PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bobo to UGA OC

Big4Dawg
02-14-2023, 11:35 AM
Man, I'm so glad we didn't hire the OC who Gerogia wanted to hire...right guys?

TrapGame
02-14-2023, 11:49 AM
Kirby just ****ed up.

KB21
02-14-2023, 11:53 AM
Bobo describing his offense:

“You know, the base philosophy is we want to be balanced,” Bobo said. “We want to run the ball, we want to play with a tight end and have a tight end side running game and a play action game but at the same time we got to get the guys that we identify as playmakers. We got to get them the ball in their hands.”

“Our style will come out as our identity of our offensive football team develops through spring and through summer and through fall camp,” Bobo said. “Whatever it takes for us to move the ball and not turn it over and put points on the board, that's going to be our style and I think if you've watched or looked at offenses that I've coordinated over the years, it's been, some years it's been, out of 11 personnel, three receivers, one tight end, one back, it's been two backs, it's been 12, two tight ends, two receivers.”

HoopsDawg
02-14-2023, 12:16 PM

UGA fans are irate

CaptainObvious
02-14-2023, 12:22 PM
UGA fans are irate

Apparently they just don?t understand <FAMILY> like State Fans do!***

DownwardDawg
02-14-2023, 01:17 PM

He will do a great there,......with a roster full of 5 star players.

Todd4State
02-14-2023, 01:31 PM
Call me crazy I would rather have had Bobo than Barbay.

662dawg
02-14-2023, 02:01 PM

I think calling you crazy would be an insult to crazy folks after this post... 😭

BulldogDX55
02-14-2023, 02:04 PM
He will do a great there,......with a roster full of 5 star players.

I could OC a team with that roster to 8-9 wins and I've never coached before.

Just like how Saban's teams seem to live and die by their coordinators in any given year, it's just hard for an outsider to tell who the good ones are because the bad ones still win 10 due to the talent advantage and the presence of Saban.

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2023, 02:08 PM
So, being in UGA territory and having mostly UGA friends and family- I can tell you bringing Bobo back as OC will only work because of UGA's superior talent. Bobo under Richt was never as bad as UGA fans made it out to be, but at the same time it was uninventive and couldn't put together the explosiveness needed to be a difference maker. Mark Richt was a low-risk, conservative coach and I think that held UGA back during that era. Kirby is less risk adverse and I think Bobo will benefit some from that and the offense will look a lot like Monken's has the past 2 years.

Dawgface
02-14-2023, 04:07 PM
Crazy.

HoopsDawg
02-14-2023, 04:15 PM
I think calling you crazy would be an insult to crazy folks after this post... 😭

That's good stuff. UGA will lose 2 games with Bobo.

TrapGame
02-14-2023, 04:59 PM
That's good stuff. UGA will lose 2 games with Bobo.

Exactly. Bobo is not a good play caller. That was part of the problem with his first go-around at UGA. Monken had a very smooth offense that seemed to click very well. I expect Bobo's drives to stall out a lot sooner than Monken's did.

RockyDog
02-14-2023, 05:08 PM

You used to be a good poster, aside from your yearly ?I think we are headed to Omaha? predictions but you have hopped on the crazy train with KB. Your disdain for someone that has yet to blow a whistle in spring practice, much less call a play has gotten unbearably ridiculous.

Goldendawg
02-14-2023, 05:13 PM
Let's trust Coach Arnett and his coaching hires for a year or two. If Barbay and his offense is terrible, then you make a move sooner rather than later. Our air raid regressed in 2022. I think Coach Leach would have made some adjustments with the running game if he was still with us. Hail State! Looking forward to Spring Practice.

Goldendawg
02-14-2023, 05:17 PM
You used to be a good poster, aside from your yearly ?I think we are headed to Omaha? predictions but you have hopped on the crazy train with KB. Your disdain for someone that has yet to blow a whistle in spring practice, much less call a play has gotten unbearably ridiculous.

You call out one of our posters headed for 38K posts when you have only 27? You're a brave, young elitedawg!*******. Post on. All opinions, information, and even interesting rumors appreciated here! Hail State!

KB21
02-14-2023, 05:21 PM

It?s not disdain for the coach. It?s disdain for the type of offense he runs.

Goldendawg
02-14-2023, 05:25 PM
It?s not disdain for the coach. It?s disdain for the type of offense he runs.

Didn't his offense at App State beat aTm this past season? I'm interested to seeing some new ideas. JMO.

KB21
02-14-2023, 05:40 PM
Didn't his offense at App State beat aTm this past season? I'm interested to seeing some new ideas. JMO.

He ran the ball 50 times vs TAMU.

DawgPoundtheRock
02-14-2023, 05:50 PM

He won the game

Dawgface
02-14-2023, 06:08 PM
He won the game
Didn?t you know that a win is not a win? It?s only a good win if you pass 50 or more times.

MetEdDawg
02-14-2023, 06:24 PM
Kirby Smart could have had just about anyone he wanted. And he obviously had this in place already since it was announced about 15 minutes after the Monken announcement was made.

This move is making a lot of MSU people rethink how smart they think they are because the coach of the best team in college football that could have picked anyone he wanted picked a guy our fan base said was horrible.

AROB44
02-14-2023, 07:03 PM
Kirby Smart could have had just about anyone he wanted. And he obviously had this in place already since it was announced about 15 minutes after the Monken announcement was made.

This move is making a lot of MSU people rethink how smart they think they are because the coach of the best team in college football that could have picked anyone he wanted picked a guy our fan base said was horrible.

I think you meant "message board coaches ". Surprise, surprise, surprise......message board coaches aren't always right.

ArrowDawg
02-14-2023, 07:04 PM

Give us UGA talent and depth, and just about anybody will succeed as OC.

Homedawg
02-14-2023, 07:04 PM

Um no.

TrapGame
02-14-2023, 08:18 PM

Because Durkin's defense couldn't stop them. It also controlled the clock. It was a brilliant game plan and made Jimbo look like an overpaid fool.

RockyDog
02-14-2023, 08:40 PM
You call out one of our posters headed for 38K posts when you have only 27? You're a brave, young elitedawg!*******. Post on. All opinions, information, and even interesting rumors appreciated here! Hail State!

Long time lurker. And who gives a shit. Todd has added to that 38k with a bunch of dumbass posts since that Barbay stuff started.

DownwardDawg
02-14-2023, 09:59 PM
He won the game

Which is all that matters. Recognizing the defense and adapting.

DownwardDawg
02-14-2023, 10:06 PM
My musician son could coach that offense to 10 wins or more.
It's like Saban. He gets credit for being the greatest coach of all time, but what he really did was put a system in place and recruit/purchase the greatest players in the country. Didn't matter who his assistant coaches were. They "coached" a team of 5 star players.

Homedawg
02-14-2023, 11:25 PM
A great coach makes avg players Good. Good played great. Great players elite. That's what coaching is. A great coach can't make avg players great. Just can't.

KB21
02-14-2023, 11:41 PM
Because Durkin's defense couldn't stop them. It also controlled the clock. It was a brilliant game plan and made Jimbo look like an overpaid fool.

Running the ball 50 times in any game is stupid.

TUSK
02-14-2023, 11:55 PM
Thank god... It's about time this UGA Dynasty died...

we could use some parity... or was this "parody"... ?

RezDog7
02-15-2023, 12:01 AM

Throwing the ball in any game is stupid.

Todd4State
02-15-2023, 01:56 AM

Well, if I did predict that we were going to Omaha yearly I was right three out of the four full seasons you might want to take what I have to say a little more seriously.

Todd4State
02-15-2023, 01:59 AM

What's funny about that is all of the posters on here complaining about Leach's offense having to rely on the defense to win- and then praising Barbay for beating Texas A&M with 17 points and having the entire game plan be to rely on the defense to win.

Todd4State
02-15-2023, 02:00 AM
Long time lurker. And who gives a shit. Todd has added to that 38k with a bunch of dumbass posts since that Barbay stuff started.

Happy Valentine's Day.**

Todd4State
02-15-2023, 02:03 AM

I mean this is the same fan base that ran off Allyn McKeen and Bruce Arians.

Todd4State
02-15-2023, 02:11 AM

My biggest issue is his first down play calling. It's way too run heavy.

The Super Bowl this year- that is the direction that football is going. Lots of passing on first down. Play action. Exotic plays at opportune times. Passing to get the lead and running to stay there and salt away the game. It's a much more entertaining brand of football. Running only in certain situations- light box, to run out the clock with a lead, 3rd and 1, and inside 6 yard line.

We should be doing what Western Kentucky does.

Really Clark?
02-15-2023, 08:10 AM

So it's stupid to win a game. Got it.

Leroy Jenkins
02-15-2023, 08:30 AM

Yeah. Because he would have been here for a month and then gone back to UGA, we would be starting the OC search all over again.

TrapGame
02-15-2023, 08:56 AM

Not when it's working.

This proves right here you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

I believe Dan ran the ball vs Florida in 2010 about 50 times too. Urban couldn't stop us and we controlled the clock.

BorneDawg
02-15-2023, 09:20 AM
My musician son could coach that offense to 10 wins or more.
It's like Saban. He gets credit for being the greatest coach of all time, but what he really did was put a system in place and recruit/purchase the greatest players in the country. Didn't matter who his assistant coaches were. They "coached" a team of 5 star players.

Ive said this for years! Saban is a good coach but he stepped into a top tier program with talent year in and year out. How many think he could have took over State, tsun, vandy,ect... and had the success that he had at lsu or bama? I don't think he could replicate his success......

KB21
02-15-2023, 09:41 AM
My biggest issue is his first down play calling. It's way too run heavy.

The Super Bowl this year- that is the direction that football is going. Lots of passing on first down. Play action. Exotic plays at opportune times. Passing to get the lead and running to stay there and salt away the game. It's a much more entertaining brand of football. Running only in certain situations- light box, to run out the clock with a lead, 3rd and 1, and inside 6 yard line.

We should be doing what Western Kentucky does.

We could have hired Western Kentucky's coordinator. Should have.

KB21
02-15-2023, 09:45 AM
I mean this is the same fan base that ran off Allyn McKeen and Bruce Arians.

Yep. Bruce dared to throw it 30 times a game, so he had to go.

Bruce is one of my favorite coaches of all time. I love his offensive philosophy. No risk it, no biscuit is his philosophy.

KB21
02-15-2023, 09:49 AM
I would have paid good money to hear Bruce and Mike talk about anything.