PDA

View Full Version : Gotta keep Geoff Collins....

maroonmania
11-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Just getting up from getting back in from the game last night but THAT was the best defensive effort we've given against a reasonably good SEC team in YEARS. We need to give Collins a raise and make sure he doesn't run off on us. If you would have told me going into the game we would have held OM to 3 offensive points I would not have believed it. We still make way too many execution mistakes across the entire team and are still awful at all aspects of special teams but we got a tremendous effort last night from our guys and, of course, Dak coming in changed the whole dynamic of the game. BUT without the defensive performance we gave we would not have even still been in the game by the time Dak was sent in. In my view going from Wilson to Collins as DC has been a significant upgrade.

Will also say that while this has been the most frustrating MSU football team I can ever remember following, congrats to the team and staff for gritting it out to make 6 wins and a bowl game and bringing the Golden Egg back to Starkville. The Egg Bowl win last night was the best win we've gotten since 2010 and it was a lot of fun to celebrate in the end.