Agree & agree. Now maybe they screw up the next hire too lol

msstate7
02-11-2023, 04:18 PM
Not gonna happen. He wants to play n the Pavilion

He like losing in that building?

RockyDog
02-11-2023, 04:37 PM
He like losing in that building?

He?s not guaranteed to win in the Hump either. We are both going to be rebuilding from the portal.

trob115
02-11-2023, 04:39 PM
Decent chance we get Hubbard. If not for Kermit, he wouldn't be committed to OM. George Brooks has a good relationship with him and will depend on if he asks for a release from his NLI.

Goldendawg
02-11-2023, 04:46 PM
Not gonna happen. He wants to play n the Pavilion

Then some of you haven't been to a home game this year in the Hump! It's coming along very slowly inside as "lipstick on pig project" continues. Another parting Cohen gift. Should have put this $40 mil (?), toward new modern facility. Hump will still look like the same same '70's facility that opened shortly before I attended in 75 -77 with a few outward attachments. JMO and know I am beating a very dead horse.

chef dixon
02-11-2023, 04:47 PM
Y'all going to lose sleep over a 4 star high school basketball recruit?

msstate7
02-11-2023, 04:50 PM

I want every 4-star guard in Mississippi

SpaceBully
02-11-2023, 06:12 PM

I didn't lose any sleep over the one we lost to Florida either.

EdwardDrayton
02-11-2023, 06:14 PM
I want every 4-star guard in Mississippi

One three-star guard and we're immediately a better team

MedDawg
02-11-2023, 06:18 PM
I don't think players care at all how comfortable the fans are. Give them a nice practice facility and lockers rooms and a loud crowd and they are fine. They certainly don't care if a coliseum has a club level.

Unless the Pavilion has clearly better locker rooms, there's no reason a player would rather play there than The Hump. Some of the best programs have old coliseums.

MoreCowbell
02-11-2023, 06:38 PM
He?s not guaranteed to win in the Hump either. We are both going to be rebuilding from the portal.

Shak, Stevenson, Murphy, Matthews and a chance at Tolu. I would take that nucleus any day

Goldendawg
02-11-2023, 07:06 PM
Shak, Stevenson, Murphy, Matthews and a chance at Tolu. I would take that nucleus any day

Murphy hasn't seen the court in several games. Reported here his practice habits and lack of D keep him off the court. If this is the case, bet he hits the portal at the end of the year. JMO.

SpaceBully
02-11-2023, 09:21 PM

I'm starting to warm up to McNair as well. He's showing me some nice skills for another 6'11" guy.

Ari Gold
02-11-2023, 09:43 PM

I will be shocked if Murphy and Russell or both here next year

Ari Gold
02-11-2023, 09:48 PM

WE???? Looks like RockyReb has had one too many white claws.. chin up buddy
And regarding Hubbard he won’t be in Oxford next year except for a road game

somebodyshotmypaw
02-12-2023, 08:20 AM
I'm starting to warm up to McNair as well. He's showing me some nice skills for another 6'11" guy.

I’ve loved McNair since the first time I saw him. Not many teams have a big guy on the bench like that. He’s a great piece in the bench rotation.

StarkVegasSteve
02-12-2023, 12:21 PM

THIS. He's gonna be a DAWG. Richard will make sure we close that one out when Kermit is canned.

Commercecomet24
02-12-2023, 02:14 PM

Yes, this!

viverlibre
02-12-2023, 02:17 PM
We have got to steal Hubbard

Will Wade to Grenada, without the lake? Does he have a show cause or similar sanction?

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 02:24 PM
Are we missing the obvious joy here?!!?? That school is tanking in one of the three major sports and will be looking for a new bad hire to fail them. And they are in the running to finish DEAD LAST!! Ain't it GRAND!!

PGHBulldogBG
02-12-2023, 03:06 PM
There are rumors Will Wade wants that job. I’m sure that would really rile up the LSU fanbase considering they went from being solid with Wade to last in the SEC

EdwardDrayton
02-12-2023, 03:11 PM
There are rumors Will Wade wants that job. I’m sure that would really rile up the LSU fanbase considering they went from being solid with Wade to last in the SEC

Oh I hope he gets it and goes on to break his personal record for Level I violations.

StarkVegasSteve
02-12-2023, 04:52 PM
There are rumors Will Wade wants that job. I?m sure that would really rile up the LSU fanbase considering they went from being solid with Wade to last in the SEC

Wade has a standing deal with Wichita St to take their job if he is cleared.

Ari Gold
02-13-2023, 09:46 AM

Surprised Jay Wright or Coach K doesn’t want the job .. I mean it is Ole Miss and Oxford

Irondawg
02-14-2023, 08:13 AM
Personally I hoped Kermit won enough to stay there. He?s not a guy that scares me at all so I won?t find joy in his firing as there is probably a 75% or greater chance they do better.

ZedFedder
02-14-2023, 08:16 AM
It is pretty baffling how he went from SEC Coach of the Year his first season to where he is now. He inherited a ton of talent that first year with T. Davis and Tyree.

The thing is, Kermit can recruit. Murrell was a top 50 recruit. Ruffin is a top 50 recruit. Amaree Abram was a pretty big recruit. He just can?t develop or coach, I suppose.

PGHBulldogBG
02-14-2023, 01:01 PM
I wouldn’t mind Kermit knocking off Florida tomorrow night. Then we beat UK and Ole Miss and UK loses to Tennessee. I think that would really knock UK and UF far down and we should make the tournament if we just protect our home court after that

StarkVegasSteve
02-14-2023, 06:33 PM
It is pretty baffling how he went from SEC Coach of the Year his first season to where he is now. He inherited a ton of talent that first year with T. Davis and Tyree.

The thing is, Kermit can recruit. Murrell was a top 50 recruit. Ruffin is a top 50 recruit. Amaree Abram was a pretty big recruit. He just can?t develop or coach, I suppose.

Well and he's lost the locker room there. I still firmly believe they all expected him to get fired last year and once he wasn't he never won the team back. I don't necessarily believe Kermit is a bad coach. He obviously can recruit and I think he's an average floor coach, but his best Middle teams relied on 4th or 5th year players and in the SEC your best players are just not staying that long. Another thing that hurts him is the transfers he's brought in haven't done anything and the guys that left the program have produced and been effective at their second school.

msstate7
02-14-2023, 07:33 PM
Well and he's lost the locker room there. I still firmly believe they all expected him to get fired last year and once he wasn't he never won the team back. I don't necessarily believe Kermit is a bad coach. He obviously can recruit and I think he's an average floor coach, but his best Middle teams relied on 4th or 5th year players and in the SEC your best players are just not staying that long. Another thing that hurts him is the transfers he's brought in haven't done anything and the guys that left the program have produced and been effective at their second school.

Speaking of, should we be reaching out to Austin Crowley?

StarkVegasSteve
02-15-2023, 10:29 AM

If he has any eligibility left it would probably be worth kicking the tires on.

KB21
02-15-2023, 10:34 AM

Austin is at Southern Miss now.

msstate7
02-15-2023, 11:02 AM
Austin is at Southern Miss now.

Yep, and he's a junior having a great season. Not sure if he's on pace to graduate this year or not. He's from West Point, so maybe there would be interest

KB21
02-15-2023, 11:40 AM
Yep, and he's a junior having a great season. Not sure if he's on pace to graduate this year or not. He's from West Point, so maybe there would be interest

Yeah. Austin's mom worked with me some in the clinic when I was in West Point.

Johnson85
02-15-2023, 11:45 AM
Do they try to hire Andy Kennedy back?

Ari Gold
02-15-2023, 11:51 AM

No

StarkVegasSteve
02-15-2023, 01:44 PM
Do they try to hire Andy Kennedy back?

Their problem is that the guy they want....Beard....can't be hired. He's still facing felony charges and those are not going to be resolved until probably sometime this summer at the earliest. The next guy on their list is Will Wade. His stuff with the NCAA is not going to be resolved one way or the other until probably April. I think the hire is going to be Dusty May at FAU or Pat Kelsey at CofC. May doesn't scare me at all. Kelsey scares me a bit because he's 10x the floor coach of Kermit, and he's probably around the same type of recruiter. However, I think Carter is going to roll the dice and attempt to hire Will Wade, even though I've heard he has a standing deal with Wichita St if the NCAA stuff gets resolved without a show cause.

StarkVegasSteve
02-15-2023, 06:00 PM
Their problem is that the guy they want....Beard....can't be hired. He's still facing felony charges and those are not going to be resolved until probably sometime this summer at the earliest. The next guy on their list is Will Wade. His stuff with the NCAA is not going to be resolved one way or the other until probably April. I think the hire is going to be Dusty May at FAU or Pat Kelsey at CofC. May doesn't scare me at all. Kelsey scares me a bit because he's 10x the floor coach of Kermit, and he's probably around the same type of recruiter. However, I think Carter is going to roll the dice and attempt to hire Will Wade, even though I've heard he has a standing deal with Wichita St if the NCAA stuff gets resolved without a show cause.

Well never mind. It just got dropped. I would expect Ole Miss to put the full court press on Beard. And if they get him, we need to be worried.

confucius say
02-15-2023, 06:10 PM
Well never mind. It just got dropped. I would expect Ole Miss to put the full court press on Beard. And if they get him, we need to be worried.

So he did something that was bad enough to get fired as a top 10 coach at texas but it's not bad enough to keep OM from hiring him?

PGHBulldogBG
02-15-2023, 06:53 PM
Something tells me Beard will end up at UK in 2024/2025 year. They probably keep Cal one more year and then hire Beard.

Ari Gold
02-16-2023, 07:06 PM

Zero chance

Ari Gold
02-16-2023, 07:07 PM
The Gold prediction for the next OM head coach
Bryce Drew..
and IMO that would be a good hire. He got a raw deal at Vandy

Turfdawg67
02-16-2023, 09:51 PM
The Gold prediction for the next OM head coach
Bryce Drew..
and IMO that would be a good hire. He got a raw deal at Vandy

The guy that got the winning shot on one of their historically beat teams? LOL!

EdwardDrayton
02-16-2023, 10:17 PM
Chris Beard will be lucky to get a job selling used cars.

StarkVegasSteve
02-17-2023, 07:37 AM
Chris Beard will be lucky to get a job selling used cars.

Chris Beard will be coaching in 2023.

Johnson85
02-17-2023, 10:58 AM
Chris Beard will be coaching in 2023.

If he wants to, but I think it's a real question as to how far down he'll have to go to do it. I think he's better off now than he would have been a few years ago, but potential domestic violence is still a pretty hot button issue. Is there an Auburn type school out there with a vacancy that will say screw the PR, all that matters is winning?

I would think Ole Miss would have to at least look hard at him. I'd like to think we would if we were in their position but we probably wouldn't.

StarkVegasSteve
02-17-2023, 11:40 AM
If he wants to, but I think it's a real question as to how far down he'll have to go to do it. I think he's better off now than he would have been a few years ago, but potential domestic violence is still a pretty hot button issue. Is there an Auburn type school out there with a vacancy that will say screw the PR, all that matters is winning?

I would think Ole Miss would have to at least look hard at him. I'd like to think we would if we were in their position but we probably wouldn't.

Either him or Will Wade is going to be coaching Wichita St next year. Louisville could take a swing at Beard. Georgetown is going to have an opening. I really doubt Beard will have to go G5. There is a school out there with enough good lawyers that would have an iron clad morality clause in the contract

msstate7
02-17-2023, 12:21 PM
Either him or Will Wade is going to be coaching Wichita St next year. Louisville could take a swing at Beard. Georgetown is going to have an opening. I really doubt Beard will have to go G5. There is a school out there with enough good lawyers that would have an iron clad morality clause in the contract

I wish Georgetown could find a way to be good again. I grew up watching those Big East games, and I miss Georgetown being a force.

I doubt seriously Georgetown is the school to take a shot on beard though

StarkVegasSteve
02-17-2023, 12:32 PM
I wish Georgetown could find a way to be good again. I grew up watching those Big East games, and I miss Georgetown being a force.

I doubt seriously Georgetown is the school to take a shot on beard though

You and I agree on that. I see them targeting Ed Cooley, Kevin Keats, Anthony Grant, Porter Moser, Steve Forbes, or maybe even Mike Boynton. I don't think Kelvin Sampson wants to make another move and Tillman Feritita can match anything Georgetown offers.