PDA

View Full Version : Here is a Barbay interview that will get slightly less hate.

Leroy Jenkins
02-11-2023, 04:32 PM
https://twitter.com/brianhadad/status/1624491571625316352?s=20&t=kMQmHAmS80ZEoYe0Ukkqeg

Leroy Jenkins
02-11-2023, 04:35 PM
Some people are going to yell "coachspeak" and generalities and platitudes, but in his defense there are only so many way to say the same thing.

Really Clark?
02-11-2023, 04:54 PM
He uses Air Raid principles and concepts as a part of his offense...but KB said he doesn't use AR at all even though we told him he does?!? That cannot be.

Homedawg
02-11-2023, 05:50 PM
He just made that up bc he felt the backlash from our fans. They wanted to stay AR***

KB21
02-11-2023, 09:14 PM
Typical coach speak.

Jarius
02-11-2023, 09:15 PM
Typical coach speak.

Please shut the **** up.

Really Clark?
02-11-2023, 09:19 PM
Typical coach speak.

Typical delusional douche post

Homedawg
02-11-2023, 09:20 PM
Typical coach speak.

So when he says he wants to run the ball it isn't coach speak and this is ??? You love to pick what you want to hear and use it for your agenda. Congrats.

Dawgface
02-11-2023, 09:32 PM
I liked the first interview. Only dip shits hated it.

Commercecomet24
02-11-2023, 10:15 PM
I liked the first interview. Only dip shits hated it.

This!

KB21
02-11-2023, 10:17 PM
The fact that he keeps stressing the run game basically tells you that all the talk about putting his best 11 in the field is nothing more than talk. He will play the best 11 that allows us to run the football, first and foremost, passing game be damned.

Really Clark?
02-11-2023, 10:27 PM
The fact that he keeps stressing the run game basically tells you that all the talk about putting his best 11 in the field is nothing more than talk. He will play the best 11 that allows us to run the football, first and foremost, passing game be damned.

Either it's coach speak or not, you don't get cherry pick what fits your mental disorder of an agenda and twist it to fit that agenda. Completely dismissing direct answers about what he will actual do to win, including passing to win, or the fact he specifically mentions running Air Raid passing concepts. You don't get to pick and choose what is coach speak.

KB21
02-11-2023, 10:35 PM
He?s had 25 games as a coordinator. Show me where he has run air raid concepts.

Bothrops
02-11-2023, 10:49 PM
What's his run/pass percentage?

KB21
02-11-2023, 11:24 PM
57% run
63% run on 1st down
57% run on 2nd down

RezDog7
02-12-2023, 01:17 AM
57% run
63% run on 1st down
57% run on 2nd down

I hope we never pass the ball again. Just run the Tulu wildcat.

KB21
02-12-2023, 01:26 AM
Then you do not want to win.

Todd4State
02-12-2023, 01:51 AM
57% run
63% run on 1st down
57% run on 2nd down

Gross.

Todd4State
02-12-2023, 01:52 AM
I hope we never pass the ball again. Just run the Tulu wildcat.

I agree with Barbay when he said that he should be used on fly sweeps and reverses. I just don't see him in the wildcat.

Todd4State
02-12-2023, 01:56 AM
I thought it was a good interview. Brian asked him some good questions that were actually football related that I think cleared some things up. Much better than the softball lobs from Joel T Coleman about "Gee that's really funny how you had to run to the airport in two hours to get to Jackson to meet Arnett and only had an App State shirt to wear."

We'll find out if he actually practices what he preaches about doing what his players do best. Still have doubts about that.

KB21
02-12-2023, 02:32 AM
I agree with Barbay when he said that he should be used on fly sweeps and reverses. I just don't see him in the wildcat.

Those jet fly sweeps are not going to be run nearly as much as some believe. The comparison many try to make for Tulu is Pimpleton at Central Michigan. He only had 16 carries in 13 games. He also only had 62 receptions.

Todd4State
02-12-2023, 03:08 AM
Those jet fly sweeps are not going to be run nearly as much as some believe. The comparison many try to make for Tulu is Pimpleton at Central Michigan. He only had 16 carries in 13 games. He also only had 62 receptions.

That's an average of about 5 receptions a game and 1 carry which would be to me would be a realistic expectation for his season totals. He should have been playing slot for Leach. We really lacked a shifty slot guy besides Walley to get YAC which would have helped the offense be more explosive. The other good thing about Tulu in the slot is it means we can get Roberson and Robinson on the field at the same time.

But yeah- it does seem like we have some fans who think he is going to get 10+ offensive touches a game and that's not likely. With more deep shots called I would expect Robinson and Roberson to have big seasons.

KB21
02-12-2023, 03:24 AM
In theory, but Tulu there?s never really been good enough receiver to play in the slot in the air raid.

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2023, 11:05 AM
In theory, but Tulu there?s never really been good enough receiver to play in the slot in the air raid.

People don?t want to hear this or accept it but it?s true. We made our bed with Tulu I hope it pays off

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2023, 11:07 AM
We are gonna run y cross and four verticals. That technically is air raid concepts but everyone does that. There is nothing air raid about what we are going to do. And im fine with that. We needed to add to what we were doing. Not change it this much but beggars can?t be choosers

Todd4State
02-12-2023, 11:44 AM
We are gonna run y cross and four verticals. That technically is air raid concepts but everyone does that. There is nothing air raid about what we are going to do. And im fine with that. We needed to add to what we were doing. Not change it this much but beggars can?t be choosers

We should keep mesh. We made a lot of plays off of that. It was crazy how many times we scored in the red zone running that concept.

I think I saw y sail in a video from Barbay too.

KB21
02-12-2023, 12:03 PM
Mesh is the greatest pass concept there is.

Really Clark?
02-12-2023, 12:23 PM
Mesh is the greatest pass concept there is.

LaVell Edwards at BYU. It's where Leach learned the concept, several of the passing routes he got from Edwards. Saw an early clinic where Leach was showing how he used it with 21 personnel as well.

RiverCityDawg
02-12-2023, 02:17 PM

You say he "only" had 16 receptions and "only" had 62 receptions, but that's twice the offensive touches Tulu had last year. I think the vast majority of fans would be happy with that.

KB21
02-12-2023, 02:55 PM
You say he "only" had 16 receptions and "only" had 62 receptions, but that's twice the offensive touches Tulu had last year. I think the vast majority of fans would be happy with that.

He was their top receiving option. Tulu was a 5th option.

Pancho
02-12-2023, 03:01 PM
If Kb21 ain't a rebel prick, then he sure knows how to act like 1 of em

RiverCityDawg
02-12-2023, 03:16 PM
He was their top receiving option. Tulu was a 5th option.

So? No one is arguing that there will be the same number of receptions available in total or that the ball is going to be spread around as much. The point is that the biggest playmakers will be getting the ball more. There will be fewer touches for the backups.

KB21
02-12-2023, 03:22 PM
So? No one is arguing that there will be the same number of receptions available in total or that the ball is going to be spread around as much. The point is that the biggest playmakers will be getting the ball more. There will be fewer touches for the backups.

Of course not. We will be running into stacked boxes so we can establish the running game and show our toughness rather than being smart and spreading the ball around.

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2023, 03:25 PM
So does anyone think that maybe Arnett (who is a very good DC) has saw the offense and decided to go with a an offense that he would have more trouble stopping?

We got shut down a good many times just by a defense running a 3-8.

Jarius
02-12-2023, 03:58 PM
Of course not. We will be running into stacked boxes so we can establish the running game and show our toughness rather than being smart and spreading the ball around.

No we aren’t. We are going to run the ball when there is a light box and throw it when there’s not, just like most every coach does, except your hero who couldn’t score on anyone with a defense ranked in the top 60.

KB21
02-12-2023, 04:05 PM
You clearly do not know Barbay?s offense or his playcalling tendencies.

KB21
02-12-2023, 04:07 PM
I?m just curious why some people think that he?s gonna be any different as a play caller than he has been over the past two years.

Really Clark?
02-12-2023, 04:19 PM
I?m just curious why some people think that he?s gonna be any different as a play caller than he has been over the past two years.

Because he ran App st offense and ran what the HC wanted. He threw more at CMU whiling running what Jim wanted but passed the ball more than he ran it at SFA as OC with a DC as HC. He has shown to be adaptable and with the base of what the HC wants.

RiverCityDawg
02-12-2023, 05:26 PM

Weak

Really Clark?
02-12-2023, 05:44 PM

Running into a stacked box is the same thing as throwing into a stacked coverage.

Jarius
02-12-2023, 10:01 PM
You clearly do not know Barbay?s offense or his playcalling tendencies.

No, you clearly don’t. If he was running into stacked boxes he would not have been successful where he was. No one is successful when they do that.

Johnson85
02-13-2023, 10:59 AM
No, you clearly don?t. If he was running into stacked boxes he would not have been successful where he was. No one is successful when they do that.

You don't understand the talent advantages he had at CMU and App St. So yea, he could just pound the rock into a stacked box with App St.'s talent against UNC, but now we're doomed b/c he's going to try that with our talent against the SEC and there's zero chance he's going to adapt. He's had two seasons as play caller. When have you ever seen a coach adapt or get better after spending that long calling plays? Once they've been calling plays that long, pretty much everybody knows their tendencies and knows they aren't going to be able or willing to change them.

Ari Gold
02-13-2023, 11:20 AM
You don't understand the talent advantages he had at CMU and App St. So yea, he could just pound the rock into a stacked box with App St.'s talent against UNC, but now we're doomed b/c he's going to try that with our talent against the SEC and there's zero chance he's going to adapt. He's had two seasons as play caller. When have you ever seen a coach adapt or get better after spending that long calling plays? Once they've been calling plays that long, pretty much everybody knows their tendencies and knows they aren't going to be able or willing to change them.

He beat AM with less talent
He put up 60 against unc that went 9-5 with less talent

Again some of you act like we are going to be running The Norte Dame box offense
Again for the cheap seats ... The Ari Raid didn’t work against every team .. holy shit I don’t get why some of you don’t understand that
And this new offense won’t work against everyone either .. it will have its ups and downs just like the air raid

**** this is getting old and it’s just Feb....

Dawgface
02-13-2023, 11:33 AM
Yep. As soon as we have a crap day offensively against a good team you can bet the ?I told you so? types will be chirping. Lot?s to look forward too. Ha

KB21
02-13-2023, 11:37 AM
His typical run, run, pass play calling sequences will excite some of you.

Ari Gold
02-13-2023, 11:46 AM
His typical run, run, pass play calling sequences will excite some of you.

Well the pass pass pass didn’t excite the majority of the fan base , so there’s that
At least there will be a Pass or run possibility now ..

And FYI don’t be shocked One day when you try and log in under KB21 it won’t be active, you have made your point you don’t like the hire .. we get it . Deal with it and ****ing let it go . Move on to something else to bitch about

KB21
02-13-2023, 11:58 AM
Well the pass pass pass didn’t excite the majority of the fan base , so there’s that

And FYI don’t be shocked One day when you try and log in under KB21 it won’t be active, you have made your point you don’t like the hire .. we get it . Deal with it and ****ing let it go . Move on to something else to bitch about

That's only because there are a lot of Mississippi State fans who still believe that passing is evil.

TrapGame
02-13-2023, 12:19 PM

https://media.tenor.com/1Ve9wcYp1QQAAAAM/doit-ben-stiller.gif

Dawgface
02-13-2023, 02:59 PM
https://media.tenor.com/1Ve9wcYp1QQAAAAM/doit-ben-stiller.gif
Yes. Past time.

KB21
02-13-2023, 04:23 PM
Did posters get banned for their Mike Leach hatred? Just curious, because I spent three years trying to avoid reading a lot of the crap that some spewed about Mike Leach.

Really Clark?
02-13-2023, 04:37 PM
Did posters get banned for their Mike Leach hatred? Just curious, because I spent three years trying to avoid reading a lot of the crap that some spewed about Mike Leach.

Link the posts that were equivalent to your continuous delusions and thread highjacking.

KB21
02-13-2023, 04:46 PM
Short memory, huh?

Really Clark?
02-13-2023, 04:50 PM
Short memory, huh?

Naw, I just know you can't find one poster to link that comes close to your negative posts that you send out over and over and over......and over

msugolf
02-13-2023, 04:55 PM
That's only because there are a lot of Mississippi State fans who still believe that passing is evil.

No one is saying that except you. We all love passing it. But we also love not being bored to death by lack of explosive plays. But somehow since we are not going full air raid you believe we are going full 1980s Big Ten. You are en extreme fanatic. It would be like me saying I like a beer every now and then and you calling me an alcoholic.

Homedawg
02-13-2023, 05:09 PM
No one is saying that except you. We all love passing it. But we also love not being bored to death by lack of explosive plays. But somehow since we are not going full air raid you believe we are going full 1980s Big Ten. You are en extreme fanatic. It would be like me saying I like a beer every now and then and you calling me an alcoholic.

Perfectly said!

RiverCityDawg
02-13-2023, 05:20 PM

You are way worse and I know because I was arguing with those people. At least they argued in good faith whereas you're beating a dead horse straw man.

This idea that anyone that wants a more balanced attack - like all the successful teams in college football have - is a Mike Leach hater, a lover of run/run/pass/punt, wants to run into overloaded boxes, hates passing, and is a Neanderthal, is an incredibly weak position and just makes you look like a whinny insufferable dumbass.

Commercecomet24
02-13-2023, 05:55 PM

Nailed it!

BuckyIsAB****
02-13-2023, 06:05 PM
Running into a stacked box is the same thing as throwing into a stacked coverage.

Right. So all the garbage about THROW THE BAWWLLL DEEP Is just non sense. We never had a lot of good looks or guys that could separate or enough time to do that consistently

Homedawg
02-13-2023, 10:30 PM
You are way worse and I know because I was arguing with those people. At least they argued in good faith whereas you're beating a dead horse straw man.

This idea that anyone that wants a more balanced attack - like all the successful teams in college football have - is a Mike Leach hater, a lover of run/run/pass/punt, wants to run into overloaded boxes, hates passing, and is a Neanderthal, is an incredibly weak position and just makes you look like a whinny insufferable dumbass.
All spot on.

Homedawg
02-13-2023, 10:31 PM
Right. So all the garbage about THROW THE BAWWLLL DEEP Is just non sense. We never had a lot of good looks or guys that could separate or enough time to do that consistently

And never will have the guys that can seperate.... but we also had ZERO play action threat. That's where we can get some shots.

Todd4State
02-14-2023, 12:10 AM
And never will have the guys that can seperate.... but we also had ZERO play action threat. That's where we can get some shots.

Partially by booster choice- we historically have chosen Jeffrey Simmons over AJ Brown when it comes down to it.

We have to start finding a way to get more 4 star skill players to MSU. We've been doing fine with defensive players. Really zero reason why we shouldn't be able to find receivers IMO- Jerry Rice of all people is from the same county in addition to AJ Brown, Freddie Milons, and now there is a four star WR at Starkville and 2025 4 maybe 5 star in Choctaw County literally 30 minutes away from campus.

I'm not saying getting defensive four star players is bad. But we may need to adjust our strategy slightly to get more production out of the offense.

KB21
02-14-2023, 12:11 AM
And when the play action doesn?t produce the big plays that you think it will? What then?

We won?t have the quick efficient passing game that the air raid offense produces because we are subscribing to the faulty premise that you have to run the ball to be able to play action. Therefore, those quick efficient pass place will be replaced by less efficient running plays all in the name of trying to set up the play action pass.

But not only that, we will also be RPO heavy, which means we will be using less of the field in our passing game.

Oh, but then we?re gonna run so many plays and formations that we won?t be able to practice any of them to the point that we actually get really good at it.

KB21
02-14-2023, 12:13 AM
Partially by booster choice- we historically have chosen Jeffrey Simmons over AJ Brown when it comes down to it.

We have to start finding a way to get more 4 star skill players to MSU. We've been doing fine with defensive players. Really zero reason why we shouldn't be able to find receivers IMO- Jerry Rice of all people is from the same county in addition to AJ Brown, Freddie Milons, and now there is a four star WR at Starkville and 2025 4 maybe 5 star in Choctaw County literally 30 minutes away from campus.

I'm not saying getting defensive four star players is bad. But we may need to adjust our strategy slightly to get more production out of the offense.

It will be difficult to recruit four-star talent at any position, other than running back with the scheme.

Todd4State
02-14-2023, 12:32 AM
It will be difficult to recruit four-star talent at any position, other than running back with the scheme.

Well, I don't expect Barbay to be here for long good or bad either way.

If we're 50/50 passing/running we should be able to recruit all positions. Recruits don't just pick a school based on scheme.

mo7888
02-14-2023, 06:51 AM
Well, I don't expect Barbay to be here for long good or bad either way.

If we're 50/50 passing/running we should be able to recruit all positions. Recruits don't just pick a school based on scheme.

Good recruits choose a school based on who can get them to the next level. Scheme does impact that... We were never able to get pass first QB's (with only a few minor exceptions) for instance until we brought in the AR. So while there are exceptions, scheme doesn't impact recruiting.

archdog
02-14-2023, 08:35 AM

And if that?s the case, we stand zero chances of beating Bama and probably LSU and aTm.

archdog
02-14-2023, 08:38 AM
Tulu should have played in the slot and should have been option 1.

BuckyIsAB****
02-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Tulu should have played in the slot and should have been option 1.

Based on what? He has made a few catches. He has also made some really bad drops

KB21
02-14-2023, 10:00 AM
To compete with Alabama, Georgia, and LSU, you are either going to have to do what they do better than how they do it, or you have to be completely different and give them something they don't see all the time. Arnett chose the former. He wants to run the pro style scheme the way Alabama, Georgia, and LSU runs it, so that means we have to do it better than they do to compete with them.

msstate7
02-14-2023, 10:10 AM
To compete with Alabama, Georgia, and LSU, you are either going to have to do what they do better than how they do it, or you have to be completely different and give them something they don't see all the time. Arnett chose the former. He wants to run the pro style scheme the way Alabama, Georgia, and LSU runs it, so that means we have to do it better than they do to compete with them.

This season vs those 3 teams, we were 0-3 with a combined score of 106-41.

Johnson85
02-14-2023, 10:12 AM
Based on what? He has made a few catches. He has also made some really bad drops

Yea, I think it's a fair criticism of Leach's style that he couldn't find a way to get the ball in Tulu's hands more. But I don't think Tulu had the hands to be a slot in the air raid. The flipside of that is very few coaches could use Austin Williams in the SEC. There are tradeoffs with pretty much any style of coaching or offensive system you use.

KB21
02-14-2023, 10:20 AM

What was Dan's record against those teams during his time at Mississippi State?

mo7888
02-14-2023, 10:22 AM

But that's like judging a half baked cake in a contest against fully baked ones... What we saw wasn't where we were going with this offense judging by the archetype of QB we'd been recruiting as of late.

SilentSteel16
02-14-2023, 10:26 AM
1-1 against Georgia and beat LSU 2x and 0-century Bama.

msstate7
02-14-2023, 10:29 AM
What was Dan's record against those teams during his time at Mississippi State?

So what you're saying is it doesn't matter what we run offensively bc we aren't beating them? I agree.

Give arnett's vision a shot before you declare it a failure. If he's trash, I'll join you quickly, but until then, chill

msstate7
02-14-2023, 10:30 AM
But that's like judging a half baked cake in a contest against fully baked ones... What we saw wasn't where we were going with this offense judging by the archetype of QB we'd been recruiting as of late.

What we saw this year is basically what leach has done his whole career. There's no evidence we were changing anything

KB21
02-14-2023, 10:45 AM

Yep. Instead of building upon what was here, we decided to trash it and go in a completely different direction.

Johnson85
02-14-2023, 10:46 AM
What we saw this year is basically what leach has done his whole career. There's no evidence we were changing anything

Well, Parsons is not what he has done his whole career. Maybe he wouldn't have done anything with Parson's athletic ability, but he wasn't a typical recruit. Even if we didn't change anything, we were still upgrading talent on offense I think. Our Oline was pretty solid despite not having many highly rated recruits. We were getting guys Leach identified in and I think that would have helped in another year or two. While we seemed to still be missing out on the game changer WR, we were still upgrading our average talent at WR, which in the air raid is just about as important as getting the one big time stud. As much as I love Tulu, he was undersized on the outside. I think Robinson would have been an upgrade in a year. As important as Austin Williams was, if we are recruiting where we should, he probably doesn't get on the field.

DawgFromOxford
02-14-2023, 10:47 AM

Let's be realistic, we aren't going to compete for top spot in the SEC on a consistent basis regardless of what scheme we run. I don't care what scheme we run as long as it gets us 7-9 win seasons most of the time with a shot to win 10+ and compete for the SEC every 3ish years. I would love to compete for the SEC every year, but I also know the resources we have make that an uphill climb.

KB21
02-14-2023, 10:58 AM
Let's be realistic, we aren't going to compete for top spot in the SEC on a consistent basis regardless of what scheme we run. I don't care what scheme we run as long as it gets us 7-9 win seasons most of the time with a shot to win 10+ and compete for the SEC every 3ish years. I would love to compete for the SEC every year, but I also know the resources we have make that an uphill climb.

The decision to go to a pro style offense makes that climb harder.

KB21
02-14-2023, 11:05 AM
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1625523618422657030?s=20&t=aeDWuPxiRUy8N9lo3i6Vng

Should we worry that Georgia may come after Barbay?*****

KB21
02-14-2023, 11:24 AM
https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1625530730695598088?s=20&t=YKKNF4GwfWs0Bw_1T55J1w

mo7888
02-14-2023, 12:36 PM
Except there is....but you guys don't want to accept it because it hurts your arguments....

mo7888
02-14-2023, 12:37 PM
Well, Parsons is not what he has done his whole career. Maybe he wouldn't have done anything with Parson's athletic ability, but he wasn't a typical recruit. Even if we didn't change anything, we were still upgrading talent on offense I think. Our Oline was pretty solid despite not having many highly rated recruits. We were getting guys Leach identified in and I think that would have helped in another year or two. While we seemed to still be missing out on the game changer WR, we were still upgrading our average talent at WR, which in the air raid is just about as important as getting the one big time stud. As much as I love Tulu, he was undersized on the outside. I think Robinson would have been an upgrade in a year. As important as Austin Williams was, if we are recruiting where we should, he probably doesn't get on the field.

Yep

Goldendawg
02-14-2023, 04:55 PM

Reality, not opinion.

KB21
02-14-2023, 05:18 PM
?15-16, we were out scored by Bama 82-9. In two games.

BuckyIsAB****
02-14-2023, 06:10 PM
1-1 against Georgia and beat LSU 2x and 0-century Bama.

Mullen lost to UGA at least twice

Homedawg
02-15-2023, 04:13 PM
Mullen lost to UGA at least twice

correct. he was 1-2 vs UGA

Homedawg
02-15-2023, 04:15 PM
?15-16, we were out scored by Bama 82-9. In two games.

Well, CML lost to them 9-90 the first two years. Add the third year and it was 15-120

RockyDog
02-15-2023, 05:19 PM

How can you say that? Leach had 3 full seasons with a 2 and a half year starter that set school passing records. You can?t say that it is not comparable to full seasons of other coaches.

Will is what he is but just because the Texas boys had more crootin stars didn?t mean that they were going to have much bigger careers. There was potential for that to happen but you can?t minimize Leach?s record and say that it is not even with other coaching tenures based solely and what you THINK the offense could have looked like with Sawyer or anybody else running the show.

Johnson85
02-16-2023, 04:35 PM
How can you say that? Leach had 3 full seasons with a 2 and a half year starter that set school passing records. You can?t say that it is not comparable to full seasons of other coaches.

Will is what he is but just because the Texas boys had more crootin stars didn?t mean that they were going to have much bigger careers. There was potential for that to happen but you can?t minimize Leach?s record and say that it is not even with other coaching tenures based solely and what you THINK the offense could have looked like with Sawyer or anybody else running the show.

3 seasons is not the same as 5 or 7 seasons. If you're not at a blue blood, in year 3, you're still presumably playing a lot of guys from the former coach and/or relying on a lot of transfers to plug holes, or you're playing people that aren't quite ready yet. Granted it's partly because of his recruiting failures, but Mullen was still dealing with serious OL issues in his third year because Croom just didn't sign enough bodies for two years. Hell, Mullen was sort of dealing with transition issues even in 2013 because of inheriting a QB that didn't fit his style but was good enough that he was hard to recruit over.

Leach certainly wasn't guaranteed to get better, but at least on offense, we presumably would have upgraded our talent at WR and OL and probably would have at least upgraded physical talent at QB.

mo7888
02-17-2023, 06:51 PM

I'm not comparing him to another coach. I'm comparing the offense with Will to the one we were likely to see with the new QB's he was recruiting. It has nothing to do with stars either, it has to do with the fact that the new guys were more physical and have the ability to make plays with their feet while still being accurate from the pocket. That was what was in store..

Todd4State
02-17-2023, 10:55 PM
I'm not comparing him to another coach. I'm comparing the offense with Will to the one we were likely to see with the new QB's he was recruiting. It has nothing to do with stars either, it has to do with the fact that the new guys were more physical and have the ability to make plays with their feet while still being accurate from the pocket. That was what was in store..

Yes. And to me that is a big part of the tragedy when Leach passed away.

Comparing it to Dan- Dan's offense the first few years was not as good as it was until Dak took over in year six of his tenure. And then when Fitzgerald became QB the PPG went down from when Dak was QB- because Dak is the greatest QB in MSU history so I'm not being critical here. But the numbers when Fitz was our QB were better than it was when Relf/Russell were the QB's.

I think a similar thing would have happened with Leach had he survived.