parabrave
02-24-2023, 10:02 AM
Worst kept secret this season.

msstate7
02-24-2023, 10:09 AM
I'd love to somehow get Murrell and hubbard

msstate7
02-24-2023, 10:11 AM
The timing is interesting. Makes me think they really going after wade or beard. Lock em up early

KOdawg1
02-24-2023, 10:46 AM
Come on home Hubbard

StarkVegasSteve
02-24-2023, 11:10 AM
The timing is interesting. Makes me think they really going after wade or beard. Lock em up early

I don't think it's Beard. Dusty May makes too much sense. He has no baggage, he's an up and coming young coach, and Keith Carter's best friend is Mike White. Mike White's brother is Danny White who is the AD at FAU AND May was on White's staff at Florida.

The charges may have been dropped against Beard, but that's not the first time something like that has happened. And if it's alcohol related I doubt putting him in Oxford would give the higher ups the warm and fuzzies about hiring him.

msstate7
02-24-2023, 12:09 PM
I don't think it's Beard. Dusty May makes too much sense. He has no baggage, he's an up and coming young coach, and Keith Carter's best friend is Mike White. Mike White's brother is Danny White who is the AD at FAU AND May was on White's staff at Florida.

The charges may have been dropped against Beard, but that's not the first time something like that has happened. And if it's alcohol related I doubt putting him in Oxford would give the higher ups the warm and fuzzies about hiring him.

I hope you're right. I don't want beard at OM. I think beard is perhaps the best coach in MBK now that wright is gone.

StarkVegasSteve
02-24-2023, 12:14 PM
I hope you're right. I don't want beard at OM. I think beard is perhaps the best coach in MBK now that wright is gone.

He's in the Top 10 but there's definitely coaches ahead of him. Scott Drew is head and shoulders the best coach in CBB right now.

1. Scott Drew
2. Bill Self
3. Mark Few
4. Kelvin Sampson
5. Mick Cronin
6. Bruce Pearl
7. John Calipari
8. Chris Beard
9. Nate Oats
10. Dana Altman

msstate7
02-24-2023, 12:38 PM
I didn't think about pew; he's probably the best imo considering he's not a P5 coach. Drew and Sampson can't claim 70+ winning % in regular season and tourney play like self and beard. If you talking career, calipari is certainly better, but not right now.

My top 6:
1. Pew
2. Self
3. Beard
4. Sampson
5. Drew
6. Bennett

smootness
02-24-2023, 01:01 PM

Danny White is AD at Tennessee. FAU's AD is Brian White, but I don't think he's related to them.

smootness
02-24-2023, 01:06 PM
I didn't think about pew; he's probably the best imo considering he's not a P5 coach. Drew and Sampson can't claim 70+ winning % in regular season and tourney play like self and beard. If you talking career, calipari is certainly better, but not right now.

My top 6:
1. Pew
2. Self
3. Beard
4. Sampson
5. Drew
6. Bennett

Few.

And I don't know how you can have Beard and Sampson ahead of Drew, as good as they've been. I generally agree with your top 6, I think those are the best 6 coaches in the country right now. But what Drew has done at Baylor, and especially the fact that he actually won a title, to me puts him clearly ahead of those 2.

And Few doesn't have a title, which makes it hard to put him at #1, but I'm ok with it because of the sustained excellence there. He didn't have to fully build them the way Drew did at Baylor (and obviously Self didn't at Kansas, either), so I'd be ok with someone having Self or Drew at #1 as well.

StarkVegasSteve
02-24-2023, 01:09 PM
Danny White is AD at Tennessee. FAU's AD is Brian White, but I don't think he's related to them.

You're right Brian White is the FAU AD. He is related to them all though. He, Danny, and Mike are all brothers.

msstate7
02-24-2023, 01:24 PM
Few.

And I don't know how you can have Beard and Sampson ahead of Drew, as good as they've been. I generally agree with your top 6, I think those are the best 6 coaches in the country right now. But what Drew has done at Baylor, and especially the fact that he actually won a title, to me puts him clearly ahead of those 2.

And Few doesn't have a title, which makes it hard to put him at #1, but I'm ok with it because of the sustained excellence there. He didn't have to fully build them the way Drew did at Baylor (and obviously Self didn't at Kansas, either), so I'd be ok with someone having Self or Drew at #1 as well.

He's pew till he gets a title haha

Not sure why my brain renamed him.

I think winning a title in basketball has a lot of luck involved, so I just look for consistent success in the tourney even if they don't win it all.

RocketDawg
02-24-2023, 01:25 PM

Or, realistically, any other small college town that rotates around the school including but not limited to Tuscaloosa.

PGHBulldogBG
02-24-2023, 01:29 PM
There was no point in keeping Kermit any longer because they pretty much decided he was going to be fired before the season even started. Going 2-13 in SEC is Rick Ray level bad, so I get the decision. He did well the first two years there and then just seemed to not be able to keep it going as other SEC teams continued to improve. Gone are the day where an average basketball coach like Stansbury can win in the SEC. Too many good coaches and too much talent coming to the conference now. Paul Mills is probably who I would hire that would be realistic for Ole Miss and has a good track record, although I hope they don’t get someone that good

Goldendawg
02-24-2023, 01:47 PM
Thread on NAFOOM with upset Webels that in addition to million$ owed to Kermit, may be clause in contract that Kermit serves as an ambassador for OM at $900K per for a couple of years. If true, Keith Carter a real winner at AD, especially after extending Kermit recently.

HancockCountyDog
02-24-2023, 03:42 PM
That sucks.

Kermit was perfect for the bears.

WinningIsRelentless
02-24-2023, 03:48 PM
Thread on NAFOOM with upset Webels that in addition to million$ owed to Kermit, may be clause in contract that Kermit serves as an ambassador for OM at $900K per for a couple of years. If true, Keith Carter a real winner at AD, especially after extending Kermit recently.

I told you guys ole miss were using the grove collective on coaches also

ZedFedder
02-24-2023, 03:59 PM
Will Wade gaining some steam. That would be a good hire for them.

PMDawg
02-24-2023, 04:26 PM
Will Wade gaining some steam. That would be a good hire for them.

Wade is their top target. Has been for weeks. It's a perfect match. He's egotistical scum who will lie, steal, and cheat to get what he wants. They are identical in every way.

Pancho
02-24-2023, 04:45 PM
I thought Wade had a standing offer at wichita state?

BuckyIsAB****
02-24-2023, 06:36 PM
Our baseball staff can join them