PDA

View Full Version : SDS SEC Baseball Rankings

TNDawg35
02-17-2023, 11:08 AM
Had State 13th in the SEC. Said we have no pitching and will have to rely on transfers. Said offense would sputter also, but Hines could break out and Hancock ?could? be ok at the plate but solid behind it.

Hell everyone relays on transfers. How is it we have 2 guys going that were both drafted, and our 3rd guy has better stats than Skenes, yet we are getting shelled.

The blatant disrespect we have gotten this off season and even now is mind blowing. I understand what happened last year is still in everyone?s head, but at some point you have to actually look at stuff.

Ole Miss is getting praised like they are going repeat yet they only have Elliot back and are relying on a freshman and a d2 transfer in their rotation. Gonzalas can?t hit and catch every ball for them?

I hope to god Lemonis is showing all this shit to them and they are fired up to make a statement. Everyone talking about Tenn revenge tour, **** them, this is States revenge tour and it starts today?

PS I also called out of work last night and haven?t slept. I?m too excited?

StarkVegasSteve
02-17-2023, 12:07 PM
Had State 13th in the SEC. Said we have no pitching and will have to rely on transfers. Said offense would sputter also, but Hines could break out and Hancock ?could? be ok at the plate but solid behind it.

Hell everyone relays on transfers. How is it we have 2 guys going that were both drafted, and our 3rd guy has better stats than Skenes, yet we are getting shelled.

The blatant disrespect we have gotten this off season and even now is mind blowing. I understand what happened last year is still in everyone?s head, but at some point you have to actually look at stuff.

Ole Miss is getting praised like they are going repeat yet they only have Elliot back and are relying on a freshman and a d2 transfer in their rotation. Gonzalas can?t hit and catch every ball for them?

I hope to god Lemonis is showing all this shit to them and they are fired up to make a statement. Everyone talking about Tenn revenge tour, **** them, this is States revenge tour and it starts today?

It's not blatant disrespect. We're relying on pitchers who either haven't done it consistently or haven't done it at this level. We finished DEAD F'N LAST in 2022 because of.....pitching. And what's our biggest question mark this year? PITCHING. It's completely valid concerns that every reliable baseball publication has stated. Our pitching will make or break the season.

Now to the Ole Miss point....we had those same praises being heaped on us last year and had the same questions. We were relying on Landon Sims and everyone else to just figure it out.

Also, its F'N SDS. Their opinion on baseball matters about as much as Stephen A Smith talking about the English Premier League.

Saltydog
02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
It's not blatant disrespect. We're relying on pitchers who either haven't done it consistently or haven't done it at this level. We finished DEAD F'N LAST in 2022 because of.....pitching. And what's our biggest question mark this year? PITCHING. It's completely valid concerns that every reliable baseball publication has stated. Our pitching will make or break the season.

Now to the Ole Miss point....we had those same praises being heaped on us last year and had the same questions. We were relying on Landon Sims and everyone else to just figure it out.

Also, its F'N SDS. Their opinion on baseball matters about as much as Stephen A Smith talking about ANYTHING.

FIFY

The Federalist Engineer
02-17-2023, 01:55 PM
I am being excessively proud...

But ED knows more about College Baseball that most every "covering" College Baseball. SDS is like listening to American female reporters covering World Cup soccer, "experts" because they played U-8 in suburban Fort Worth

Even the best guys at D1 really can't tell me anything I already don't know through ED

State82
02-17-2023, 02:22 PM
Even the best guys at D1 really can't tell me anything I already don't know through ED

This is true. I'm pretty confident there is not another fan message board that can come close to this one when it comes to baseball.

Liverpooldawg
02-17-2023, 11:51 PM

I don't keep up enough with baseball to know anything about that ranking. I'm just chiming in to remind everyone of SDS's Confederate bias.

Ranchdawg
02-18-2023, 06:05 AM
To *#@% with the National media and especially those piece of crap sites like D-1 etc They seldom get it correct as to who wins or makes it Omaha. We looked pretty damn good last night. Will win the SEC or make it Omaha. Don?t think so but could. The SEC is insanely good this year. But one thing I know for sure we won?t be dead last in the conference this year.

Just like we always get picked last in the conference in football. And how many times have we actually finished last.

Todd4State
02-18-2023, 11:36 AM
I am being excessively proud...

But ED knows more about College Baseball that most every "covering" College Baseball. SDS is like listening to American female reporters covering World Cup soccer, "experts" because they played U-8 in suburban Fort Worth

I was going to say the average baseball poster here probably could write a better article.

maroonmania
02-18-2023, 07:11 PM

SDS appears to be right on the money. :(

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-18-2023, 07:15 PM
SDS appears to be right on the money. :(

Yep, stop the season now. Game 2 of the season is where you see who is or isn't good. No good team ever had a bad pitching performance early***

msstate7
02-18-2023, 07:18 PM
Yep, stop the season now. Game 2 of the season is where you see who is or isn't good. No good team ever had a bad pitching performance early***

Dude, we've sucked at pitching for over a year now.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-18-2023, 07:34 PM
Dude, we've sucked at pitching for over a year now.

Correct! But what if Gartman is a stud? What if Cjinte is a stud? There are a lot of arms we haven't seen and a lot of time for people like Hunt to get it together. I'm not writing off a new team because last years kids sucked. Am I confident we can pitch? Hell no. I wanted FOxhaull fired after last year But I'm not panicking after game 2 either.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 07:36 PM
Correct! But what if Gartman is a stud? What if Cjinte is a stud? There are a lot of arms we haven't seen and a lot of time for people like Hunt to get it together. I'm not writing off a new team because last years kids sucked. Am I confident we can pitch? Hell no. I wanted FOxhaull fired after last year But I'm not panicking after game 2 either.

And here's the thing, we don't have to have an amazing bullpen. We need two guys to close and two guys who can eat innings. We don't have to have a bullpen full of Chad Girodo's or Jonathan Holder. We need a Girodo, a Lindgren, a Colby White, and a Cole Gordon. Sims and Holder don't come around often. But those types of guys we can find.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-18-2023, 07:40 PM
And here's the thing, we don't have to have an amazing bullpen. We need two guys to close and two guys who can eat innings. We don't have to have a bullpen full of Chad Girodo's or Jonathan Holder. We need a Girodo, a Lindgren, a Colby White, and a Cole Gordon. Sims and Holder don't come around often. But those types of guys we can find.

Well... while I like having an ally on this topic I do think you're underselling the hill we need to climb- the bullpen you list is based on having competent starters, and we have 0 proven of those

Activated Alpha
02-18-2023, 07:44 PM
Sorry, but after game 2 of the season in which you repeat pretty much the same glaring issues from last year is a problem. I don't trust a damn soul on our pitching staff at this point

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2023, 07:46 PM
Well... while I like having an ally on this topic I do think you're underselling the hill we need to climb- the bullpen you list is based on having competent starters, and we have 0 proven of those

Also true. I think Cade and Gartman can give you quality starts. It is figuring out that 3rd starter. And maybe it is KC, but maybe it is Loftin, or Jurrangelo, or even Nate Dohm. But we have to figure that out. Tomorrow will be very telling because if Gartman struggles then we could be in a world of trouble relying on young, unproven, or untrustworthy arms.