PDA

View Full Version : The Officiating last night was embarrassing to the SEC

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Lost in our victory will be the talk about how poor the officiating was. The SEC has to and should be able to do better.

2 non-reviewed turnovers by Ole Miss

A horrendous personal foul call after Wallace lowered his shoulder on Whitley

Us having to call time-out to have a play reviewed.

This will get lost in our win, but last night was unacceptable officiating, and those guys should be suspended or fired.

Incompetence should not be tolerated in a conference that is the face of college football and is making this much money.

messageboardsuperhero
11-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Don't even get me started on the damn replay official. I hate blaming the refs, but the officiating in general could have costed us the game.

That "late hit" call on Whitley was almost as bad as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9TozjN2ZNc

PassInterference
11-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Even Barrett Sallee tweeted "Mississippi State fans should be pissed at this officiating".

HereComesTheSpiral
11-29-2013, 11:24 AM
They really need to do away with the current conference officiating crews and possibly run it by region where the crews don't work together every game, similar to the NFL. That way you get away from the conference bias bullshit that we saw last night.

Todd4State
11-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Don't even get me started on the damn replay official. I hate blaming the refs, but the officiating in general could have costed us the game.

That "late hit" call on Whitley was almost as bad as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9TozjN2ZNc

That was the same referee as last night.

Dawgface
11-29-2013, 11:55 AM
He needs his walking papers.

M.Fillmore
11-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Dick Pace, Jr.

DawgsBite34
11-29-2013, 02:12 PM
THAT WAS THE SAME CREW AS LAST NIGHT

blacklistedbully
11-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Not only that, but did anyone notice the official helping an Ole Miss player get his jersey back over his pad between plays? Or how about the fact that, rather than penalize Ole Miss and/or eject a player by rule for wearing the same number in the same position, the ref called nothing, and went over to Bucky to let him know RN had to change his jersey.

blacklistedbully
11-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Oh, and another thing. Who saw the early play on defense when Calhoun made a hit on the Ole Miss sideline that carried him into the Ole Miss players, and had the Ole Miss guy in the red jacket literally grab him from behind and hold him as he shouted, "let me go", and struggled to break free. Seemed like intentional cheating to me, as OM was trying to line up quickly for the next play (as they always do), and holding Calhoun back like that was making it hard fro him to get in position for the next play.

drunkernhelldawg
11-29-2013, 03:27 PM
I think they were more substandard than biased, but that is the first time I have witnessed two turnovers missed by both the officials and our coaches.

maroonmania
11-29-2013, 04:18 PM
I think they were more substandard than biased, but that is the first time I have witnessed two turnovers missed by both the officials and our coaches.

I think its much more bias on JUDGEMENT calls than it is incompetence. Otherwise, these calls would balance out over time but I rarely ever see us getting a bad call going our way on a judgement call from SEC officiating while it happens regularly the other way. That would pretty much be a mathematical impossibility if it was just random incompetence.