PDA

View Full Version : Darius Carr 2023 SG

ZedFedder
02-14-2023, 05:19 PM
Just saw where he was released from his LOI with NM State. We were on him hard if I am not mistaken. Is there any chance we jump back in the game? Do we have the spots?

https://247sports.com/player/darius-carr-46097731/

CaptainObvious
02-14-2023, 05:26 PM
Just saw where he was released from his LOI with NM State. We were on him hard if I am not mistaken. Is there any chance we jump back in the game? Do we have the spots?

In your link Paul Jones CBS him to State 100% with an 8 out of 10. Looks like Jans wants him.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2023, 05:27 PM
In your link Paul Jones CBS him to State 100% with an 8 out of 10. Looks like Jans wants him.

Nice

Goldendawg
02-14-2023, 05:31 PM

Spots may be available as I expect a couple or three of Howland's young players to hit the portal based on their lack of playing time. I also expect Jones to get put on scholarship as he is really playing well and making a needed contribution off the bench.

ZedFedder
02-14-2023, 05:38 PM
I believe that crystal ball was made back before he committed to NMSU originally.

StarkVegasSteve
02-14-2023, 06:25 PM
I doubt we pursue. Academics were the main reason we backed off him initially. I doubt that has changed. And as someone stated before, that CB was made back in July before he committed anywhere.

Ari Gold
02-14-2023, 07:18 PM
Spots may be available as I expect a couple or three of Howland's young players to hit the portal based on their lack of playing time. I also expect Jones to get put on scholarship as he is really playing well and making a needed contribution off the bench.

Jones for sure will be on scholarship and deservingly so
Russell , Murphy , and Wouldnt be shocked if Hamilton also hit the portal
Matthews will be back , Shaq should be back
Wouldn’t be shocked if we put a very nice NIL package together for Tolu and try and get him to return
I doubt DJ is back
I think really good Chance both McNair and Davis are both back

Will be plenty of room for any players Jans may want to go after

Homedawg
02-14-2023, 08:04 PM
Better pony up to keep tolu.

Thick
02-14-2023, 09:13 PM
Better pony up to keep tolu.

I think what could hurt us with Tolu is that we have no perimeter threat this entire season, so everyone can double team him with no worries of the 3. Transferring might help him. Plus, you can foul him with no regards to him hitting 1 much less 2, but he?s gotten better as of late.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-14-2023, 10:25 PM
Jones for sure will be on scholarship and deservingly so
Russell , Murphy , and Wouldnt be shocked if Hamilton also hit the portal
Matthews will be back , Shaq should be back
Wouldn’t be shocked if we put a very nice NIL package together for Tolu and try and get him to return
I doubt DJ is back
I think really good Chance both McNair and Davis are both back

Will be plenty of room for any players Jans may want to go after

I doubt we see Jones on scholarship

We will put together a nice package for Tolu. The rest is up to him

Not definite but I could see Rams & DJ coming back. I think there’s a better chance both are back more than both are gone

Goldendawg
02-14-2023, 11:05 PM
I doubt we see Jones on scholarship

We will put together a nice package for Tolu. The rest is up to him

Not definite but I could see Rams & DJ coming back. I think there’s a better chance both are back more than both are gone

Falsely told, I hope, that you were on "The Plains". Have missed your insight and info. Hope you're back. Post more. What's your take on all the changes in football for 2023? HailState!

CaptainObvious
02-14-2023, 11:06 PM
So for Tolu, he has to choose between coming back for some NIL funds or play in Italy, Israel, or Greece? He doesn?t have the game or the physical play to get drafted.

Thick
02-14-2023, 11:07 PM
This is true!