PDA

View Full Version : PAY Chris Jans and build a new Stadium!!

cheewgumm
02-11-2023, 08:13 PM
We're back!!!!

Cowbell
02-11-2023, 08:20 PM
We're back!!!!

Here! Here!

Maroonthirteen
02-11-2023, 08:21 PM
Helluva win! Hail State!

BuckyIsAB****
02-11-2023, 08:30 PM
That is a nuts win

Commercecomet24
02-11-2023, 08:33 PM
Jans can coach no doubt about it! Big road win!

msstate7
02-11-2023, 08:36 PM
We have no excuse to fill the hump Wednesday

Dawgface
02-11-2023, 08:36 PM
Kentucky our next prey?

Homedawg
02-11-2023, 08:38 PM
We have no excuse to fill the hump Wednesday

Is Jans for sure getting fired after next year still? Asking for a friend. Hahah

SailingDawg
02-11-2023, 08:40 PM
Can?t replace the Hump! Can?t even fill it.

Goldendawg
Wednesday, biggest game in years. Fill the Hump!

msstate7
Is Jans for sure getting fired after next year still? Asking for a friend. Hahah

Ever since I threatened his job, he's responded. Might threaten it again before Wednesday haha

Commercecomet24
02-11-2023, 08:41 PM
It's not easy keeping a team bought in after the losing streak we had but that shows how good a coach Jans. He kept them bought in and playing hard. Now keep going and finish strong!

dawgday166
02-11-2023, 08:44 PM
It's not easy keeping a team bought in after the losing streak we had but that shows how good a coach Jans. He kept them bought in and playing hard. Now keep going and finish strong!

That's one of the main things that has impressed me. Plus ... he's gotten them more relaxed shooting and at free throw line too. Jans can coach. He teaches players become better.

Commercecomet24
02-11-2023, 08:52 PM
That's one of the main things that has impressed me. Plus ... he's gotten them more relaxed shooting and at free throw line too. Jans can coach. He teaches players become better.

Exactly. They've improved in just about every aspect of the game, that's coaching and it's great to see!

basedog
02-11-2023, 08:55 PM
Exactly. They've improved in just about every aspect of the game, that's coaching and it's great to see!

Agree! Jans can coach!

Homedawg
02-11-2023, 09:18 PM
Ever since I threatened his job, he's responded. Might threaten it again before Wednesday haha

I'm messing w you. I know you get emotional during game threads. But that one took the cake. Go ahead it's working.

Cowbell
02-11-2023, 09:34 PM
Jans asked all the season ticket holders to get their tickets to someone who would be there Wednesday. The man gets it.

R2Dawg
02-11-2023, 09:38 PM
We're back!!!!

Boy its starting to feel like it.

We are the hottest team in SEC. TAMU keeps surprising too.

MetEdDawg
02-11-2023, 09:47 PM
Our early season conference schedule created a false perception that we weren't very good. Home and away with Bama and Tennessee plus a road game at Auburn, all in the first 7 games of conference schedule. That's brutal.

We weathered the storm, our coaches coach the hell out of the players, and our program has responded.

Wednesday should be insane.

Commercecomet24
02-11-2023, 09:54 PM
If the game is officiated on the up and up(and maybe even if it's not)we'll beat uk

PGHBulldogBG
02-11-2023, 10:17 PM
Pack the hump Wednesday. This team deserves it and so does Jans. Win Wednesday and we got a good chance to make the tournament

Bothrops
02-11-2023, 10:56 PM
Great Great road win. We were lucky to get Jans! It's now time to beat Kentucky for the first time since George W??

EdwardDrayton
02-11-2023, 11:20 PM
The two are mutually exclusive. Cohen should have built a new arena instead of putting lipstick on the Hump. Need a new venue no matter who the coach is.

Turfdawg67
02-12-2023, 12:03 AM
Geez... gotta love our fans. In the midst of a brutal run to start the SEC schedule we "should've" been looking for a new coach already. Lolz... You give Jans an inkling of talent and look out (ahem NIL). Hail State!

Homedawg
02-12-2023, 12:32 AM
The two are mutually exclusive. Cohen should have built a new arena instead of putting lipstick on the Hump. Need a new venue no matter who the coach is.

I get it, it sounds good but a new hump would be 200mil at least. There is no reason to spend that much money on it. Just isn't

parabrave
02-12-2023, 12:33 AM
One thing Jans said after the TCU game was that the players started to understand what their role were. He said that actually started in the BAMA game. Cam started being more aggresive down low which took the pressure off Toulu. Davis started running the offense and shak has been the shooter.

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 04:55 AM
I get it, it sounds good but a new hump would be 200mil at least. There is no reason to spend that much money on it. Just isn't

Yes. There is. There just is.

99jc
02-12-2023, 07:25 AM
Yes. There is. There just is.

No there isn't. You all let your emotions rule common sense! The hump has not been packed out hardly any this year. Let the season and a few more play out before we get too excited. Let us make the tourney first.

Dawgface
02-12-2023, 08:07 AM
No there isn't. You all let your emotions rule common sense! The hump has not been packed out hardly any this year. Let the season and a few more play out before we get too excited. Let us make the tourney first.
And there is no reason to keep bringing up the topic of a new arena because it?s just not going to happen. Too much has been put into the renovations.

Offshore Dawg
02-12-2023, 10:23 AM

With what funds ?

archdog
02-12-2023, 11:02 AM

Should have built a new arena 10 years ago.
Do we forget that we get like 60 million from ESPN every year?

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 11:54 AM
And there is no reason to keep bringing up the topic of a new arena because it?s just not going to happen. Too much has been put into the renovations.

The fact it's not going to happen has nothing to do with it should have happened.

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 11:55 AM
With what funds ?

Exactly. Hard for some folks to admit we are a poor program. They want to make themselves feel better saying we don't need a new arena. I get it.

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 11:59 AM

Nothing emotional about it. If we can't admit 'facility wow' is not a part of recruiting nowadays, then we're just fooling ourselves. And maybe even more important for us as we exist in Starkville, MS.

NCMSTFAN
02-12-2023, 12:05 PM
Nothing emotional about it. If we can't admit 'facility wow' is not a part of recruiting nowadays, then we're just fooling ourselves. And maybe even more important for us as we exist in Starkville, MS.

I definitely agree, having a nice facility is a strong recruiting tool. That being said I live in NC I haven't been in the Hump in a few years. How do the renovations look? I keep hearing people say we need a new stadium, is it that bad in now?

Leeshouldveflanked
02-12-2023, 12:13 PM
We clear maybe $2 Million a year in basketball when all is said and done. Payback on a new basketball arena would be 50-75 years.

StarkVegasSteve
02-12-2023, 12:16 PM
I definitely agree, having a nice facility is a strong recruiting tool. That being said I live in NC I haven't been in the Hump in a few years. How do the renovations look? I keep hearing people say we need a new stadium, is it that bad in now?

Yea Richard Adkerson damn near bankrolled half the damn renovation by himself. They hit him up for 2 separate 7 figure donations and I think one was close to if not 8 figures.

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 12:23 PM
We clear maybe $2 Million a year in basketball when all is said and done. Payback on a new basketball arena would be 50-75 years.

Not sure that's a valid way to look at it. Build a venue and create a game day experience that's about more than just the game. It will generate more than the historical revenue. Folks want more than just a game to get them there; they want an entertainment experience.

And seems it would have to be a multi-purpose venue.

R2Dawg
02-12-2023, 03:15 PM

The Hump ain't bad. I don't know why there is so much complaining.

If there was no maintenance it would take 3 decades to get to the Sad Pad level. OM needed a new arena for 20 years, The Hump has been maintained.

Don't think we'll know how it looks till finished.

Dawgface
02-12-2023, 03:17 PM
The fact it's not going to happen has nothing to do with it should have happened.

Oh?you?re one of those ?we should have done this? guys. Go ahead and live your life that way. Or you could write a 9 figure check and MSU can get started on it. ;)

RocketDawg
02-12-2023, 03:21 PM

Nothing wrong with the Hump, but I swear over the years the seats have gotten narrower ....

Jans has really injected some life into MSU basketball. I suppose I didn't realize how lethargic it had become under Howland.

R2Dawg
02-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Nothing wrong with the Hump, but I swear over the years the seats have gotten narrower ....

Jans has really injected some life into MSU basketball. I suppose I didn't realize how lethargic it had become under Howland.

Agree The Hump has been dead for many years for MBB, but I've seen some life this year and it felt good. The Hump can be a great venue again. The facility itself is fine.

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Oh?you?re one of those ?we should have done this? guys. Go ahead and live your life that way. Or you could write a 9 figure check and MSU can get started on it. ;)

Do you invest your money for a zero financial return? This college model expecting fans to foot the bill is bizarre. It's a business; run it like a business.

NCMSTFAN
02-12-2023, 05:48 PM
The Hump ain't bad. I don't know why there is so much complaining.

If there was no maintenance it would take 3 decades to get to the Sad Pad level. OM needed a new arena for 20 years, The Hump has been maintained.

Don't think we'll know how it looks till finished.

The last time I was there it wasn't bad at all.. thats why I was wondering why so many people have been bashing it lately

Dawgface
02-12-2023, 08:43 PM
Do you invest your money for a zero financial return? This college model expecting fans to foot the bill is bizarre. It's a business; run it like a business.
I have no problem with the hump and the upgrades. But I would love to hear your business model for funding a $200 mil venture.

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 08:59 PM
I have no problem with the hump and the upgrades. But I would love to hear your business model for funding a $200 mil venture.

No one is interested in the ways to do it. Folks want what we've always had. For-profit entities, equity funding and merger/consolidations no one wants to consider.

R2Dawg
02-13-2023, 01:01 PM

TBH, half these building projects - stadiums, arenas, etc. (college and pro) can't be justified. Just like people think throwing 100MM at Jimbo to leave is no big deal. That is a lot of money.