PDA

View Full Version : Next Severe Threat Wednesday

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
I've been watching this for a couple of days now and it's intriguing to say the least. Some of the models show nothing at all Wednesday. And then there's the GFS. The GFS has been fairly consistent in placing the severe parameters in video game levels that are scary. Will either extreme be correct or somewhere in between? I just don't know. Reading the SPC discussion it sounded to me like they highlighted it just because of the potential significance of the storm if the GFS soliton verifies admitting there was a lot of model variability. Usually they wait until there is good model agreement before issuing a threat area so this will be interesting to watch unfold.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/partners/outlooks/state/images/MS_swody5_PROB.png?1676713805

DLGDawg
02-18-2023, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=starkvegasdawg;1500114]I've been watching this for a couple of days now and it's intriguing to say the least. Some of the models show nothing at all Wednesday. And then there's the GFS. The GFS has been fairly consistent in placing the severe parameters in video game levels that are scary. Will either extreme be correct or somewhere in between? I just don't know. Reading the SPC discussion it sounded to me like they highlighted it just because of the potential significance of the storm if the GFS soliton verifies admitting there was a lot of model variability. Usually they wait until there is good model agreement before issuing a threat area so this will be interesting to watch unfold.

80+ degrees in our area mid week, in February....yikes. Seems that would have to cook something up.

TheLostDawg
02-18-2023, 10:50 AM
We always appreciate your updates. Thanks

ArrowDawg
02-18-2023, 11:53 AM
I've been watching this for a couple of days now and it's intriguing to say the least. Some of the models show nothing at all Wednesday. And then there's the GFS. The GFS has been fairly consistent in placing the severe parameters in video game levels that are scary. Will either extreme be correct or somewhere in between? I just don't know. Reading the SPC discussion it sounded to me like they highlighted it just because of the potential significance of the storm if the GFS soliton verifies admitting there was a lot of model variability. Usually they wait until there is good model agreement before issuing a threat area so this will be interesting to watch unfold.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/partners/outlooks/state/images/MS_swody5_PROB.png?1676713805

Severe weather? HERE, in the deep south? Every week of our lives? I never would have guessed.

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2023, 12:38 PM
And it add a wrinkle to things, Jackson radar is down for maintenance.

RocketDawg
02-18-2023, 01:13 PM

Getting ready for the traditional severe weather season.

DownwardDawg
02-18-2023, 09:29 PM

Does anything work in Jackson Mississippi??

parabrave
02-19-2023, 03:19 AM
Actually Jackson has nothing to do with it. But the US Govt is responsible for NOAA and we know how on top of things they have been lately/

starkvegasdawg
02-19-2023, 08:52 AM
Threat area has been shaved down to areas NW of a line from Vicksburg to Tupelo. Also seeing more chatter that as of right now storm mode looks to be predominantly linear instead of open warm sector discrete storms. They will reduce the tornado threat but increase the straight line to one threat. Will start to get a better handle on it in the next 24 hours as more medium and short range models come into play.

TUSK
02-19-2023, 01:42 PM

You should pay for the "Extra Gold Premium Tusk" Package for your Weather Model thingy.... This time, it's on me:

State82
02-19-2023, 02:14 PM
You should pay for the "Extra Gold Premium Tusk" Package for your Weather Model thingy.... This time, it's on me:

Geez, you killin' me. Stop it before I blow mimosas out my nose.

starkvegasdawg
02-20-2023, 07:36 AM
Threat starting to fall apart.