PDA

View Full Version : WBB have looked incredible the first half against Ark.

R2Dawg
02-23-2023, 09:43 PM
They play like this, they could make a Final 4. About as crisp a game I've seen since Vic last elite 8 team.

Cowbell
02-23-2023, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up - got it on now

Commercecomet24
02-23-2023, 09:51 PM
They've improved so much as the season has gone on. Good coaching job!

NCMSTFAN
02-23-2023, 09:58 PM
They've looked good lately, you always want to play your best ball around this time of year and we are. This team should make the tourney, I think we were last 4 in last time I checked

NCMSTFAN
02-23-2023, 10:02 PM
Getting this win is also really important because our next and last game of the regular season is at LSU... not saying we can't win there but it will be their Senior night and they are tough

Schultzy
02-24-2023, 12:52 AM
I’m impressed with this season from this program because this team is vertically challenged so I think they have overachieved.

R2Dawg
02-24-2023, 07:40 AM
Women punched their ticket after Ark win who was a bubble team. Not expected or need to win at LSU. Great job team and Purcell. Got the WBB program back to respectability.

I really like some of the talent he brought in too. We are deep and talented. Lose a good bit but returning a lot too.

NCMSTFAN
02-24-2023, 07:55 AM
I’m impressed with this season from this program because this team is vertically challenged so I think they have overachieved.

Vertically challenged? I wouldn't say that, our guards are pretty short but that's common in Womens basketball. But our Forwards/Centers:

Jessika Carter 6'5"
Charlottte Kohl 6'5"
Nyayongah Gony 6'4"
Ramani Parker 6'4"
Debreasha Powe 6'1"
Denae Carter 6'0"

Other than South Carolina who has a roster full of size, we match up pretty good with everyone else in terms of height.

LSU:
Ladazhia Williams 6'4"
Amani Bartlett 6'3"
Angel Reese 6'3"
Sa'Myah Smith 6'2"

Ole Miss
Rita Igbokwe 6'4"
Tyia Singleton 6'2"
Madison Scott 6'1"
Ayanna Thompson 6'1"
Snudda Collins 6'1"

I don't feel like listing every roster but Bama has two girls 6'4", one at 6'2" the rest are shorter. We are pretty good with size this year and lately Purcell has been playing two bigs together Ramani Parker and Jessika Carter, when he does that and has Debreasha Powe or Denae Carter at the 3 we become a pretty big team.

MetEdDawg
02-24-2023, 09:26 AM
Ladies NET ranking is now 34. They should be solidly in the tournament.

Purcell has done a great job with this team and they've shown some really solid moments.

Hopefully he can get a game or two in the tournament and can retool in the off-season with what we are losing.

WinningIsRelentless
02-24-2023, 09:49 AM
I really believe Sam is who Cohen wanted after Vic but got some pressure because of his lack of head coaching experience.

NCMSTFAN
02-24-2023, 02:37 PM
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2023-women-college-basketball-projections

Right now we are currently projected to be in as a 9 seed against Oklahoma State. Unless something catastrophic happens we seem to be locked in. I hope our guys can get in also