PDA

View Full Version : Proud moment

Cowbell
02-17-2023, 09:29 PM
I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. I mean this with the upmost respect. At one point in the game, we had two African-American players on base at the same time. I can't for the life of me remember the last time I saw that at Dudy Noble. Two absolute stud human beings from all accounts. I try not to see skin color, but this made me proud. For the demographic we have in this great state, we should be seeing more diversity within our baseball program. It honestly made me proud.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2023, 10:30 PM
It?s tremendous and we need African American players to become heros of young African American kids so they play more baseball.

African Americans simply make baseball better. More diverse, more speed, more athleticism, and more fun to watch.

The key to the growth of baseball is getting African Americans interested in the sport again.

Homedawg
02-17-2023, 10:38 PM
It?s tremendous and we need African American players to become heros of young African American kids so they play more baseball.

African Americans simply make baseball better. More diverse, more speed, more athleticism, and more fun to watch.

The key to the growth of baseball is getting African Americans interested in the sport again.

While true. Jimmy the Greek got fired for saying the same thing. They are more talented, athletically. Now how he said they got that way got him canned.

Saltydog
02-17-2023, 10:51 PM
I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. I mean this with the upmost respect. At one point in the game, we had two African-American players on base at the same time. I can't for the life of me remember the last time I saw that at Dudy Noble. Two absolute stud human beings from all accounts. I try not to see skin color, but this made me proud. For the demographic we have in this great state, we should be seeing more diversity within our baseball program. It honestly made me proud.

We had two in 2014. Demarcus Henderson and Derrick Armstrong.

Todd4State
02-17-2023, 10:57 PM
I just want good baseball players on our team I don't care what color their skin is.

archdog
02-17-2023, 11:22 PM
Nm

archdog
02-17-2023, 11:22 PM
Baseball has seen a drastic loss of numbers of black players over the last 20 years.

This isn?t me saying this, OTL, NPR, ESPN, and others have been discussing this for the past decade.

Liverpooldawg
02-17-2023, 11:27 PM
NIL is going to go a long way to getting young African American players into the college game.

msudawg1200
02-18-2023, 08:00 AM
I just want good baseball players on our team I don't care what color their skin is.

This. They can be all black, all white, all Hispanic, all mixed, etc. I DGAS as long as we win.

SteelCurtain74
02-18-2023, 08:16 AM
I thought Maroon was the only color that mattered.

R2Dawg
02-18-2023, 08:45 AM

This.

Every time skin color is brought up, there is an issue. Our culture is obsessed with it. We are light years away from where MLK had a dream.

99jc
02-18-2023, 09:23 AM
This.

Every time skin color is brought up, there is an issue. Our culture is obsessed with it. We are light years away from where MLK had a dream.

Here we go again!

somebodyshotmypaw
02-18-2023, 09:33 AM

It would be tremendous and we need more white basketball players to become heroes of young white kids so they play more basketball.

Caucasians simply make basketball better. More diverse, smarter, better shooters, and more fun to watch.

The key to the growth of basketball is getting whites interested in the sport again.

KOdawg1
02-18-2023, 09:50 AM
It's absolutely a good thing to have black players. Historically, some of the greatest baseball players of all time have been black, but today, they make up a small % of the players.

KOdawg1
02-18-2023, 09:51 AM
Delete

archdog
02-18-2023, 09:57 AM
Looks like a bunch of people are taking this exactly the wrong way.

Leroy Jenkins
02-18-2023, 10:03 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/636/113/d8c.gif

KOdawg1
02-18-2023, 10:03 AM
Looks like a bunch of people are taking this exactly the wrong way.
Yeah their inner racism is showing

TUSK
02-18-2023, 11:00 AM
https://media.tenor.com/vQKJdkZLBzwAAAAi/yes-im-in-randy-marsh-south-park.gif

BeardoMSU
02-18-2023, 11:07 AM
https://media.tenor.com/Q4kf4VAIRDIAAAAM/the-simpsons-exit.gif

662dawg
02-18-2023, 11:36 AM
They are not African American players. They've likely never stepped foot in Africa. They are Americans, born & raised. That said, they are two outstanding baseball players & we will be proud of all they're going to accomplish in the maroon & white uniform. Both will be considered among the all time great Bulldog baseball players by the time they leave Starkville.

DownwardDawg
02-18-2023, 11:45 AM
Yeah their inner racism is showing

Yet prominent black leaders keep screaming the same thing. And somehow it's still racist to say that we need to stop mentioning color.
Stupid

Like Todd said, I want great baseball players. I was thrilled seeing our lead off batter last night. Didn't give two shits what color he is.

KOdawg1
02-18-2023, 11:46 AM
They are not African American players. They've likely never stepped foot in Africa..

*raised eye brow*

DownwardDawg
02-18-2023, 11:46 AM
They are not African American players. They've likely never stepped foot in Africa. They are Americans, born & raised. That said, they are two outstanding baseball players & we will be proud of all they're going to accomplish in the maroon & white uniform. Both will be considered among the all time great Bulldog baseball players by the time they leave Starkville.

Amen!!

somebodyshotmypaw
02-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Yet prominent black leaders keep screaming the same thing. And somehow it's still racist to say that we need to stop mentioning color.
Stupid

Like Todd said, I want great baseball players. I was thrilled seeing our lead off batter last night. Didn't give two shits what color he is.

Agreed.

662dawg
02-18-2023, 12:16 PM
!

662dawg
02-18-2023, 12:17 PM
*raised eye brow*

No need to raise your eye brow. I taught my black son that he's not African American & to reject anyone claiming that he is, because he is an American & he is no different than any other American.

Being put in these ridiculous & made up categories & told that they are "less than" are part of the reason why some people can't get past a life that they or likely anyone in their family has ever had to live through. It's actually blatantly racist, yet the person that sees the black man as just an American that is equal to them is the one called racist.

Politicians & activists love to keep this division going bc they profit big time from it. It's one of the largest money grabs in the world & now you're starting to see the same thing with the transgender(demonic) movement. At this rate it will over take the race bait grift within 10 years. We are living in an upside down world.

KOdawg1
02-18-2023, 12:20 PM
No need to raise your eye brow. I taught my black son that he's not African American & to reject anyone claiming that he is, because he is an American & he is no different than any other American.

Being put in these ridiculous & made up categories & told that they are "less than" are part of the reason why some people can't get past a life that they or likely anyone in their family has ever had to live through. It's actually blatantly racist, yet the person that sees the black man as just an American that is equal to them is the one called racist.

Politicians & activists love to keep this division going bc they profit big time from it. It's one of the largest money grabs in the world & now you're starting to see the same thing with the transgender(demonic) movement. At this rate it will over take the race bait grift within 10 years. We are living in an upside down world.

Kewl

662dawg
02-18-2023, 12:24 PM
Kewl

Is this where I call you racist? 😁

KOdawg1
02-18-2023, 12:26 PM
Is this where I call you racist? 😁
For saying "kewl"?

I mean if you want.

662dawg
02-18-2023, 12:32 PM
For saying "kewl"?

I mean if you want.

😎

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 01:05 PM
I personally don't give a rats ass. Now, I'm sure there's some people who do and if this convinces minorities to go pick up baseball and we get another Amani Larry in 5-7 years then that's awesome. But honestly, just give me 8-12 guys who can hit and field and 5-8 guys who can pitch. Let them be green or blue for all I care.

TUSK
02-18-2023, 01:19 PM
https://media.tenor.com/Q4kf4VAIRDIAAAAM/the-simpsons-exit.gif

You aight? Ya been a bit slow on the trigger lately.... js

Quaoarsking
02-18-2023, 01:34 PM
"African American" is not technically a synonym for black, it is the same category as "German American" or "Italian American" or "Chinese American" (or in my case, Swedish American) to denote where a person's ancestry is from. Because detailed records where not kept, descendants of slaves do not know what country their ancestors were forcibly brought here from (though in the last decade, services like 23andMe have given some clues), so the most specific they can get is a continent.

TUSK
02-18-2023, 02:50 PM
"African American" is not technically a synonym for black, it is the same category as "German American" or "Italian American" or "Chinese American" (or in my case, Swedish American) to denote where a person's ancestry is from. Because detailed records where not kept, descendants of slaves do not know what country their ancestors were forcibly brought here from (though in the last decade, services like 23andMe have given some clues), so the most specific they can get is a continent.

I saw no reference to "RedNeck-American"... Xenophobe!!!

Leroy Jenkins
02-18-2023, 03:00 PM
I saw no reference to "RedNeck-American"... Xenophope!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvs6AfbaQc0

TUSK
02-18-2023, 04:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvs6AfbaQc0

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Leroy Jenkins again.