PDA

View Full Version : Last Shot

parabrave
02-22-2023, 12:01 PM
you have the last possession of a game down by 1. Who do you not want to take the last shot?

Myself it would be Reed/ Sorry bud but you have blown it 2 times so far this year.

CaptainObvious
02-22-2023, 12:16 PM
They were trying to tie it with the 2. But the refs let the game be physical inside on both ends. Trying to get a 4 footer up with a half dozen hands flying in your face was going to be next to zero chance. A pull up 12 footer from a trustworthy shooter named 3 was the only answer and we didn?t do it. It is the same recipe in all our close losses . The opponents have an unlikely hero and we can?t finish on our end.

dawgday166
02-22-2023, 12:27 PM
Larry Bird

Commercecomet24
02-22-2023, 12:35 PM
Timmy Bowers, lol.

parabrave
02-22-2023, 12:37 PM
Larry Bird

If we had Bird we wouldn't have to worry about a last shot.

parabrave
02-22-2023, 12:38 PM
Timmy Bowers, lol.

Should I Highlight the word NOT***

Commercecomet24
02-22-2023, 12:40 PM

Oh crap, my bad! I missed that completely! I agree with you definitley Reed!

I'm gonna blame trying to multi task while being at work and trying to read the board at the same time,lol!

dawgday166
02-22-2023, 12:46 PM

LOL ... yea probably. I glanced at it and thought who we wanted to take last shot.

parabrave
02-22-2023, 12:52 PM
Oh crap, my bad! I missed that completely! I agree with you definitley Reed!

I'm gonna blame trying to multi task while being at work and trying to read the board at the same time,lol!

"You're killing me Smalls"** Well remember when we were playing Arizona had the ball for the last possession and Stans calls a WTF play a T/O and we lose the game. I wish we had Timmy that game.

Commercecomet24
02-22-2023, 12:59 PM
"You're killing me Smalls"** Well remember when we were playing Arizona had the ball for the last possession and Stans calls a WTF play a T/O and we lose the game. I wish we had Timmy that game.

Yeah I remember, it sucked!

Bowers and Zimmerman were both clutch. I remember a game against om years ago. There was like 5-6 seconds left om was up by one. Zimmerman took the inbounds blew by everyone and made a layup at the buzzer for the win!

Commercecomet24
02-22-2023, 01:00 PM
LOL ... yea probably. I glanced at it and thought who we wanted to take last shot.

Glad I wasn't the only one with a senior moment!

Goldendawg
02-22-2023, 01:00 PM
Reed did not hit a shot the entire 2nd half. I wondered why Moore disappeared in the 2nd half and did not play in OT. Friend then texted me that Moore had back issues. With Moore not playing and Reed getting big minutes, we lose close games. Our lack of a dependable guard that can consistently score in even low double figures is killing this team. Davis - playing better, Horton - quit, then Reed, not much of incoming class to help. If we lose Saturday with a hot Vandy team to end regular season, we are looking at NIT.

Goldendawg
02-22-2023, 01:03 PM
Note: We are terrible in getting off a quality shot with about 7 or less seconds left on the clock. Happens more than once in most games.

parabrave
02-22-2023, 01:18 PM

Bowers and Zimmerman were both clutch. I remember a game against om years ago. There was like 5-6 seconds left om was up by one. Zimmerman took the inbounds blew by everyone and made a layup at the buzzer for the win!

One of the greatest games I ever saw and one of the best individual performances was Timmys game against Bama in 2004.

Commercecomet24
02-22-2023, 01:19 PM
One of the greatest games I ever saw and one of the best individual performances was Timmys game against Bama in 2004.

I remember that one well. Timmy was so good. Wish we had him now!

parabrave
02-22-2023, 01:20 PM
I remember that one well. Timmy was so good. Wish we had him now!

Heck I'd take Gary Ervin/

Commercecomet24
02-22-2023, 01:22 PM
Heck I'd take Gary Ervin/

Can you imagine if we had Zimmerman and Bowers in the back court on this team with Tolu.

Offshore Dawg
02-22-2023, 01:24 PM

you have been busy trying too make sense of this baseball season. you are forgiven.

RockyDog
02-22-2023, 01:28 PM
you have the last possession of a game down by 1. Who do you not want to take the last shot?

Myself it would be Reed/ Sorry bud but you have blown it 2 times so far this year.

If it is not Reed, it is Davis, Shak, or DJ and none of these guys can create their own shot. It is what it is.

We made 3s in the first half but still had some lengthy droughts that allowed Mizzou to stay in the game. If we could have stretched just one of the 5 point leads it is a different game.

We got open looks in the 2nd half and they didn?t fall. It?s the story of the season. If this was an NCAA average scoring team, put up 72 points per game, we are looking at a team with 2-4 losses tops.

Give this team one creator, a pure scorer and we are a top 5 seed. Unfortunately we don?t have one and when you have a game with defensive slip ups or can?t make your free throws it results in a close loss. We just have too many of those.

dawgday166
02-22-2023, 02:24 PM

Haha ... Same here! Them damn senior moments are creeping up on me more frequently now LOL.

dawgday166
02-22-2023, 02:26 PM
Can you imagine if we had Zimmerman and Bowers in the back court on this team with Tolu.

My choice would be Frazier and Wilson but either tandem would have us up there with Bama & TAM.

Commercecomet24
02-22-2023, 02:29 PM
My choice would be Frazier and Wilson but either tandem would have us up there with Bama & TAM.

Agreed.

msudawg1200
02-22-2023, 06:22 PM
Jeff Malone

LC Dawg
02-22-2023, 07:38 PM
All we need to back the defense off Tolu is Darryl Wilson.

MoreCowbell
02-23-2023, 12:33 PM

Zimmerman single-handedly won us the SEC Championship at Alabama in 2004 when we were ranked #2 he was not going to be denied that game. I still go back and watch it from time to time, believe it is on YouTube

Commercecomet24
02-23-2023, 12:58 PM
Zimmerman single-handedly won us the SEC Championship at Alabama in 2004 when we were ranked #2 he was not going to be denied that game. I still go back and watch it from time to time, believe it is on YouTube

Zimmerman was a stud! One of my favorite Dawgs of all time.

dawgday166
02-23-2023, 01:16 PM

Not Zimmerman ... Timmy Bowers.

Goldendawg
02-23-2023, 01:18 PM
All we need to back the defense off Tolu is Darryl Wilson.

Talked to Darryl at a recent HS basketball game, (He is Boys HC at IAHS in Fulton), and asked if had any eligibility left and could help us out? He replied with a laugh that he was too old! Nice guy and all Dawg!

tcdog70
02-23-2023, 03:53 PM
my # 1 choice would be Q. Him over anyone.. How many big shots did he hit?

MoreCowbell
02-24-2023, 01:17 AM
Not Zimmerman ... Timmy Bowers.

My bad that is right

Goldendawg
02-24-2023, 02:04 PM
Have been to all home games and watched all others. We very often are forced to attempt to get off a shot with only 7 or so seconds left in the shot clock. More times than not, the ball ends up in DJ's hands with a poor result.

Lord McBuckethead
02-24-2023, 04:53 PM
The black guy with red hair should get all of Reed's minutes. Dude literally makes every single shot during warmups.