PDA

View Full Version : Our BASEBALL TEAM should be Embarrassed.

Lord McBuckethead
02-18-2023, 06:53 PM
Pin this to the top of the board.
I hope every one of them see this.

Terrible execution by everyone. You want to play in the SWAC, cause that is what you guys look like.

msstate7
02-18-2023, 06:54 PM
They've sucked for over a season now.

Bothrops
02-18-2023, 06:56 PM
We lost out in the portal. No dominant pitchers. Money constraints and all.

Maroonthirteen
02-18-2023, 06:56 PM
Are you talking uniforms? Because yeah... can we not have one damn tradition? Maroon caps please.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 06:58 PM
Are you talking uniforms? Because yeah... can we not have one damn tradition? Maroon caps please.

Hell, we need the black magic uniforms back cause we aren't winning on talent. We need luck....AND LOTS OF IT.

ZedFedder
02-18-2023, 06:59 PM
What is even more embarrassing is that State beat State, not VMI.

CaptainObvious
02-18-2023, 07:04 PM
Come on guys it is Just a quad 4 loss. We just had a quad 4 win in basketball today also.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-18-2023, 07:05 PM
You say "team", like the hitters didn't put up 13 and compete till the end. Defense was bad asside from Larry making a couple great plays, and the pitching was unacceptable. But the offense can't be lumped into the blame train

Early season is where you find out what pitchers can go and who can't. The problem in the game is that almost every pitcher looked like a "cant". The problem for the seaons is that many of those "can't"s are guys we NEED to be good

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 07:06 PM
Come on guys it is Just a quad 4 loss. We just had a quad 4 win in basketball today also.

It was actually a Quad 2 win. 76-135 is quad 2 on the road and OM was 130 coming into today.

CJDAWG85
02-18-2023, 07:07 PM
This is on Lemonis and Foxhall. These 2 clowns couldn?t mange a game with 9 run lead after 2. Someone please give reasons why Lemonis is a good coach. He has done nothing with any of his recruits.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-18-2023, 07:12 PM
This is on Lemonis and Foxhall. These 2 clowns couldn?t mange a game with 9 run lead after 2. Someone please give reasons why Lemonis is a good coach. He has done nothing with any of his recruits.

Jesus the overreaction lol, we walked a lot of people in this early season game, where we're letting guys have a shot to earn more playing time. If we haven't found pitching by SEC play I'll conceed to a recruiting and development failure. Not in game 2 of the season though

msstate7
02-18-2023, 07:14 PM
Jesus the overreaction lol, we walked a lot of people in this early season game, where we're letting guys have a shot to earn more playing time. If we haven't found pitching by SEC play I'll conceed to a recruiting and development failure. Not in game 2 of the season though

Haven't we walked the world since fall ball?

maroonmania
02-18-2023, 07:16 PM
We lost out in the portal. No dominant pitchers. Money constraints and all.

Foxhall is garbage. Seen this movie before where he has a bunch of pitchers that can't find the strike zone. 10-1 lead and you can't throw strikes? That's just garbage baseball. Foxhall needs to go! You don't even have to be a great pitcher to not walk everyone.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-18-2023, 07:18 PM
We walked 12 guys. We allowed 11 stolen bases. We committed 3 errors. VMI scored 14 runs on just 7 hits. That’s inexcusable at the SEC level.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 07:19 PM

Who on our staff gives you confidence? I mean I can't think of anyone that has proven they can do it. No one. Now maybe they prove us all wrong and we cobble together some semblance of a reliable bullpen but I don't see it right now.

ZedFedder
02-18-2023, 07:20 PM
We walked 12 guys. We allowed 11 stolen bases. We committed 3 errors. VMI scored 14 runs on just 7 hits. That’s inexcusable at the SEC level.

This. We throw strikes, and they don?t get within 5 runs. They couldn?t hit our pitching.

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 07:21 PM
I'm just here for the melt. Got popcorn going if anyone else would like some.

maroonmania
02-18-2023, 07:21 PM

And the offense contributed to the loss by only scoring a meager 3 runs after the 2nd inning. Losing to VMI is really more like 2 losses.

msstate7
02-18-2023, 07:23 PM
This. We throw strikes, and they don?t get within 5 runs. They couldn?t hit our pitching.

I wouldn't be concerned if this wasn't the same trend from last year and the scrimmages also

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 07:23 PM

To put this stat into perspective. Dustin Skelton allowed 39 runners to steal on him the ENITRE 2019 season. Logan Tanner allowed 31 runners to steal on him the ENTIRE 2021 season. Luke Hancock has allowed 13 runners to steal through two games.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-18-2023, 07:25 PM
Who on our staff gives you confidence? I mean I can't think of anyone that has proven they can do it. No one. Now maybe they prove us all wrong and we cobble together some semblance of a reliable bullpen but I don't see it right now.

I don't say we'd be OK, because I don't feel confident we will. As you say we have very little proven, and seeing guys fail today (including the #2 starter) is doing nothing to fill me with confidence.

But I recognize that it can take more than 1 game to have sorted out the good vs mediocre players, and that sometimes guys emerge. "I can't name you proven studs on opening weekend" doesn't mean there are no studs on the team.

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 07:26 PM
Also wondering when the college trade deadline is ***

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 07:27 PM
Didnt Will Rogers pitch in high school? Thinking of enrolled students that are eligible***

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 07:29 PM
I'm just here for the melt. Got popcorn going if anyone else would like some.

I've never been one for the early season total melt. But we have GLARING BIG TIME issues. We have a guy playing catcher, that we convinced to come back and are spending NIL funds on btw, who is currently being stolen on at 6.5 runners per game clip. We have a bullpen that can't throw strikes. These aren't just dang we had a bad game issues. These are issues that should've been fixed in the offseason. We've known Hancock couldn't throw for 3 years. There's a reason he never even remotely pushed Logan Tanner. We had a bullpen who gave up walks at a record breaking clip last year. That's the one thing you should've damn made sure you corrected this year.

Now luckily the catcher situation can hopefully be remedied pretty quickly. But the bullpen issue will continue to be a legitimate concern until they prove they can do it. Until they prove that they can be reliable for multiple games.

dawgday166
02-18-2023, 07:29 PM
You say "team", like the hitters didn't put up 13 and compete till the end. Defense was bad asside from Larry making a couple great plays, and the pitching was unacceptable. But the offense can't be lumped into the blame train

Early season is where you find out what pitchers can go and who can't. The problem in the game is that almost every pitcher looked like a "cant". The problem for the seaons is that many of those "can't"s are guys we NEED to be good

Hmmm ... Did we trot out different players to play D than the players doing the hitting.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-18-2023, 07:30 PM
To put this stat into perspective. Dustin Skelton allowed 39 runners to steal on him the ENITRE 2019 season. Logan Tanner allowed 31 runners to steal on him the ENTIRE 2021 season. Luke Hancock has allowed 13 runners to steal through two games.

That's the biggest red flag of the game to me. Pitchers being bad maybe it's just a bad weekend or there's good pitchers on the bench to replace them going forward. But VMI coaches looked at our catcher and felt confident he can't throw any of their runners out, EVEN AT 3RD!!! So they stole any base at will and Hancock proved them right.

That can't be allowed. A 1 out singe cannot be turned into a double the next pitch. We HAVE to have a catcher teams are worried to run on. I've never seen a catcher get this little respect since I played little league and the coach decided out of the blue to make me catch a game for the first time in my life lol

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 07:31 PM
I don't say we'd be OK, because I don't feel confident we will. As you say we have very little proven, and seeing guys fail today (including the #2 starter) is doing nothing to fill me with confidence.

But I recognize that it can take more than 1 game to have sorted out the good vs mediocre players, and that sometimes guys emerge. "I can't name you proven studs on opening weekend" doesn't mean there are no studs on the team.

And I agree with you there. But you've had all fall and spring to find guys you can rely on. It just sucks that we continually have to find out these kids can't hack it in big time situations. I don't know how we simulate pressure in practice but it needs to change. We can't run a kid out there and just hope he figures it out.

The other problem is that I don't see any pitchers with that Landon Sims F YOU about them. I think Dohm has that in him though and that's encouraging.

Lord McBuckethead
02-18-2023, 07:46 PM
I've never been one for the early season total melt. But we have GLARING BIG TIME issues. We have a guy playing catcher, that we convinced to come back and are spending NIL funds on btw, who is currently being stolen on at 6.5 runners per game clip. We have a bullpen that can't throw strikes. These aren't just dang we had a bad game issues. These are issues that should've been fixed in the offseason. We've known Hancock couldn't throw for 3 years. There's a reason he never even remotely pushed Logan Tanner. We had a bullpen who gave up walks at a record breaking clip last year. That's the one thing you should've damn made sure you corrected this year.

Now luckily the catcher situation can hopefully be remedied pretty quickly. But the bullpen issue will continue to be a legitimate concern until they prove they can do it. Until they prove that they can be reliable for multiple games.

Yep, first you cancel the NIL checks and offer it to anyone that can throw out a runner and defend the plate at a 10th grade level.
Next, pitchers that walk batters have to do sprints after the game, or hell, make them do them during the game while the batter is walking to first.

Lord McBuckethead
02-18-2023, 07:47 PM
That's the biggest red flag of the game to me. Pitchers being bad maybe it's just a bad weekend or there's good pitchers on the bench to replace them going forward. But VMI coaches looked at our catcher and felt confident he can't throw any of their runners out, EVEN AT 3RD!!! So they stole any base at will and Hancock proved them right.

That can't be allowed. A 1 out singe cannot be turned into a double the next pitch. We HAVE to have a catcher teams are worried to run on. I've never seen a catcher get this little respect since I played little league and the coach decided out of the blue to make me catch a game for the first time in my life lol

Yep. imagine trying to pitch when you know if you make a mistake it automatically is runners in scoring position. That is how you 17 with a pitchers head.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 07:49 PM
Yep. imagine trying to pitch when you know if you make a mistake it automatically is runners in scoring position. That is how you 17 with a pitchers head.

EXACTLY. Walks are automatically doubles and triples. It forces a pitcher to pitch almost perfectly.

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 07:58 PM

Anyone that is a fully competent adult can see the issues we have. I'm just lightening the mood, Francis...

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 07:59 PM
Anyone that is a fully competent adult can see the issues we have. I'm just lightening the mood, Francis...

You'd be surprised. There are people who aren't worried in the least bit. They think today was just an anomaly. Let that sink in. There were people who watched today's game and aren't worried that are catcher was stolen on 11 times or that we walked 11 batters, after leading conference in walks out of the bullpen last year.

Rawdawg
02-18-2023, 08:09 PM

Agree with you here, we have a huge problem at catcher. Luke also had a passed ball today that allowed a run.

maroonmania
02-18-2023, 08:12 PM
Sure, we can bring in another catcher to hopefully work that issue, but if anyone thinks Foxhall can fix these pitchers that can't throw strikes, well then I don't what to tell you but you obviously haven't been watching this team for the last year. Foxhall doesn't have a clue how to teach a pitcher to throw it in the zone. I really don't have a clue why we brought Stinnett back. Based on last year he should just be called Wild Thing.

Maroonthirteen
02-18-2023, 08:14 PM
Hell, we need the black magic uniforms back cause we aren't winning on talent. We need luck....AND LOTS OF IT.

Black magic or not. The university has sold plenty of black caps and 85 jerseys. You're getting white caps and Cleftate. Got to sell that new merch to the masses.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 08:15 PM
So does anyone else think we should've just rode out the storm with Cann and let him stay? I've had that thought for the better part of a year now. Because I believe he'd have won a Natty in 21. Hell he got a team pitching position players to a Super

No BS Dawg
02-18-2023, 08:15 PM
We have pitching problems and catching problems. Combined, those are a recipe for a lot of losses. If things do not improve, we may win 6-8 conference games and our program will be at the bottom of the SEC.

Goldendawg
02-18-2023, 08:18 PM
Didnt Will Rogers pitch in high school? Thinking of enrolled students that are eligible***

From the mound to the plate is a really long throw and has to have zip on it.******

Todd4State
02-18-2023, 08:33 PM
So does anyone else think we should've just rode out the storm with Cann and let him stay? I've had that thought for the better part of a year now. Because I believe he'd have won a Natty in 21. Hell he got a team pitching position players to a Super

LOL. NO!

99jc
02-18-2023, 08:34 PM
lemonhead officially on the clock............

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 08:44 PM
LOL. NO!

So I know I'm in the minority in that line of thinking, but what about Lemonis makes him a better coach or recruiter than Andy? It may not be possible, but try to take the off the field stuff out of your line of thinking. The guy cheated on his wife, it's bad no matter which way you slice it, but also wasn't the only coach on our campus cheating with her. Hell the other coaches wife knew about it and didn't care.

Todd4State
02-18-2023, 08:45 PM
lemonhead officially on the clock............

I'm willing to keep him with a different pitching coach.

Now if he won't fire Foxhall that's a different story.

Todd4State
02-18-2023, 08:47 PM
So I know I'm in the minority in that line of thinking, but what about Lemonis makes him a better coach or recruiter than Andy? It may not be possible, but try to take the off the field stuff out of your line of thinking. The guy cheated on his wife, it's bad no matter which way you slice it, but also wasn't the only coach on our campus cheating with her. Hell the other coaches wife knew about it and didn't care.

We were already top 10 without Lemonis. Not much place to go for any coach. Lemonis's classes the next two years are very talented and better than we have had under Cohen and Cann.

Cann has also had some issues at the high school he coached at- including basically getting into an altercation with a parent or fan which caused him to be fired. He has too many demons to be successful. Sadly.

HoopsDawg
02-18-2023, 08:48 PM

What? No. Goodness.

maroonmania
02-18-2023, 08:49 PM

The problem wasn't primarily cheating on his wife (which a lot of college coaches do), the problem was that he was apparently obsessed with the affair to the point that he was totally distracted from doing the coaching job he was being paid to do.

StarkVegasSteve

Then your loyalty is with Lemonis and not Mississippi State. HE recruited these guys. HE makes the final call on every decision. HE is the one making 1 million plus. This is a results business. What does winning a national championship mean if you can't do it again. You either produce or you need to hit the road. Foxhall should've been gone last year.

We have a 60 million dollar stadium. We didn't build it to win attendance records and lose to VMI in February or get beat by 4 TDs by Tennessee in May. We built the damn thing to host Super Regionals.

Todd4State
What? No. Goodness.

Yeah. The thing is it wasn't JUST the cheating with Cann. He lost the respect of the team. If we didn't fire him then it was going to just get worse.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 08:52 PM
The problem wasn't primarily cheating on his wife (which a lot of college coaches do), the problem was that he was apparently obsessed with the affair to the point that he was totally distracted from doing the coaching job he was being paid to do.

And as I said, we should've suspended him and revisited the subject in June. I understand he lost the team, but he lost THAT team. Not THE program. Most of our players were still very close to Cannizarro. Hell he texted half the damn team the day we won it all. If we still felt uneasy then you move forward with the search after the season. I thought it was bad when we fired him and I knew he was cheating in December . Again that's my opinion. It has never changed and probably won't ever change. I saw a guy who could've been the best coach we ever had. I hated to see it end how it did. I thought we could've rehabilitated him.

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 08:53 PM

Do you remember the opening weekend that resulted in him getting fired? It was worse than what happened today....

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 08:57 PM
Do you remember the opening weekend that resulted in him getting fired? It was worse than what happened today....

Oh I do. I was there. It was bad. It wasn't worse than the last two years though. Again, I'm well aware my opinion is unpopular. But I guarantee you we would have a hell of a lot more fight with him in the dugout than Lemons sitting on a bucket.

R2Dawg
02-18-2023, 09:11 PM
Then your loyalty is with Lemonis and not Mississippi State. HE recruited these guys. HE makes the final call on every decision. HE is the one making 1 million plus. This is a results business. What does winning a national championship mean if you can't do it again. You either produce or you need to hit the road. Foxhall should've been gone last year.

We have a 60 million dollar stadium. We didn't build it to win attendance records and lose to VMI in February or get beat by 4 TDs by Tennessee in May. We built the damn thing to host Super Regionals.

This is why any coach wanting to achieve comes to MSU. Lemo did some good things but that seems like a decade ago now in light of the level of baseball we see now. He needs to adjust quickly with what he has.

Mjoelner34
02-18-2023, 09:13 PM

I was wondering today if Foxhall will be Lemonis' Woody McCorvey.

Saltydog
02-18-2023, 09:23 PM

This we agree on.........I think they should've sat him down and had a face to face and given a stern warning before he was fired and from my knowledge, that didn't happen..........

Todd4State
02-18-2023, 09:28 PM

No. I'm logical. We need a pitching coach. Not a head coach.

Homedawg
02-18-2023, 09:36 PM
No. I'm logical. We need a pitching coach. Not a head coach.

While we are on nobody is safe. Why is lem?? I like him. I think he's good. I do. But he is 100% responsible for how much scholarship everyone gets. Fox and lem are both good coaches. The same two guys that led us to the series two years in a row. They didn't get stupid. But I get our performance today is completely unacceptable. I'm not gonna go ole miss fan til I see it play out.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 09:43 PM
This we agree on.........I think they should've sat him down and had a face to face and given a stern warning before he was fired and from my knowledge, that didn't happen..........

So it did happen. It happened in January after he got back from the bowl game. That I know for certain. And look I understand my opinion is not popular especially since we told him to stop it before the season. However, I have always thought the play was suspend him and revisit the situation in June. Give him time to work on himself and his marriage outside of the stress of the season and if he was able to be contrite and willing to amend the contract where it was clearly stated that at the first whiff of this sort of thing happening he is gone no questions asked. Again, that is me and what I would have done. I am not paid to make that decision though.

Homedawg
02-18-2023, 09:50 PM
So it did happen. It happened in January after he got back from the bowl game. That I know for certain. And look I understand my opinion is not popular especially since we told him to stop it before the season. However, I have always thought the play was suspend him and revisit the situation in June. Give him time to work on himself and his marriage outside of the stress of the season and if he was able to be contrite and willing to amend the contract where it was clearly stated that at the first whiff of this sort of thing happening he is gone no questions asked. Again, that is me and what I would have done. I am not paid to make that decision though.

He didn't get fired for banging a chick. He got fired from not doing his damn job. Keeping him would have set us back a half decade.

RockyDog
02-18-2023, 09:51 PM
Club ball. Lol. Support a real sport

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 09:54 PM
He didn't get fired for banging a chick. He got fired from not doing his damn job. Keeping him would have set us back a half decade.

He made the supers with position players pitching. He did get caught up in social media and things of that nature. That prevented him from doing his job at the highest level. However, as I stated, I think if you could've suspended for the year and let him get refocused and you were comfortable with him again then you bring him back. Because when he was focused, he was one of the best coaches in the country.

Homedawg
02-18-2023, 10:18 PM
He made the supers with position players pitching. He did get caught up in social media and things of that nature. That prevented him from doing his job at the highest level. However, as I stated, I think if you could've suspended for the year and let him get refocused and you were comfortable with him again then you bring him back. Because when he was focused, he was one of the best coaches in the country.

Nobody on that roster respected him. They were why he got fired. They ratted him out. No way he should have stayed. None.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 10:24 PM
Nobody on that roster respected him. They were why he got fired. They ratted him out. No way he should have stayed. None.

There were quite a few who still respected Cann. You are right about a group that ratted him out. And they should have. That decision to immediately cut bait is what has just never sat well with me. I think he could've earned back the respect. And again, like I said, if you revisited the subject in June and a majority of the returning players still said there's no way in hell we'll take him then you don't.

Rawdawg
02-18-2023, 10:27 PM
We don?t win a national title without Cann flipping Tanner Allen from LSU. Lemonis won the title but he walked into a roster with dudes on it. We haven?t signed a player with the balls the kids from 2017-2021 had since Lem has been here.

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 10:43 PM
He was screwing a university employee... you guys have lost your minds

CJDAWG85
02-18-2023, 10:47 PM
Doesn?t take away from the fact he could recruit.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 10:47 PM

Dan was too. We didn't fire him when we found out about it years before he left.

Cowbell
02-18-2023, 10:48 PM
We don?t win a national title without Cann flipping Tanner Allen from LSU. Lemonis won the title but he walked into a roster with dudes on it. We haven?t signed a player with the balls the kids from 2017-2021 had since Lem has been here.

Landon Sims begs to differ

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 10:49 PM

Landon was signed by Andy.

Homedawg
02-18-2023, 10:54 PM

Bednar.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 10:55 PM
Bednar.

Yea that's the one that Lemonis brought us. And hey we are thankful because he went on the heater of a lifetime for two weeks.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 11:02 PM
Hey guys there is small flicker at the end of the tunnel. Tennessee lost tonight is now 0-2 for the year.

Todd4State
02-18-2023, 11:14 PM
While we are on nobody is safe. Why is lem?? I like him. I think he's good. I do. But he is 100% responsible for how much scholarship everyone gets. Fox and lem are both good coaches. The same two guys that led us to the series two years in a row. They didn't get stupid. But I get our performance today is completely unacceptable. I'm not gonna go ole miss fan til I see it play out.

I don't think he is above reproach. I just think the biggest issue is the pitching coach. Lemonis has shown that he can coach and recruit. Defense hasn't been a major issue during his tenure and I think that gets fixed. I'm lumping the base stealing on us under defense and if we have to we'll start Highfill I'm sure if it continues to be bad.

So I think we give Lemonis an elite pitching coach to go with Gautreau and see how it plays out from there. If it's still bad then you have to fire Lemonis at that point.

Todd4State
02-18-2023, 11:15 PM
Dan was too. We didn't fire him when we found out about it years before he left.

That's because Dan was still doing his job until the Egg Bowl.

Goldendawg
02-18-2023, 11:21 PM

They are starting to look like Croom and Woody, but different sport.**

Goldendawg
02-18-2023, 11:23 PM

He was also sexting from the dugout when he was supposed to be working during a game against USM.

Goldendawg
02-18-2023, 11:26 PM

This.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 11:26 PM
He was also sexting from the dugout when he was supposed to be working during a game against USM.

Oh I was in Hattiesburg. It actually was comforting to find out he wasn't focused on the game so we had an excuse for why we looked like crap. I have stated multiple times in this thread that we 100% should not have let him coach the rest of that season. I just believe we should've suspended him and revisited the topic in June and if everyone still felt the same and bridges just couldn't be mended then yes you continue with letting him go.

And again, it's water under the bridge now. He probably won't ever coach at this level again. He made a mistake and our administration acted in a way they saw fit. Whether I think it's right or wrong is irrelevant. We have to live with the results of that decision and the ensuing decisions that it caused.

Goldendawg
02-18-2023, 11:33 PM

Where is he now?

The Federalist Engineer
02-18-2023, 11:33 PM
There is a chance that today was an aberration- I just dreamed this and it never happened

WSOPdawg
02-18-2023, 11:34 PM
Hey guys there is small flicker at the end of the tunnel. Tennessee lost tonight is now 0-2 for the year.

Yeah but their losses will rate much better than this RPI-killer of a loss.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 11:36 PM
Where is he now?

Don't know. Don't keep up with him. Last I heard he pissed off some parents at the high school he was at because he didn't want to start their senior sons and one of the dads tried to fight him in the parking lot. Ya know, usual high school parent ball BS.

Again, when he's focused and he has the talent he's one of the best coaches in the country. He had that here. He recruits circles around Lemonis. He also evaluates circles Lemonis but that's another topic completely.

TNDawg35
02-19-2023, 12:01 AM
Don't know. Don't keep up with him. Last I heard he pissed off some parents at the high school he was at because he didn't want to start their senior sons and one of the dads tried to fight him in the parking lot. Ya know, usual high school parent ball BS.

Again, when he's focused and he has the talent he's one of the best coaches in the country. He had that here. He recruits circles around Lemonis. He also evaluates circles Lemonis but that's another topic completely.

Not trying to take up for him, but Lemonis just had the #2 ranked transfer class and the #4 ranked high school class. His classes coming are also very good. The one that needs to go is Foxhall. Not being able to throw strikes against a team that can’t hit shit is very bad. The one kid was like 1-2 and scored 5 runs. How the hell is that possible. Your ahead 10-1, throw the ball down the gut and make them hit it…

Now I may be in the minority here, but Hancock cost us a lot of strikes. He jerks the ball way too much. We sat there and watch LoTan be elite when he cared and now we’re watching a huge downgrade. For a team to steal 12 bases on you is inexcusable. That can’t happen…

StarkVegasSteve
02-19-2023, 12:10 AM
Not trying to take up for him, but Lemonis just had the #2 ranked transfer class and the #4 ranked high school class. His classes coming are also very good. The one that needs to go is Foxhall. Not being able to throw strikes against a team that can’t hit shit is very bad. The one kid was like 1-2 and scored 5 runs. How the hell is that possible. Your ahead 10-1, throw the ball down the gut and make them hit it…

Now I may be in the minority here, but Hancock cost us a lot of strikes. He jerks the ball way too much. We sat there and watch LoTan be elite when he cared and now we’re watching a huge downgrade. For a team to steal 12 bases on you is inexcusable. That can’t happen…

He did. And kudos to him for bringing in a solid class. And maybe we'll have some hits in the next couple of classes, but these continual misses are killing us. I mean our 19 class, which was mostly Cann outside of Bednar, was a good class. Sims, Tanner, James, KC, Stone Simmons have all contributed for us. We had some stinkers in it too. But we mostly missed with our 2020 class whether by losing them to the draft or misevaluation. Mostly missed on our 2021 class for the same reasons. That's two classes of guys and we have positive contributions from a total of 6 guys in those two classes.

ScottH
02-19-2023, 12:59 AM
There appears to be a reason the coaches voted us last in the west.

Saltydog
02-19-2023, 01:06 AM
Not trying to take up for him, but Lemonis just had the #2 ranked transfer class and the #4 ranked high school class. His classes coming are also very good. The one that needs to go is Foxhall. Not being able to throw strikes against a team that can?t hit shit is very bad. The one kid was like 1-2 and scored 5 runs. How the hell is that possible. Your ahead 10-1, throw the ball down the gut and make them hit it?

Now I may be in the minority here, but Hancock cost us a lot of strikes. He jerks the ball way too much. We sat there and watch LoTan be elite when he cared and now we?re watching a huge downgrade. For a team to steal 12 bases on you is inexcusable. That can?t happen?

Being highly ranked on paper doesn't mean jack if you can't back it up on the field. Larry and Ledbetter are working out fine but the others haven't impressed me....

msudawg1200
02-19-2023, 10:28 AM
Oh I was in Hattiesburg. It actually was comforting to find out he wasn't focused on the game so we had an excuse for why we looked like crap. I have stated multiple times in this thread that we 100% should not have let him coach the rest of that season. I just believe we should've suspended him and revisited the topic in June and if everyone still felt the same and bridges just couldn't be mended then yes you continue with letting him go.

And again, it's water under the bridge now. He probably won't ever coach at this level again. He made a mistake and our administration acted in a way they saw fit. Whether I think it's right or wrong is irrelevant. We have to live with the results of that decision and the ensuing decisions that it caused.

No, he should've been fired as he was. I'm pretty sure the sexting was the final straw with him. That was a fireable offense anyway. The dude is sexting the entire series of a major college baseball game. That's not acceptable even for a middle school coach.

3dawgnight15
02-19-2023, 10:49 AM
I?d love to hear CML?s post game. Not throwing players under the bus be damned. Lemonis doesn?t owe use anything but I?d love to hear his post meeting with the players and see if there?s some fire in him. Foxhall should be made to wear a pink hat today.

Pancho
02-19-2023, 10:52 AM
Pitching was a crap show last year and it sure appears to still be that way. It's already nut cutting time in game 3. buckle up folks and hang on cuz we finna find out is Dan McDonnell really knew his shit or not.

maroonmania
02-19-2023, 11:04 AM
Pitching was a crap show last year and it sure appears to still be that way. It's already nut cutting time in game 3. buckle up folks and hang on cuz we finna find out is Dan McDonnell really knew his shit or not.

Its just unreal that we had a 9 run lead against a team that CAN'T HIT and our pitchers still can't throw strikes. Totally sickening that we will have this RPI killer of a loss saddled around our neck all year in a game that we outhit the opponent 17-7. Of course, if our pitching is this way all year, our RPI will have a lot more issues than this loss to VMI.

Pancho
02-19-2023, 11:06 AM
the struggle is real. the question is whether Lemo knows it

EdwardDrayton
02-19-2023, 11:24 AM
It's the SECOND game folks. Some of y'all hold your water about as well as a scared young puppy.

StarkVegasSteve
02-19-2023, 12:02 PM
It's the SECOND game folks. Some of y'all hold your water about as well as a scared young puppy.

It is not that we lost, that would be bad on its own but it is that we lost the same way we lost games last year. Walks and an inconsistent bullpen. It makes it look like the coaching staff did nothing to quell those issues.

EdwardDrayton
02-19-2023, 12:11 PM
It is not that we lost, that would be bad on its own but it is that we lost the same way we lost games last year. Walks and an inconsistent bullpen. It makes it look like the coaching staff did nothing to quell those issues.

Yeah but think I remember this same level of consternation when Arkansas swept us at home in 2021. It's just waaay too early to be concerned. Let's see how things play out.

StarkVegasSteve
02-19-2023, 12:25 PM
Yeah but think I remember this same level of consternation when Arkansas swept us at home in 2021. It's just waaay too early to be concerned. Let's see how things play out.

Completely different scenarios. That was getting beat by a team that was just head and shoulders better than us. We also did not have glaring issues other than knowing Arkansas was just a better team.

tcdog70
02-19-2023, 12:43 PM

How about help Hancock with some pitchouts? How about only throw fast balls with runners on first? Could we throw over to first to hold them closer? Coaching seems to be problem. Not pinch hitting for LF to start the ninth is a fireable offense. Sending Clark to third was also piss poor coaching?JR High coaches know not to make the first out at third.

StarkVegasSteve
02-19-2023, 01:12 PM
How about help Hancock with some pitchouts? How about only throw fast balls with runners on first? Could we throw over to first to hold them closer? Coaching seems to be problem. Not pinch hitting for LF to start the ninth is a fireable offense. Sending Clark to third was also piss poor coaching?JR High coaches know not to make the first out at third.

Pitchouts would be great if he had the accuracy or velocity to make that throw. They still would have stole on us. Also a jr. high coach would also probably know that there was already 1 out in the inning.

EdwardDrayton
02-19-2023, 01:16 PM

Remind me again where we finished that year

StarkVegasSteve
02-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Remind me again where we finished that year

Remind me who was in our bullpen that year.

EdwardDrayton
02-19-2023, 01:24 PM
Remind me who was in our bullpen that year.

LOL! Isn't this fun! But it does seem a little questionable that Arkansas was better than us given the eventual ....... well, you know .....