PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis? interview with Bounds. Notes within

AlSwearengen
02-15-2023, 05:20 PM
For those that haven?t heard it, I will list some takeaways.

-Cade is the Friday guy.
-Lemonis likes Gartman, compared him to Hooty in that he knows how to pitch. While his fastball isn?t crazy velo, he has good analytics on that and I assume his breaking ball (he wasn?t clear, but mentioned analytics on pitches as in plural). He plans to start him.
-The kid from UT has dominant stuff, but we knew that.
-Dohm is good but i don?t think they know for sure yet where he will end up.
-Excited about Loftin and Loo. Sounds like those two might get a serious look as midweek starters. You could tell he has high hopes for Loftin.
-Really talked up Dakota Jordan. Really talked up Dakota Jordan.
-Ledbetter has it all offensively. Speed, power, and is a good hitter.
-Talked about how big and physical the freshmen are after bringing up Highfill and his upside. Said they were all big except Mershon who is a really good player. Several on this board like Mershon. Well, the coaches do too. You could tell Lemonis likes him. Geatreu said he would play for a long time. I think it is safe to say they have future plans for Mershon.
-The lineup is long, in that everyone has the potential to put up good numbers offensively.
-They are reminding them constantly about being projected last in the West.

Lemonis is a sunshine pumper, hopefully for good reason. Time will tell if the optimism is warranted.

The Federalist Engineer
02-15-2023, 05:49 PM
Lemonis pumps sunshine on good players. I don't recall an example otherwise.

When a guy is struggling, he says, "he needs to help us win games and compete better"

That is his code for "this dude is good for the roster but is not pulling his weight.

confucius say
02-15-2023, 06:06 PM
I don't think he's been a sunshine pumper. He's been a realist, good not bad. He knows he has alot of pieces to make a run.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-15-2023, 07:22 PM
We will live or die on the pitching. The lineup will hit. Pitching will tell the story this season.

WSOPdawg
02-15-2023, 07:36 PM
We will live or die on the pitching. The lineup will hit. Pitching will tell the story this season.

In the SEC, pitching and defense win a lot of games... pretty much everybody can hit. I'm thinking our defense can be special this year. We just need a couple pitchers to take the next step in their development... color me cautiously optimistic.