PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Tryout list

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 08:50 PM
Could we sticky this to the top of the board please***. This thread will be dedicated to making a list of all the currently enrolled students that might can throw strikes. If you got any nephews, grandsons, etc..

We should probably try out all our backup QBs....oh wait... I bet Will can throw strikes.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 08:58 PM
Leach had an open tryout for kickers so the precedent is there to have open tryouts for the student body.

Mjoelner34
02-18-2023, 09:11 PM
Need to have a pitching coach tryout along with that.

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 09:11 PM
Leach had an open tryout for kickers so the precedent is there to have open tryouts for the student body.

I'm all for it at this point

archdog
02-18-2023, 10:24 PM
Spin rate means nothing if your pitches are flat and outside of the zone. These pitchers are too comfortable.

WSOPdawg
02-18-2023, 10:31 PM
Guys, it's Foxhall and his dumba$$ pitching philosophy... how many times did we get up 0-2 or 1-2 with the count and then try to "nibble" on the outside hoping the batter would finish themselves off? Go back and watch KC in the first few innings.

This f'n nibbling leads to high pitch counts and is the reason why we only get through 4 innings with our SPers (if we are lucky). You can get outs by NOT striking everybody out if you let your defense work for you. Foxhall needs to be sh!tcanned yesterday !!!

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 10:41 PM
Guys, it's Foxhall and his dumba$$ pitching philosophy... how many times did we get up 0-2 or 1-2 with the count and then try to "nibble" on the outside hoping the batter would finish themselves off? Go back and watch KC in the first few innings.

This f'n nibbling leads to high pitch counts and is the reason why we only get through 4 innings with our SPers (if we are lucky). You can get outs by NOT striking everybody out if you let your defense work for you. Foxhall needs to be sh!tcanned yesterday !!!
I have no issue with the nibbling. It's the complete meltdowns on the mound and we have like 4 pitchers with the yipps two days in

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 10:42 PM

I don't mind doing it when it's 0-2. It's when he does it from 0-2 to 3-2 and then walks the guy where it starts to irk me.

TALL DAWG
02-18-2023, 10:46 PM
I?d throw this type of team fast ball after fast ball until they showed they could hit them consistently.

WSOPdawg
02-18-2023, 11:31 PM
I?d throw this type of team fast ball after fast ball until they showed they could hit them consistently.

Yup, all day long. Forget trying to paint the corners for the 3rd strike & pound the zone - you win 13-5.

EdwardDrayton
02-19-2023, 11:34 AM
C'mon, can we act a little like we've won a NC and not melt down after two games.

RockyDog
02-19-2023, 12:18 PM
C'mon, can we act a little like we've won a NC and not melt down after two games.

No. This team looks like a rec ball team. There are 10u travel teams that don?t walk that many in a weekend.