PDA

View Full Version : Road to Hoover Podcast

TNDawg35
02-14-2023, 03:40 PM
There was a really interesting podcast called Highway to Hoover that they did the breakdown of State baseball this year. It?s on D1 baseball, if you have that. I?ll touch on the main points below incase you don?t.

- actually kinda high on us. Said we are really fascinating and should be right there just with our offense alone.
- we really don?t have a legit Fri night guy. Said Cade can hang, but he needs to be Sat guy. If we can find a legit Fri guy in Stinnet/Dohm, look out. That would bump Cade/Hunt back to Sat and Sun and then they think we would be very legit.
- Thinks Hines is gonna be really good and they have seen/heard where Alford is breaking out. Those 2 in the middle of the order along with Ledbetter is very scary.
- Really REALLY high on Dakota Jordan. Said they had heard Bo Jackson type comps and if true, he is a once in a generation talent. Add him to the 3 above and State could make noise with anyone.
- also touched on Nixon. Said they think he gets back to form. Change In scenery prolly did him good and he is a legit shutdown type guy.

I keep reading about Dohm and how he is sitting at 95-98 and bumped 99 several times. Why would we not give him a starter shot instead of throwing him in bullpen and blowing him once an inning a wknd?

CaptainObvious
02-14-2023, 05:28 PM
There was a really interesting podcast called Highway to Hoover that they did the breakdown of State baseball this year. It?s on D1 baseball, if you have that. I?ll touch on the main points below incase you don?t.

- actually kinda high on us. Said we are really fascinating and should be right there just with our offense alone.
- we really don?t have a legit Fri night guy. Said Cade can hang, but he needs to be Sat guy. If we can find a legit Fri guy in Stinnet/Dohm, look out. That would bump Cade/Hunt back to Sat and Sun and then they think we would be very legit.
- Thinks Hines is gonna be really good and they have seen/heard where Alford is breaking out. Those 2 in the middle of the order along with Ledbetter is very scary.
- Really REALLY high on Dakota Jordan. Said they had heard Bo Jackson type comps and if true, he is a once in a generation talent. Add him to the 3 above and State could make noise with anyone.
- also touched on Nixon. Said they think he gets back to form. Change In scenery prolly did him good and he is a legit shutdown type guy.

I keep reading about Dohm and how he is sitting at 95-98 and bumped 99 several times. Why would we not give him a starter shot instead of throwing him in bullpen and blowing him once an inning a wknd?

Tennessee pitchers say hold my beer on the 98-99 gun time.

StarkVegasSteve
02-15-2023, 03:14 PM

Lemonis said this morning that our starters are probably not going to go more than 6 ever so having a guy like Dohm come out of the bullpen, ala Preston Johnson, will be paramount to success. You can also spot start him late in the season if one of your starters starts to struggle. It's no different than him starting 5 innings on a Saturday and be wasted for the weekend.

Also, Dohm isn't a Friday night guy in this league. He's not in the same stratosphere of Chase Dollander or a Will Bednar. He's more Jacob Lindgren or Chad Girodo but he throws a little harder. That isn't a knock on Dohm but good Friday night guys in this league are 1st round picks. He's not. He's going to be an important part of this team, and it may even be as a starter. But it won't be the Friday night guy. Cade can be your Friday night guy in this league. He has an extremely high ceiling. He was just put in a terrible spot last year. We constantly would have to leave him out there too long because we had no bullpen for him to turn it over to.