PDA

View Full Version : Dak Prescott is the most special player in MSU History

curmudgeon
11-29-2013, 09:32 AM
He's going to lead us to six straight bowls, and will always be in MSU lore for that performance last night.

With next year's schedule and the entire SEC West rebuilding, we have a chance to do something special with 18 returning starters.

We will build a statue and every bar in Starkville will sell DAKaris when he is done.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Didn't play against Bama, didn't play against Arkansas, split time in the middle of the year with Tyler, didn't play half the Oklahoma State game, didn't play 3 quarters of the game last night. He would have rushed for over 1,000 yards this year.

Biggest difference I see in Dak over every other QB we've had? Vocal leader that doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk. Demanded he get the ball on 4th and 2 because he was going to get in the end zone and he did. He gets results. Teammates play better when they have 100% confidence that the QB and leader of the team is going to do what is necessary to win. That cannot be overstated enough and I believe it's what will drive us next year. Now we've been there done that in tough situations and have a leader in Dak that is THE guy next year no questions asked. Gonna be a fun year next year.

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2013, 09:42 AM
There will be a ton of excitement around the program in the off season leading up to the stadium expansion. State should be 3-0 heading to Baton Rouge next year with a great chance at 7 wins. Anything more than that will be gravy. Huge win for Mullen and Mississippi State!

MetEdDawg
11-29-2013, 09:48 AM
There will be a ton of excitement around the program in the off season leading up to the stadium expansion. State should be 3-0 heading to Baton Rouge next year with a great chance at 7 wins. Anything more than that will be gravy. Huge win for Mullen and Mississippi State!

Not to criticize on a happy day after Egg Bowl, but do you only expect 7 wins next year? I'm thinking 8-10 regular season wins. Everyone including these national media folks think our big year is next year. Dak is a dark horse Heisman candidate, we return 38/44 players on our 2 deep, we have a QB that is 100% built for our offense, and we have an insanely favorable schedule. I truly believe we have the talent to win 10 games next year.

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2013, 09:57 AM
I try to keep a level head about things as far as predicting wins. The schedule sets up nicely, but winning 10 would require us beating teams that are better than us. Winning at Kentucky and beating Vandy at home aren't for sure wins. Like I said, expect 7 and anything else higher is gravy.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Should be an 8-4 season at minimum.

Coach34
11-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Should be an 8-4 season at minimum.

I'm gonna agree here. With what we have returning- anything less than 8 wins will be disappointing. I dont expect us to walk in BR or T-Town and get a win, and winning in Oxford will be damn tough- but losing to both Auburn and A&M on our home field would be disappointing

Raytoraid83
11-29-2013, 03:03 PM
I hate to make the Tebow comparison but......