PDA

View Full Version : NFL Announcers

coachnorm
02-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Do they want every close catch to be incomplete? Are they worried about not being the center of attraction?

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 09:18 PM
Serious question:

Why does how long the receiver has possession of the ball matter if he coughs it up but doesn't matter on a sideline completion?

Just don't understand the rule that the Eagles receiver did not possess the reception long enough and thus could not be a KC scoop and score.

schddog72
02-12-2023, 10:10 PM
Do they want every close catch to be incomplete? Are they worried about not being the center of attraction?

To be fair, these are "C"-list guys to begin with. Not first-teamers by any stretch of the imagination. Of course, anything after Dandy Don Meredith is sub-par at best.

Ari Gold
02-13-2023, 09:43 AM
last year these 2 guys were getting the 3:30 Fox doubleheader game Arizona vs Chicago
Terrible

Brady has 2 years to polish his announcing skills for SB in 2025

R2Dawg
02-13-2023, 12:59 PM
Serious question:

Why does how long the receiver has possession of the ball matter if he coughs it up but doesn't matter on a sideline completion?

Just don't understand the rule that the Eagles receiver did not possess the reception long enough and thus could not be a KC scoop and score.

That is my issue. If first play is reversed as no catch then the second one is no catch. Chiefs got screwed on one of those call, period. How do you get that wrong on replay?

tireddawg
02-13-2023, 01:25 PM
The play by play guy wasn?t terrible, but the color guy was awful. He said, ?they (Chiefs) want Jalen to roll to his left as opposed to his right? No crap, what other way would he roll. He kept talking like we were all 6 and never watched a football game before. He kept on & on about the holding call & how he disagreed. Over & over inflaming Philly fans more. I was surprised on the biggest stage they?d have such a terrible color guy.

viverlibre
02-13-2023, 02:03 PM

I usually don't pay much attention to the announcers, but last night's were very mid.

DEDawg
02-13-2023, 10:52 PM
last year these 2 guys were getting the 3:30 Fox doubleheader game Arizona vs Chicago
Terrible

Brady has 2 years to polish his announcing skills for SB in 2025

Yall are insane. Olsen is the best weve had in a while. He has killed it all season and did last night.

EdwardDrayton
02-13-2023, 11:48 PM
I've generally enjoyed Olsen during the season but he was a little over the top last night.

coachnorm
02-14-2023, 01:08 AM
I believe that the replay system is bleeding the joy out of football especially college football. Now it is seeping into the NFL. I hate every time a great catch is made, the viewers have to wait on an error plagued replay method that somehow gets screwed up anyhow. Now you have announcers egging on the cancellation of great efforts by the players? I hate it when announcers double up with the officials to cancel great plays by the players. Now with technology somehow a great catch has someone imagining the ball moving a 32th of an inch after contact with the ground so the pass is incomplete? Look at the opening of SB telecast and you see the officiating crew. Why are they presented? Now you get announcers hogging up the camera too? All of this is bleeding some of the joy out of the game.