PDA

View Full Version : Wknd rotation vs ASU

TNDawg35
02-23-2023, 08:07 PM
Looks like Hunt is being yanked. Cade Fri, Ytnema Sat, and Gartman Sunday? someone can help me, but how did Ytnema look when he has thrown this year?

Cooterpoot
02-23-2023, 08:10 PM
Looks like Hunt is being yanked. Cade Fri, Ytnema Sat, and Gartman Sunday? someone can help me, but how did Ytnema look when he has thrown this year?

Meh, he'd be holding a spot til the FR take it next week. Foxhall is a dumbass.

Todd4State
02-23-2023, 08:40 PM
Ytema starting is one of the biggest WTF's I have seen in MSU baseball history.

At least it's not Parker Stinnett.

MetEdDawg
02-23-2023, 09:11 PM
I think this is a placeholder until next weekend. Plan was already for Loftin and Loo to take the two midweek games and use the Sunday before as a bullpen for them.

I think you see them used this weekend in a multiple innings role and either Loo or Loftin start Sunday next weekend. I would prefer Loftin in the starter role and Loo in the higher leverage situations late game with the matchup opportunities he provides.

AlSwearengen
02-23-2023, 10:08 PM
I think this is a placeholder until next weekend. Plan was already for Loftin and Loo to take the two midweek games and use the Sunday before as a bullpen for them.

I think you see them used this weekend in a multiple innings role and either Loo or Loftin start Sunday next weekend. I would prefer Loftin in the starter role and Loo in the higher leverage situations late game with the matchup opportunities he provides.

It takes Loo a lot longer to get warm than everyone else and high leverage situations can come about pretty quickly. The only way that i see him as a reliever is if there is a relatively predetermined point in the game that he is going to come in. That is tricky b/c we could be down by six when that time comes and then do you want to waste him?

confucius say
02-23-2023, 10:11 PM
Prob want Lo going against usm next midweek. Big rpi game

Cowbell
02-23-2023, 10:14 PM
It takes Loo a lot longer to get warm than everyone else and high leverage situations can come about pretty quickly. The only way that i see him as a reliever is if there is a relatively predetermined point in the game that he is going to come in. That is tricky b/c we could be down by six when that time comes and then do you want to waste him?
You realize that he gets warm up pitches with both arms

StarkVegasSteve
02-23-2023, 11:45 PM
We're just using Saturday as our bullpen game. We'll see Yntema one time through the lineup then we'll turn it over probably to Loftin and then maybe KC to Nixon. I would imagine we'll go with Dohm Friday.

Todd4State
02-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Our bullpen game should be Sunday- not Saturday. Dumb move by Foxhall.

ZedFedder
02-24-2023, 12:18 PM
I think Yntema surprises and does a solid job.

StarkVegasSteve
02-24-2023, 12:22 PM

He just has to make it through the lineup one time. We'll use him the same way we used Fitts in 2013.

Cowbell
02-24-2023, 12:59 PM
Just a reminder that we are probably going to play around with starters and rotations until we get it figured out. I know that's a hard concept to understand.....

PMDawg
02-24-2023, 04:19 PM

He'll get shelled.

Pancho
02-24-2023, 04:48 PM
Why do you say that Yntema get shelled?

StarkVegasSteve
02-24-2023, 04:52 PM
Why do you say that Yntema get shelled?

Because his name isn't Jurrangelo Cijntje. Everyone now immediately thinks that if we don't start him on the weekends, which we will do btw folks, then we're just throwing in the towel. They can't understand that we have to have more than 3 pitchers. And Nixon and Dohm are not going to be starters so we're going to have to find other guys.

Homedawg
02-25-2023, 09:22 PM

Well..... maybe not. It's one start. And I'd honestly like to have him as our lh pen guy. But he's been solid all fall and spring. Good call tonight

Pancho
02-25-2023, 09:25 PM
He's one of the better arms we have. Period

Commercecomet24
02-25-2023, 09:36 PM
Good call on Ytnema getting shelled tonight. If not for Forsyth misplaying that ball he would've shut them out.

MetEdDawg
02-25-2023, 09:39 PM
Couple posts in this thread did not age well.

Homedawg
02-25-2023, 09:41 PM

Yet again....

Homedawg
02-25-2023, 09:42 PM

Kudos

Homedawg
02-25-2023, 09:43 PM
He'll get shelled.

Another wrong

CaptainObvious
02-25-2023, 10:00 PM
This team continues with the head-scratching yo-yo play. Arizona State?s approach at the plate looked like ours in our losses except totally opposite. They were very patient tonight and they got behind. I suspect they thought our whole staff was like they saw last night since the two we went with Friday are our Bell Cows.

Cowbell
02-25-2023, 10:23 PM

Hahahahaha

Cowbell
02-25-2023, 10:25 PM

Reminder of why Foxhall is getting paid to coach baseball and we ain't

Commercecomet24
02-25-2023, 10:47 PM
It was actually a smart move putting the left hander between our 2 right handed starters, and we still have a ton of bullpen arms for tomorrow. Kudos to ytnema and siary today and the staff for putting the out there.

ZedFedder
02-25-2023, 10:50 PM
Perhaps we just have to find ?our guys?. Right now it looks like Yntema, Gartman, Cijntje, and Loftin for starters.

Patrick Tibbons
02-25-2023, 11:01 PM

Tough scene.

Homedawg
02-25-2023, 11:23 PM
Perhaps we just have to find ?our guys?. Right now it looks like Yntema, Gartman, Cijntje, and Loftin for starters.

I don't think you can write Cade off. He's a solid guy. Was he bad yesterday? Yes. He would tell you that. Is a Friday guy against another ace? Maybe not. But right now we don't have one. But he's not a guy to throw to the Wolfes after his worst start in his career. He can pitch and help us a lot. And if he doesn't it wil be a long year.

Commercecomet24
02-25-2023, 11:31 PM
I don't think you can write Cade off. He's a solid guy. Was he bad yesterday? Yes. He would tell you that. Is a Friday guy against another ace? Maybe not. But right now we don't have one. But he's not a guy to throw to the Wolfes after his worst start in his career. He can pitch and help us a lot. And if he doesn't it wil be a long year.

Agree with all this. Cades gonna be fine

CaptainObvious
02-25-2023, 11:43 PM
Hunt, on the other hand, looked like a man defeated. Before Lemonis went and got him, he just looked like someone out there throwing balls hoping Lemonis WOULD come get him. His last inning, he looked like a guy who had no desire to be on the mound and it showed with his pitching. This is a guy who likes to work fast anyway, but he seemed disinterested in working with a pitch clock with runners on base. Some of these guys make actually figure it out sooner than later. But some seem to want no part of being on a timer if they have a routine that has always worked. It is almost like Foxhall didn?t work on that with his pitchers in the off season knowing they would have to pick up their pace. And of course with the ability of the batter to wait until 10 seconds are left to get back in the box gives advantage to hitters along with the 12 inch cubed strike zone.

State82
02-25-2023, 11:47 PM
Agree with all this. Cades gonna be fine
I think he will also. Along with Forsyth in the field and serviceable at the plate. I think.

Todd4State
02-26-2023, 12:53 AM
Well..... maybe not. It's one start. And I'd honestly like to have him as our lh pen guy. But he's been solid all fall and spring. Good call tonight

It worked out tonight. Congrats to Ynetma. Now all we have to do going forward is pitch guys that are freshmen or transfers to win before Foxhall screws them up.

basedog
02-26-2023, 08:45 AM

Thank you Homedawg. I talked to my daughter yesterday, she has de-activated some social media accounts as things have gotten brutal about Cade. It's what happens in sports now days. Let me say this and I will be done. Cade has always been a strike thrower, low ball thrower, he like many guys is very competitive who also doesn't show much emotion on the mound. Well, he lost control and showed his 'frustrations" Friday for the first time. Many have given up in him and I understand, but I know he has the "it factor" to compete and the drive to get back on track. I'm all in for guys proving themselves and not just given a starting position when not performing. I understand sports very well from playing and coaching, I know what Cade has and I think he will come around, it's in his genes! LOL! Carry on ED's! I have alligator skin!

somebodyshotmypaw
02-26-2023, 08:48 AM

We didn?t use the bullpen much Saturday. We got 8+ out of the starter and one reliever.

Schultzy
02-26-2023, 09:00 AM
Our upper classmen need to change their mindset as to what the 2023 strike zone is for them and the opposing pitcher so they don?t have to crumble just bc they get hosed on a few pitches early in the game.

Just keep pumping the zone and understand you?re going to give up more hits this season like every other college pitcher in America.

WinningIsRelentless
02-26-2023, 09:44 AM
I think Foxhall and/or Lemo were putting too much focus on spin rate and mph prior to this last recruiting class. Find kids who can throw strikes bring them in and get them stronger and mph will go up while maintaining control for the most part. We can?t really teach control. If control is an issue in hs it?s not getting better in college.

Schultzy
02-26-2023, 09:52 AM
I think Foxhall and/or Lemo were putting too much focus on spin rate and mph prior to this last recruiting class. Find kids who can throw strikes bring them in and get them stronger and mph will go up while maintaining control for the most part. We can?t really teach control. If control is an issue in hs it?s not getting better in college.
Control isnt all mechanical, all these guys threw strikes at lower levels…its more about willingness to pump the strike zone, accept the consequences and trust your stuff…youre on scholly at MSU for a reason

BrunswickDawg
02-26-2023, 09:53 AM
Thank you Homedawg. I talked to my daughter yesterday, she has de-activated some social media accounts as things have gotten brutal about Cade. It's what happens in sports now days. Let me say this and I will be done. Cade has always been a strike thrower, low ball thrower, he like many guys is very competitive who also doesn't show much emotion on the mound. Well, he lost control and showed his 'frustrations" Friday for the first time. Many have given up in him and I understand, but I know he has the "it factor" to compete and the drive to get back on track. I'm all in for guys proving themselves and not just given a starting position when not performing. I understand sports very well from playing and coaching, I know what Cade has and I think he will come around, it's in his genes! LOL! Carry on ED's! I have alligator skin!

Cade will be fine - he's showed he's a competitor. It's interesting you mentioned that he's a low ball thrower. That was what I noticed immediately Friday was that everything was up in the zone. That should be an easy mechanical tweak to get back to normal.

PMDawg
02-26-2023, 09:56 AM
Another wrong

What, you've never heard of a reverse jinx?**

DownwardDawg
02-26-2023, 10:18 AM

I agree. This board gets crazy after 1 bad outing from Cade. He's a competitor and I fully expect him to be a weekend starter all season and will do a fine job. All pitchers have a few bad outings.

sandjunky
02-26-2023, 10:54 AM

Give him a big hug and tell him to bounce back next outing - my son had a similar experience yesterday in school ball - not his typical outing- the haters at school loved it (and there are plenty)

Commercecomet24
02-26-2023, 01:20 PM

Cades gonna be just fine. Dude has a track record of being consistently good. There's not one pitcher that's ever been born that has it every single time out, it happens. You can tell Cade is a competitor and isn't soft, he just had a bad day. It's a shame people are attacking him on social media. I guarantee you those attacking him have probably never competed above little league. You tell him keep his head up and just keep doing what he's always done. Those of us that know the game know!

Cowbell
02-26-2023, 01:38 PM

I don't understand this write me off mentality that we live in today. People act like we just have a bench load of players that never make mistakes. In all reality, We just have a bunch of fans that don't have a sense of reality. That baseball is a tough game and it's a long season and we should expect guys to have bad days. Ethan small had bad days. Tanner Allen had bad days. Woody, Nate Lowe, and Renfroe had bad days and look where they are. I remember most of us completely giving up on Cole Gordon at one point.

Tell your daughter There's still a lot of us out there that believe in Cade. Honestly I'm glad it's him that had it because he has shown to have the toughness to overcome it where some of our other guys haven't.

Pancho
02-26-2023, 08:06 PM
I think they'll do fine

KentuckyDawg13
02-27-2023, 08:09 AM
Does J Carter know how to not travel? Damn, horrible.

Pancho
02-27-2023, 08:32 AM
wrong discussion