do is what I said last Saturday when people said I was "melting" down. Get rid of Foxhall now- which will in and of itself serve as a wake up call. Get an interim pitching coach who will be a different set of eyes and can hopefully improve some guys at least marginally. And then go from there and get an elite pitching coach in the offseason.

Todd4State
02-25-2023, 01:13 AM
I?m wondering if Selmon even gives a big enough crap about baseball to have a sit down with Lemonis. This might have to go to the President to say this crap is unacceptable. I was at the game and I am literally embarrassed by what I witnessed. There was a point I thought we could have the umpire place the ball on a Tee for ASU and we would have a better chance of getting them out. Think about it. Our supposed BEST two pitchers gave up 8 walks, 1 hit batter, 8 hits, had 3 bad defensive plays behind them, 2 of which the damn score keeper gave hits on, and 13 runs in their 5 plus innings of work.

Well, that's kind of Selmon's job. I'm willing to give him an opportunity to do it until he proves otherwise.

I can almost guarantee you a "sit down" at this point is going to result in Foxhall being fired.

Todd4State
02-25-2023, 01:18 AM
I tend to agree with you, and to be honest I wanted Gotro gone last year. we have way too many games where the opposing pitcher gets to throw 80 pitches and win. Hell how many times have we been no hit to break it up in the 7/8th innings.

We missed our opportunity to hire Schloss. He would have made us a legit contender year in and year out. Right now, if you fire Lemonis, I'm not really sure who you look at unless you can lure Vitello away. Godwin isn't leaving ECU, Schloss is set at A&M, I don't want Butch, FSU got the ND coach, so do you realistically go for....

The days of having a young team mature is over. The portal is making where you go to the lower ranks and get the best players to reload and do it quickly or get passed up. We are very young, but getting passed up by literally everyone. We should have completely retooled our bullpen and starters last year. You throw the book at the 2 USM pitchers and then you go get another one or let Cade take that spot. (Honestly though, why would any pitcher come here under Foxhall) Then you could get the freshmen feet wet in the midweek and slowly get them ready for the run at the end.

Hitting coach is a thankless job. You have to judge them based on the entire season rather than game to game. We're never ever going to find a hitting coach that is going to consistently put up a ton of runs against elite SEC Friday night pitching. No one does. Gautreau does a good job overall with hitting.

As far as the portal- it's a stopgap. You're always going to want to have a core that comes from high school recruits that you have developed.

To your point though here's something to think about. We had no trouble attracting hitters from the portal. Pitchers have been a different story. I wonder why?**

Lord McBuckethead
02-25-2023, 01:24 AM

And yet, you either have a pair or you don?t.
Dak had a pair.
Bednar and Simms had a pair.
Last years defense had a pair.
Man gun Allen and Rowdy, had a pair.

CaptainObvious
02-25-2023, 01:40 AM
Hitting coach is a thankless job. You have to judge them based on the entire season rather than game to game. We're never ever going to find a hitting coach that is going to consistently put up a ton of runs against elite SEC Friday night pitching. No one does. Gautreau does a good job overall with hitting.

As far as the portal- it's a stopgap. You're always going to want to have a core that comes from high school recruits that you have developed.

To your point though here's something to think about. We had no trouble attracting hitters from the portal. Pitchers have been a different story. I wonder why?**

2 common denominators: Foxhall and Lemonis. If Lemonis is not a big part of the problem, why does insist on being the guy to make pitching changes?

Jarius
02-25-2023, 02:01 AM

We have a bunch of idiots that pour a bunch of money into a sport that 10 schools in the entire country care about and we can?t even be good in the sport where we spend more than just about anyone. It?s embarrassing to be this bad in a sport our people waste this much money on trying to be good at.

BuckyIsAB****
02-25-2023, 08:13 AM

I understand that. But competing and fighting for each other and the program are the same no matter what you play. Our 22 football team went thru a LOT of real life problems and still fought. this bunch has not

BuckyIsAB****
02-25-2023, 08:17 AM
No he is not THE problem. The only way he is part of the problem is because he brought Foxhall back and IF he won't get rid of him. Which I believe he will when he has to. Which hopefully will be sooner than later. Lemonis will be on the hot seat next year if this continues with a different pitching coach. Which as long as we make a good solid hire - it won't. So no I'm not totally defending him.

Yelling at this team really won't help. That isn't the solution. This team has talent and isn't being developed on the mound at all. Yelling at them isn't going to fix their mechanics and throw strikes. And it's not going to make the players take themselves out after they've gotten shelled. It's not going to keep them from getting injured either.

What we need to do is what I said last Saturday when people said I was "melting" down. Get rid of Foxhall now- which will in and of itself serve as a wake up call. Get an interim pitching coach who will be a different set of eyes and can hopefully improve some guys at least marginally. And then go from there and get an elite pitching coach in the offseason.

Lemonis is absolutely part of the problem. It?s how it goes. Im out on him and the whole staff. Players too. They had an entire season and an offseason to figure it out. This is more than just not being very good. This is culture problems

Pancho
02-25-2023, 08:42 AM
the sly croom post game comments are piling up

Cowbell
02-25-2023, 11:05 AM
I agree with you guys that what we are watching right now is freaking ridiculous. But wanting to credit Cohen for Lemonis National championship is just ludicrous. Some of you guys forget that Lemons took us to the college World Series in his first year here - you don't accidentally go to the college World Series two years in a row and win it accidentally. You can be pissed at what's going on right now and still realize he was a freaking good coach those years. To say otherwise is ignorance.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 11:39 AM
Lemonis is absolutely part of the problem. It?s how it goes. Im out on him and the whole staff. Players too. They had an entire season and an offseason to figure it out. This is more than just not being very good. This is culture problems

We got rid of dog cussing and boxing gloves and replaced it with pats on the back and buckets. Just shocking this went sideways so fast.

Todd4State
02-25-2023, 11:41 AM

He is part of the problem. He didn't fire Foxhall in the offseason as he should have. Now he is on the hot seat because of it. That doesn't mean Lemonis should be fired. It means he gets a chance to fix it and then if that doesn't work then you fire him.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 11:43 AM
I agree with you guys that what we are watching right now is freaking ridiculous. But wanting to credit Cohen for Lemonis National championship is just ludicrous. Some of you guys forget that Lemons took us to the college World Series in his first year here - you don't accidentally go to the college World Series two years in a row and win it accidentally. You can be pissed at what's going on right now and still realize he was a freaking good coach those years. To say otherwise is ignorance.

2019-Ethan Small, JT Ginn, Jake Mangum, Tanner Allen, Rowdey Jordan, Elijah Mcnamaee, Dustin Skelton

2021- Will Bednar, Landon Sims, Tanner Allen, Rowdey Jordan, Preston Johnson, Houston Harding, Logan Tanner

We had PLAYERS on those teams. His job was just to not F it up. Now that he actually has to coach and manage a team he's reverted back to his mean when he was at Indiana. He'll win just win enough to make the tournament every year or two and we might bottle it up every 4 or 5 years and make a super. He's not a good enough talent developers to ever have players like he did those first two years.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2023, 11:43 AM
He is part of the problem. He didn't fire Foxhall in the offseason as he should have. Now he is on the hot seat because of it. That doesn't mean Lemonis should be fired. It means he gets a chance to fix it and then if that doesn't work then you fire him.

No he had a chance a fix it, you literally just said that. He should've fired Foxhall in the offseason. That was his chance. He didn't and needs to be fired if this thing doesn't turn around.

Pancho
02-25-2023, 11:46 AM
bump

Goldendawg
02-25-2023, 11:59 AM
the sly croom post game comments are piling up

JoMo 2.0 players buddy perhaps? Will we be angrily be told to pound sand if losing continues?

Goldendawg
02-25-2023, 12:03 PM
We have a bunch of idiots that pour a bunch of money into a sport that 10 schools in the entire country care about and we can?t even be good in the sport where we spend more than just about anyone. It?s embarrassing to be this bad in a sport our people waste this much money on trying to be good at.

Glad we got the NC, but it also lost $1.3 mil last year. Except for men's basketball, football pays the bills.

Cowbell
02-25-2023, 12:08 PM
2019-Ethan Small, JT Ginn, Jake Mangum, Tanner Allen, Rowdey Jordan, Elijah Mcnamaee, Dustin Skelton

2021- Will Bednar, Landon Sims, Tanner Allen, Rowdey Jordan, Preston Johnson, Houston Harding, Logan Tanner

We had PLAYERS on those teams. His job was just to not F it up. Now that he actually has to coach and manage a team he's reverted back to his mean when he was at Indiana. He'll win just win enough to make the tournament every year or two and we might bottle it up every 4 or 5 years and make a super. He's not a good enough talent developers to ever have players like he did those first two years.

I'm old enough to remember when everybody wanted to bench rowdy Jordan because they didn't think he was good enough to play when he was hitting in a slump. But Lemonis didn't and all of a sudden you're not gonna give him credit for that. I also remember when Tanner Allen wasn't really that great. But that was prior to Lemonis.

R2Dawg
02-25-2023, 12:17 PM

You are correct. Lemo has proven he can do some good things for sure.

Managing a staff and talent, etc. may yet to be seen or maybe it is being seen. Year two of suck after NC means some changes must come if you are an overall top coach.

So imagine Saban had a followup year to NC like we did last year and then year two. What does he do? Not nothing.

Goldendawg
02-25-2023, 12:40 PM

Cohen hired Lemonis after shooting off his smartest man in the room, big mouth off on the radio about the big name you would know, who had been to Omaha coach he would hire and didn't/couldn't. Time for Lemonis to show he can develop and win with his recruits and his staff in place at this time, asap. Hail State! Being competitive in losses would help also.

PMDawg
02-25-2023, 12:46 PM

So what? Hire an up and Comer. He'll, hire a JUCO PC. There is a 99% chance we can't do worse.

Goldendawg
02-25-2023, 12:50 PM

What decent pitching coach wants to come into this now or next year, especially if Lemonis is on a very hot seat? I guess someone from a low level school for a big raise.

Goldendawg
02-25-2023, 01:00 PM
I understand that. But competing and fighting for each other and the program are the same no matter what you play. Our 22 football team went thru a LOT of real life problems and still fought. this bunch has not

Continued NC hangover by both staff and players? Think opponents should lay down for us, but no one from any level seems to fear playing us with other issues added, ( coaching, pitching, recruiting, development, defense. My, how the mighty have fallen!) SEC coaches picking us dead last in the West attests to this.

Goldendawg
02-25-2023, 01:03 PM
No he had a chance a fix it, you literally just said that. He should've fired Foxhall in the offseason. That was his chance. He didn't and needs to be fired if this thing doesn't turn around.

Lemonis = Sly except for NC and Foxhall = Woody? Seen this show before and it ended badly.

CaptainObvious
02-25-2023, 01:11 PM
I?ll ask. If ASU sweep us and USM pounds us, are you sunshine pumpers willing to say these 4 guys can?t get it done?

Todd4State
02-25-2023, 01:58 PM

He gambled on Foxhall and yes in hindsight he should have fired him. But I can understand giving a guy who has performed up until last year a chance to fix it himself. Now it is totally up to Lemonis to fire him- and I think he will unless Lemonis is way more loyal than I realize. Or stupid. If he won't fire Foxhall then yes- Lemonis has to go. Not firing Foxhall simply puts Lemonis on the hot seat at this point. Otherwise Lemonis should get one more year with a new pitching coach. With the freshmen we have coming back for next year plus what we are bringing in with recruiting this can turn around very quickly with a new PC.

Firing Lemonis and everyone else just brings more uncertainty to the table. That's not what we need right now.

Todd4State
02-25-2023, 02:01 PM
What decent pitching coach wants to come into this now or next year, especially if Lemonis is on a very hot seat? I guess someone from a low level school for a big raise.

With what we pay and our track record with pitching coaches getting head coaching jobs plus our freshmen talent and resources who wouldn't want to come here? We hired Wes Johnson after a disaster season in 2015 and hired Butch Thompson after Polk's last season here.

BuckyIsAB****
02-25-2023, 03:03 PM
We got rid of dog cussing and boxing gloves and replaced it with pats on the back and buckets. Just shocking this went sideways so fast.

It is very similar to Moorhead. 2020 dont count. We were carried by a group who were part of a great culture with great leadership. It?s gone and the culture has been exposed. Just like sleepy joe

BuckyIsAB****
02-25-2023, 03:05 PM
I?ll ask. If ASU sweep us and USM pounds us, are you sunshine pumpers willing to say these 4 guys can?t get it done?

They already are in prove it mode. They wont survive the year if this continues.

BankerDog
02-25-2023, 05:43 PM
Our evaluations have been bad the lasts several years and seeing as how Lane is still the starting SS again today leaves me no hope. The top two position players within the State of MS the last several years have gone to either USM or out of state. Several of the kids I?m referring to at USM out played several of the kids we have playing for us head to head. We have spent too much time worrying about spin rates, exit velo, etc.

We brought in Will Hoyle and Chester and your mean to tell me they can?t beat out Lane? We run off Kyte McDonald only to run Jess Davis, Drew McGowan, and Brayland Skinner whom neither of could hit. We have brought in Walling, Eagan, and I can?t even remember who the clown was last year Fox and Lemonis insisted on bringing in every single opportunity they had. The evidence is mounting. Lemonis won off Will Coggin, Jake, and Andy?s evals.

BankerDog
02-25-2023, 05:44 PM
It is very similar to Moorhead. 2020 dont count. We were carried by a group who were part of a great culture with great leadership. It?s gone and the culture has been exposed. Just like sleepy joe

Our coaches are more worried about the party than coaching.

BuckyIsAB****
02-25-2023, 05:49 PM
Our coaches are more worried about the party than coaching.

Nobody wants to talk about that tho