PDA

View Full Version : Just read where Memphis Wrestling legend, Jerry Jarrett, has passed away.......

Saltydog
02-14-2023, 05:12 PM
Man, I spent many an hour watching Memphis Wrasslin on WMC on Saturday mornings in my youth. Haven't heard an update on Lawler in the last few days but apparently the outlook was good.

Desoto1967
02-14-2023, 05:29 PM
The interview with him, Lawler, Dutch Mantell, Jeff Jarret and Jimmy Hart recently is a great interview into history of Memphis wrestling

Goldendawg
02-14-2023, 07:06 PM
Loved going to the Mid South Coliseum to see "rasslin", and about a 100 rock concerts in the '70's and early '80's. Got ringside tickets one night among the bikers and hardcore regular fans. A very healthy, elderly women almost beat me up for being for "Handsome Jimmy Valiant", ( my favorite), instead of Bill Dundee. "Concession stand match in Tupelo was legendary. Those days were great. Prayers to the Jarrett family.

Saltydog
02-14-2023, 08:56 PM
Loved going to the Mid South Coliseum to see "rasslin", and about a 100 rock concerts in the '70's and early '80's. Got ringside tickets one night among the bikers and hardcore regular fans. A very healthy, elderly women almost beat me up for being for "Handsome Jimmy Valiant", ( my favorite), instead of Bill Dundee. "Concession stand match in Tupelo was legendary. Those days were great. Prayers to the Jarrett family.

The boogie woogie man, HJV! Yeah, I went to many concerts in the MSC and at Mud Island too. It pains me to see what the MSC looks like now.

DawgFromOxford
02-14-2023, 10:36 PM
The boogie woogie man, HJV! Yeah, I went to many concerts in the MSC and at Mud Island too. It pains me to see what the MSC looks like now.

Won?t pain you to look at it much longer. Plan is to tear it down and replace it with a soccer stadium. https://www.actionnews5.com/2023/02/13/city-seeks-designer-new-901-fc-stadium-with-plans-demolish-mid-south-coliseum/?outputType=amp